Racerhub.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: beech ridge?

beech ridge?

Anyone going. Still racing tonight?

Heard Holdrige won and they had 20 cars. Wish I could have made it up but stayed closer to
    home in Riverhead.

Car counts are falling fast. They can't draw a full field north of Connecticut. I'm sure the economy is part of it. I also wonder if Star and Monadnock have had an effect with both tracks running mods now.

Quote Originally Posted by BigMac View Post
    Car counts are falling fast. They can't draw a full field north of Connecticut. I'm sure the economy is part of it. I also wonder if Star and Monadnock have had an effect with both tracks running mods now.

Bingo!!! Teams are spead thin and so are the fans. 2012 is going to be a make or break year for all the tours and local tracks. Somehow we need someone to step up and take charge with standard rules, tires, proceedures or the shrinking car counts will continue.

Star Speedway has been averaging 10-14 Mods every Saturday night. They lose some regulars to the VMRS races everyonce in a while, but that may be changing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mod Squad View Post
    Star Speedway has been averaging 10-14 Mods every Saturday night. They lose some regulars to the VMRS races everyonce in a while, but that may be changing.

I do think if a weekly track, Thompson, Star, Lee, Monadnock would put some decent money up and run weekly they could draw a nice field of cars everyweek and the fans would follow

I often think that if Monadnock and Star could ever think of a way to come together and work together, they could create the ultimate two track series. Not sure if going to Fridays again would be a good thing for Monadnock. But I know, I'd become a semi regular for races on Fridays again, just like the old times.

Perhaps Star and Monadnock can run the mods on alternating saturday nights, have separate point funds and a bonus if one driver wins both track titles. This way a driver could race weekly at two different tracks or concentrate on one track. I know Monadnock runs every other week, not sure about star's mods.

Or maybe a 4 race mini series 2 at each track where you bring the two groups together for special extra distance shows. Give them pts to your home track. I dont know if the rules/tire compounds are similar at both tracks to make it happen.

There is no doubt weekly mods are hurting the MRS car counts. Several of the drivers running at monadnock and star are or have been MRS drivers. I agree 2012 is going to be an interesting year for local racing, in all divisions.

Quote Originally Posted by csg View Post
    Perhaps Star and Monadnock can run the mods on alternating saturday nights, have separate point funds and a bonus if one driver wins both track titles. This way a driver could race weekly at two different tracks or concentrate on one track. I know Monadnock runs every other week, not sure about star's mods.

Or maybe a 4 race mini series 2 at each track where you bring the two groups together for special extra distance shows. Give them pts to your home track. I dont know if the rules/tire compounds are similar at both tracks to make it happen.

There is no doubt weekly mods are hurting the MRS car counts. Several of the drivers running at monadnock and star are or have been MRS drivers. I agree 2012 is going to be an interesting year for local racing, in all divisions.
    Star Speedway does run the Mods weekly, with the exception of one week in July that they had off. As for the tires; Star runs the hard as a hockey puck American Racer tires, Monadnock currently runs Hoosiers. Set-ups with both tires can be pretty different depending on track conditions. AR Tires are cheaper and last longer, enduring heat cycles better but they can be difficult to work with for the less experienced teams. Hoosiers cost more, have better grip and aren't as good with the heat cycles. The "race mini series" could be a good idea but the track ownership would have to work with each other and the tire issue would have to be sorted out. Cost is a big factor to a lot of the guys running at Star. JMHO

heard from a good source that the tire will most likely change for next year.
    "I'm a good winner, but a poor loser" Richie Evans

www.rememberwhenphotosonline.com

CSG - really?, come on.. that kind of thinking just makes too much sense.. tracks working together? is this possible? this is no different for the SK dilemma - 3 CT tracks, you think they could work together.. It is time for all series and local tracks to put their thinking caps on and get creative to reduce costs and make it easy for teams to race at multiple tracks and or series..

.. anyway - enough of my yacking, we've all had this kind of discussion for years and years..

Congrats to Mike Holdridge - now there's a feel good win..

Thread Information