Racerhub.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Canaan

Glad I went to the Waterford Speedbowl and got to bed early!!!

Ok point out one bonzi move sat night....lol. point is if you don't treat everyone the same what have you got? A series that has favorites..... wow did I mention WWE. Mike are you afraid Hinkley and McKennedy cant run with him......id bet they can! Give them a chance to. I'm thinking you would be suprised. Mike do you post as goodfella somewhere....lol. I've been around a lot of these guys for yrs at Twinstate. Trust me they ALL bend the rules......soft tires trick trans...ect

The hour of "bull****" as some one called it was for a good cause. Everyone put a lot of effort into raising money for David's House and they were celebrating this with all the awesome prizes that were donated. It is a lot of work to raise this kind of money and to hear people ***** about it sickens me. The race was decent in my opinion. Bud I think they are accepting applicants for tech seeing you know it all.

Ricky Miller would be thrilled with the event and his memory LIVES ON within us. This race means so much to so many people I just can not believe it is getting **** on.

Lest we forget the unfortunate until it is us in their shoes.....
    "I'm a good winner, but a poor loser" Richie Evans

www.rememberwhenphotosonline.com

After driving over from Loudon...I thought that was an awesome race compared to the other one. The interductions were lengthy and stuff but it was all for a good cause and was the main and big event for the VMRS, not every night $12,000 is paid out. The redraw for the top 9 was awesome, All of those kids there were having a blast, wish some of the drivers would have appriciated picking from them, I think the only one i saw was Eric Goodale actually give the kid a big hug after picking number, not just going over and flipping the number up and walking away like Ken Berry. Also when was the last time you got to see drivers throw frisbee's into the crowd?? I thought the pit party and the interactions with the crowd were great. Also does anyone want to talk about the track?? That placed was lightning fast, it really surprised me, being the first time i ever went to canaan. The Goodale/Hinkley incident did baffle me, the caution was already out and hinkley just ran over goodale under caution and goodale gets put to the back, made no sense. After blowing up at loudon, Stefanik had a steller run in the 66 car, along with Kirk, He was the only one passing on the outside it seemed. I thought it was great that Louie won as well, Last time he won on the VMRS was in 2007. Kinda fitting too, the entire theme color for the race was purple, and it just so happened to be that a Purple car wins the race!! I would definitely go back there for a modified race in a heartbeat!! Great cause, great race, and did anyone hear that the Miller Family had raised over $30,000 for the David's House of Lebonon, NH. After last year of raising around $12,000. Just in one year they have over doubled their first years earnings. I am glad to say that it's an amazing thing when you get the modified fans together for a great cause and have a great race to go with it!

Shoes, great post. Glad some appreciate what that night meant to the Miller's and their great cause. Happy for Louie too.
    the ROC rules!! / Pacin ain't Racin
    " honey!! I can't sleep, turn on the CUP race will ya?"

Quote Originally Posted by phillie View Post
    The hour of "bull****" as some one called it was for a good cause. Everyone put a lot of effort into raising money for David's House and they were celebrating this with all the awesome prizes that were donated. It is a lot of work to raise this kind of money and to hear people ***** about it sickens me. The race was decent in my opinion. Bud I think they are accepting applicants for tech seeing you know it all.

Ricky Miller would be thrilled with the event and his memory LIVES ON within us. This race means so much to so many people I just can not believe it is getting **** on.

Lest we forget the unfortunate until it is us in their shoes.....
    It was a long night. I still have the sunburn on my neck to remind me Thanks to the Miller family and everyone else that made this race possible. Bud, Ted used his tires up early and sunk like a stone. BTW Bud what happened to the guy that spun Ted under caution in the qualifying race? Yeah, they only punish Teddy. And why would someone spin another car under caution in a heat race?

$37,612 dollars was raised for David's House. Thanks to all that were involved in one way or another!!
    "I'm a good winner, but a poor loser" Richie Evans

www.rememberwhenphotosonline.com

Probably put to the rear cause I was down by the flagman holloring are u kidding me you are going to let that go????? Someone one the headset said something at that point and the 3 was put to the back. BTW the 3 car was already half way around. from the looks of it they better be a little more fair with the officiating. Lately don't look like they can afford to loose cars or fans!

Quote Originally Posted by bud View Post
    Probably put to the rear cause I was down by the flagman holloring are u kidding me you are going to let that go????? Someone one the headset said something at that point and the 3 was put to the back. BTW the 3 car was already half way around. from the looks of it they better be a little more fair with the officiating. Lately don't look like they can afford to loose cars or fans!
    I believe the 3 was sent home for the night. That's a tiny bit harsher than put to the rear. The contact rule can cut both ways Ted isn't the first person to get put to the rear. My team has had it bite us and had it work the way it was intended. On to Waterford, with all 8 plug wires on this time, hopefully.

Thread Information