Racerhub.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: McKennedy Racing for Five Grand at Lee

McKennedy Racing for Five Grand at Lee

With a record number of people visiting New Hampshire this week, according to the local news, I hope they realize that the VMRS has a race at Lee on Friday night that will pay the 18th place starter $5,000-to-win once all of the bonus money is added up, and if he wins of course.
    With perfect weather forecasted and a great crowd at last years event, the Laticrete Port City 100 could be an even bigger success this year. The highest finishing driver who also raced in the June 4 Laticrete 125 at Star will get a $300 bonus.

I'm there. Always love July race at Lee. Has a lot of tradition to it!

A tip of the cap to Red McDonald

The number one reason I supported this race was the whopping $15 to get in the front gate. Thompson charges more as soon as they add 10 extra laps to a mini-stock race, never mind adding a full VMRS 100 lap race. For $15, I even talked a buddy who hadn't been to a short track race since Clinton was President to come along.

$15 at the front gate was much appreciated Red! Let me tip my cap to you...

We also appreciated moving the show along with some urgency with the threat of rain looming, such as to not get a repeat of the situation at Stafford a few weeks ago.

I'm not sure why there were only 19 cars (rain?) but it was a damn good race indeed. The top three started 8th, 9th, and 18th so there was plenty of passing throughout the race. Congrats to Chris Pasteryak, who drove a smart race and scored a well deserved victory.

Really only 19 cars? I was planning to go to Lee last night, but my plan was thwarted due to the chance of rain.

Tonight looks good though, Pro All Stars Series 150 @ Beech Ridge.

Thanks,
    Jeff.

Maybe some guys were saving cars for next weeks big show at Canaan

The $15 admission was nice. I think the rain kept teams and some fans away. This race drew 30 or so cars last year. It was raining pretty hard about a mile north of the track just before the mods rolled out for their feature. I didn't think there was a lot of passing though. It seemed like there were more cars going backwards than charging to the front. It was nice seeing the 28 contending for a win.

Thread Information