Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: champ demo derby

killa54

champ demo derby

Its getting close, who's coming, from what I've heard it should be at least 25 cars..

I'm coming to watch, you guys always but on a great show, and 25 cars?? That would be sick, I wonder how many out of state guys will show up???

Quote Originally Posted by killa54 View Post
    Its getting close, who's coming, from what I've heard it should be at least 25 cars..
    That would be awesome 25 cars.

Great Memories of 4 25 Car Heats on World Championship day at Islip.
    I Love The Modifieds!!!!!

We had 21 for last years champ demo, 25 wouldn't surprise me. Definite reminder of years back. Hopefully we can get back to needing heats for the championship again, I miss those days.

killa54
    Quote Originally Posted by Teds Race Tours View Post
    Great Memories of 4 25 Car Heats on World Championship day at Islip.
    i have the '83 world champ demo from islip plus a heat derby on my youtube channel... K1LLA54 is the channel

killa54
    Quote Originally Posted by deathwishracin1 View Post
    We had 21 for last years champ demo, 25 wouldn't surprise me. Definite reminder of years back. Hopefully we can get back to needing heats for the championship again, I miss those days.
    i think they should give a pass on the entry fee for the champ derby if u win a regular season race, maybe it would encourage people 2 race all year.. from what ive counted we should have 23 definites & up to 7 maybes although people back out last minute all the time. we'll see on saturday..

Quote Originally Posted by killa54 View Post
    i think they should give a pass on the entry fee for the champ derby if u win a regular season race, maybe it would encourage people 2 race all year.. from what ive counted we should have 23 definites & up to 7 maybes although people back out last minute all the time. we'll see on saturday..

The entry into the championship used to be the incentive to race all season. Winners from that season were automatically entered as was the previous years champ. IIRC if you finished second to someone already qualified for the championship, you then have your entry. And there would still be 3 or 4 heats for more people to qualify. Made for some amazing action.

And don't count out the random people that decide they want to try a demo and show up. There have been a few the past few seasons. I still can't believe the Taurus they let run in the championship demo in 08. Good thing nobody took aim at him since Imperials were still allowed that year.

killa54
    i'll get it started, i know we got 5..

so how many cars

killa54

every1's being mysterious..

Quote Originally Posted by fisherman View Post
    so how many cars
    Seems like every1 wants 2 keep people guessing..lol.. with the people I know that are definites, we got 24.. but I think it will be around 30..

My count says 17. You must know something I don't.

killa54

no shows

Just like I thought, a bunch of no shows but we got 15 so far.. it should be a good 1, there's a lot of good drivers here..

who won .how many cars

Thread Information