Racerhub.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on Bristol

Thoughts on Bristol

Just want to know everyone's thoughts on the Bristol race.....

My thoughts are....I'm saving my $45 and not going to NHMS if the 7 or 77 is on the entry list....just stupid....Especially since this race is on TV...(Save $45 in ticket and $80 in Gas) Lets see if Nascar finds something illegal this time or if they sweep it under the rug...LOL..JK...that car was just stupid fast at Bristol tonight!

Great to see Flemke made it there and how about the new TV Star Wade Cole!!! That was pretty cool for him!

Lets all join together and sing it now......"Oh Canada, My Home and Native Land"!!! LOL....

See you guys at Thompson September 10th and 11th!
    Last edited by Magicshoes12; 08-25-2011 at 07:17 AM.

Well im going to NHMS regardless the #7 or #77 is there. But I agree NASCAR is gotta keep looking at this car, You can't say there not cheating or cheating. They only run the car a handful of times and then Ryan Newman gets out of the car and dedicates his win to a Suspended owner/crew chief, that's a slap in the face to NASCAR and the whole Tour in my eyes.

I also think there was way to many yellows. The Tour is on TV 2 times this year and how is it gonna draw new fans and we under yellow 85% of the time. My son started to watch the race but after the 3rd yellow he was turned off... I cannot blame him

Sorry for rambling on.

PS I also think that NASCAR deserves an F for having a race in Canada. I'm gonna say 18 cars show up!!

See you at Thompson
    Last edited by RacnJason00; 08-24-2011 at 07:58 PM.
    Jason Thompson

Twitter- @Spotter_Jason

https://www.facebook.com/JasonThompson2004

I just got to ask why they would DQ them at NH but "sweep it under the rug" at Bristol. Ryan won yes but didn't totally dominate. Szeggy dodged

a ton of trouble and looked a bit used up at the end. 51 is an up and commer and I thought Beers run was fantastic but after their bad stop he

didn't seem as good. 2 thumbs up for young Pat Emerling in the 07. I get to watch him often on our tour and he did a great job to get a top five

especially after an early spin. The 7/77 is top gun. Don't you want to be there when they get beat?
    the ROC rules!! / Pacin ain't Racin
    " honey!! I can't sleep, turn on the CUP race will ya?"

Beers was hooked up.. Santos running the Ritchie Evans tribute car, its gonna be exciting. When Ryan Newman shows up next month and someone beats him I don't wanna miss it!!
    Jason Thompson

Twitter- @Spotter_Jason

Crash Fest and 16 car DNF

About half the races have been that way

Wonder if ed watched the race w brad.....lol

Another boring race in a very boring season. I include the MRS season in that statement as well. Can't say I didn't expect it tonight. The first couple of Bristol races were fantastic. They were due for a letdown. Its a shame the guys in the back can't keep their wheels straight. The guys up front are more than capable of putting on a show. Bristol is a great modified track. I'd love to see them back there in March. Its worth noting that TC has not contended in any of Newmans last three wins. Obviously he wasn't there tonight. I hope they get there stuff together before NHMS next month. At least make a show out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by RacnJason00 View Post
    They only run the car a handful of times and then Ryan Newman gets out of the car and dedicates his win to a Suspended owner/crew chief, that's a slap in the face to NASCAR and the whole Tour in my eyes.
    I agree with you on this. I always respected Ryan as a hard nosed racer, now I think of him as a..........well........... probably better not type what I'm thinking. I hope the whole team is real proud of themselves.

We're glad some of you that couldn't make the trip were able to watch tonight. I'll be interested to see what people thought that were at the race. Personally, I enjoyed it watching from the press box. There seemed to be a lot of passing through the field. Emerling was quite impressive. Four lead changes doesn't sound like a lot, but there were some good battles for the lead and in the top six.

Fifty-one caution laps out of 150 is just over the season average, percentage-wise. We were at 28% entering this race. A 5% increase over the average is probably reasonable considering where we were racing.

In the media center following the race, Newman said he will definitely be at New Hampshire. Regardless of what everyone's opinions are, and you're all certainly entitled to your opinion considering the circumstances, Newman does genuienly enjoy the competition of the Modifieds.

Jason C.

Quote Originally Posted by NWMT PR View Post
    We're glad some of you that couldn't make the trip were able to watch tonight. I'll be interested to see what people thought that were at the race. Personally, I enjoyed it watching from the press box. There seemed to be a lot of passing through the field. Emerling was quite impressive. Four lead changes doesn't sound like a lot, but there were some good battles for the lead and in the top six.

Fifty-one caution laps out of 150 is just over the season average, percentage-wise. We were at 28% entering this race. A 5% increase over the average is probably reasonable considering where we were racing.

In the media center following the race, Newman said he will definitely be at New Hampshire. Regardless of what everyone's opinions are, and you're all certainly entitled to your opinion considering the circumstances, Newman does genuienly enjoy the competition of the Modifieds.

Jason C.

How can someone from NASCAR come on here and kiss Ryan Newman's ass anymore than there doing. When there is combo races with the Cup Series like Bristol and New Hampshire the media drool and I'm not slamming regular media who covers this series. Hyping up Ryan Newman and Andy Petree and its truly pathetic. The NASCAR Whelen Modified Series can go on with out Ryan Newman and now it looks like it can go on with TC, so let's talk about the guys who are dedicated to the Series.
    Last edited by RacnJason00; 08-24-2011 at 10:58 PM.
    Jason Thompson

Twitter- @Spotter_Jason

In the media center following the race, Newman said he will definitely be at New Hampshire. Regardless of what everyone's opinions are, and you're all certainly entitled to your opinion considering the circumstances, Newman does genuienly enjoy the competition of the Modifieds.Jason C.
    Ya think!....He comes with "Cup resourses" to race against "Modified resources".

Jason...Jason...Jason...your post reminds of listening to inmates during my days as a CO.

Once again I'm with RacnJason00.

Its all fine and dandy Newman loves racing Modifieds. But I say NASCAR needs to haul that racecar back to Charlotte and tear it completely down front to back, every nut and bolt. The guy runs 4 or 5 times a year and no one can ever touch them when there on the track, I have been around this way too long to know something is not going on...

It was also funny that Mike Joy and Dick kept saying tonight they got dq'd at NHMS and they took full responsibility for the infraction and that it was an error on ECR part (The Engine Builder) well guess what? HORSE ****!!! Bono new..
    Jason Thompson

Twitter- @Spotter_Jason

Don't sell #51 short for next NH

People watchin with blinders on !!! Not a woulda, coulda person, but wish that last NH was 100 laps instead of 95 cause there might have been a second year Mod Tour driver in victory lane & gettin the RF clobbered didn't help the front end to turn like it needed to go after Ryan Newman 2nite. Don't miss the next NH cause #51 is up to the challenge from anybody including 7/77 !!

Jason C.
    Well, I saw the race on tv and thought the television coverage was excellent. It's good that Speed has three guys who love the modifieds doing the show. As for the race itself, you were there, so your perspective is entirely different than mine is as a television viewer, but I did not like the race. There were far too many cautions. That happens sometimes. I will never understand the value of the free pass, but I bet the 07 team is glad that it exists. As far as the 77 team goes, they won, oh well. I'm sure that they were legal this time, but I find no excitement in that bunch winning. I can say that, but I'll also admit that it will be very good when they are beaten by a regular Tour team, hopefully at NHIS.

JW

Thread Information