Racerhub.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: thompson 160,000 posted money

Exclamation

$160,000 purse???? If that isn't incentive enough to show , I don't know what is. Is there a breakdown of what the payouts would be? I didn't see one posted on the link

not

staffords 125 lap race paid 5000.00 to win had a 70,000 dollar purse

Jim -
    I'm not sure where it says 160k, but I imagine this is total money spread accross 9 races, no?

As far as the N/S format; aside from lifting the great idea from the real N/S promoters - this event might as well be up in Maine or Canada - you'll get 10 South cars if we're lucky.. real lucky..

Now don't get me wrong - this is a step in the right direction in terms of creative promotion, larger purse; and I love racing at Thompson in Sept - I just think this will be a real tough draw for the southern teams..

Goldy, I believe that is spread across the 3 Tour races

I just booked my room...

Burt - thanks..

So if for the 3 "tour" races in this one show, that probally evens out to normal type purses with something like 50k for this 3rd combo race?? hard to tell since race purses and payouts are kinda hard to dig up for past events. I don't view this event as anything extra fantastic on the payout unless someone can show me otherwise..

maybe 5000.00 to win

600.00 to take green maybe

The 125 lap WMT race @ Stafford in May had a posted purse of $74,742 with a cash payout of $52,155 including bonus money. #6 Silk won $6,950 for the win. If the posted purse is only $160,000 before NASCAR takes it's cut, then the cash payout is nothing special. If the cash purse is $160,000 (doubtful) for the 3 races then the posted purse would have to be $200,000 and that would make this a very special event. [U] Over $50,000 in cash per event.[/U]

Will the WSMT Teams receive the same bonus money as the WMT North Teams ?

Thompson had a posted purse of $160,000 for the 300 the last time they ran it.

To make this a success Thompson and NASCAR has to let the North Teams run a second car in the Southern part of the event, but do not let the Northern Teams move on to the special 50 lap event from the Southern part of the event and let outsiders run the Southern part of the event with a one day NASCAR License.

Stafford is running the MRS on Friday on the same weekend.

I thought i read that the first two races were point races and that the big money was going to go to the combo race.

Quote Originally Posted by limodmaniac View Post
    I thought i read that the first two races were point races and that the big money was going to go to the combo race.
    according to news release over $50.000 in shootout

http://www.thompsonspeedway.com/rele...20SCHEDULE.htm

I honestly don't believe the purse will effect the car counts as it stands now. You either have a nascar license or you don't. I don't see teams running out and buying a nascar license for one race. I'll actually be impressed if the northern guys put a full field on the track. What they should do is make the southern portion an open competition race. Then the Dash for Cash would really be a who's who of drivers. Anybody with a modified would take a shot at the $50k if that is what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by limodmaniac View Post
    And I thought that is with the announcer said at Thompson International Speedway's show last night!

The 2-125's are points races and the 50 is not.
    Jason Thompson

Twitter- @Spotter_Jason

https://www.facebook.com/JasonThompson2004

so it will cost me and my son a 100 bucks to walk in the front gate? i was gonna mark that date on my calendor but not anymore...i love the mods... but thats pretty steep for family fun.

Thread Information