Racerhub.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Thompson

Thompson

A question about the Thompson race. I know in the past a southern tour license was quite a bit cheaper than the northen one. If that is still the case does anyone think some drivers that have run the tour in the past may try to run the south race. Drivers that come to mind are Rob Summers any of the Pasteryaks Jimmy Kuhn.

Do any of them have cars that qualify and/or Southern tour licenses?

Just cancel the idea and make a North South Combo 300 lap race! My fear is that there will be hardly any cars travelling up from the south.

Being a native New Englander and living down in the "South" now. I've been to several of the Southern shows at Caraway, Friendship (when it was asphalt), Concord, Martinsville, Langley. From what I've heard at those tracks, (in the pits and the stands). It's too far and costs too much. I'm going to throw a high number guess of eight cars making the trip to Thompson. I don't agree with the logic of their reasoning because the fact that the Northern guys have to haul to Canada, Bristol and everywhere else trumps that. Let the "money spent argument" begin. JMHO

I agree. The WMT tour has had short fields all year. The VMRS has drawn less than 20 cars for 2 of the last 3 races. Now we expect a North Carolina series to bring a full field at the end of the season. No way. I'm not much interested in watching a bunch of northern guys run under the label of a southern tour either. You add the fact that its the 10th anniversary of 9-11 and the opening day of the NFL season and you have to wonder how the crowd will be. I guess it helps that the Patriots aren't playing that day.

Right now its probably looking like Burt and Jason Myers, LW Miller, John Smith, George Brunnhoelzl III, and Andy Suess. Are the Hills still racing on the WSMT? They weren't at Caraway in July so I imagine they would run the WMT 125. Outside of those guys, your guess is as good mine.

You would think the people who plan these things might check with the drivers to see if this is a doable objective. Right now, it looks like a big flop. Sure I'd love to see it work, but if it sound like the idea isn't a good one, then maybe, just maybe , you want to change your idea so it is a success. I give Thompson credit for coming up with an original idea... but....

I agree Jim, ever since this was announced i give crdit for the try but if u get 8 cars it will be a surprise, now 125 laps with 8 cars and then a shootout with north for BIGGGGGGGGGG MONEY? not at Thompson!!!!!

i liked the mod mania idea just roc guys didnt support the race at all

again HOENIG is being stuborn about the pole, outside pole qualifiers and time trialing to have a 300

would a 300 paying GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD MONEY AND LAP MONEY with some PROMOTION WORK BETTER than this idea?????????

Still hard to believe that cars from the North go South to race, but cars from the South can't figure out how to drive North!!!!!!

big flop

what are they thinking ,this will not work. they do not travel in there own state.

Right now , the only cars I see as a definite for the Thompson race would be

1 , 4, 09, 11, 36

maybe :

7, 8,12, 23, 31, 40

No

If I failed to mention any other cars here, can someone fill in the blanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo44 View Post
    Right now , the only cars I see as a definite for the Thompson race would be

1 , 4, 09, 11, 36

maybe :

7, 8,12, 23, 31, 40

No

If I failed to mention any other cars here, can someone fill in the blanks
    As I stated earlier the 25 of John Smith, which you left out, I believe will make the trip as he is in the top 5 in points. The 7 of Thomas Stinson, I forgot about. He did say earlier in the year that he wanted to run for points so I guess he would make the trip as well. Frank has traveled far in the past so it wouldnt surprise if he went as well.

I also forgot to mention the 02, 2, 77 and 80. The 77 would probaly be a no show and the 2,02,80 would be maybe
    Last edited by Sluggo44; 07-31-2011 at 05:26 PM.

flop

flop flop flop

the southern drivers should all agree to not go. Just doesn't make sense. If no one goes, it won't matter to the points.

Thread Information