By Dino Oberto

(LEHIGHTON, PA 7-9-11) Matt Roselli of Brodheadsville scored a convincing ATQMRA win in Saturday night’s Len Duncan Memorial sponsored by Robert Null at Lehighton’s Mahoning Valley Speedway.

Roselli, who drives the West End Rent-All #98, started on the pole for the 20-lap contest and at the race commencing green quickly jumped into the lead.

Known for their blistering speeds around the paved quarter mile, Roselli was amazing to watch as he slipped in and out of traffic at an incredible rate of speed and accuracy.

Averaging nearly 98-mph, Roselli scored the popular win in just 3:11.831as the race went caution free.

“The car was really hooked up. I want to thank Dimension Design, my brother, my dad, every week these guys all work hard to give me an awesome car and tonight we finally pulled one off,” said the 20-year old Roselli.

The race was held in honor of 8-time ARDC Midget champions and many time TQ winner Len Duncan. On hand was his restored #43 TQ formerly owned by Audie Boyd. Jim Hemphill did the meticulous restoration and drove the car at the start of the feature as the pacer.

“Any win means something and this one means a little bit more,” said Roselli whose family has a long history in Midget and TQ racing.

“It means a lot to win so close to home too. I always thought this place was my favorite track and now I know it is.”

Last month’s Mahoning winner Ryan Tidman, who has become a fan favorite, marched from eighth to second but never was able to make a serious challenge to the winner.

“Starting back in eighth and we tried to reel him (Roselli) in but the car picked up a real bad push and we salvaged second. I’d like to win, especially here, but second is good too,” said Tidman.

Defending TQ champion Ian Cumens, point leader Robin Johnston and Matt Janisch rounded out the top five.

Heat wins went to Roselli and Tidman.

Gary Mondschein’s Dimension Design sponsored a non-winners feature with top ATQMRA rookie Buddy Sload of Glenmoore notching the win which came after a race long duel with Jeff Kot.

TQ Midget Feature Finish, 20 Laps: 1. Matt Roselli, 2. Ryan Tidman, 3. Ian Cumens, 4. Robin Johnston, 5. Matt Janisch, 6. Allison Cumens, 7. Buddy Sload, 8. Frank Fischer, 9. Zack Martini, 10. Chad Jones, 11. Austin Fehr, 12. Mike Casarie, 13. Lew Ingalls, 14. Mike Tidaback

TQ Midget Non Winners Feature Finish, 15 Laps: 1. Buddy Slaod, 2. Jeff Kot, 3. Allison Cumens, 4. Chad Jones, 5. Zack Martini, 6. Mike Casarie, 7. Lew Ingalls