Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wall dates ?

Wall dates ?

Joe I know you originally posted the NEETS race at WALL would be on the 23rd of oct. Walls main page says oct 30th, which is it?

Thumbs up NEETS at Wall

Hey Ray , Joe still hasnt fixed the NEETS SITE , the race at Wall is the 30th Of October and the sunday at turkey derby too!!!!!! Glad to see Your thinking of coming???
    MR. RICK
    You Need

Here we go again???

Boy I would love to see 30+ cars racing both divisions on asphalt at Wall Speedway like it has been at Grandview. But it can't happen when it's approx 3 weeks from race day and still no info page is up yet - AGAIN! The info pages for dirt are up immediately, and racing at Grandview is routine for the regulars. We need info and hype early enough to get drivers interested early and the car counts there - not just a last minute thing thrown together. Without an info page early enough, no one takes the race seriously, which means no one plans for it. This just keeps happening over and over. Now there is confusion with the date too? Please can we make this work like the racing at Grandview? What a shame - a great opportunity to have an awesome series at excellent track just slippy away, again and again. Sorry Joe, don't mean to bash you, I know it is not easy dealing with the owners of the track and to get answers from everyone you need to in a timely manner. But at least put up the info that you are sure of (or at least pretty sure of) with a disclaimer that it might change a little bit. But no info means no interest from the drivers (or the fans for that matter). Which leads to a lame car count and very little fans. Let's make this one count and have a large car count this time - I can only imagine how good it can be since racing there with the current car counts have been great, doubling the car counts would triple the fun(wait, is that mathmatically possible?).

Mike, it's a just over a month away, not 3 weeks, and nothing was posted yet because we weren't sure of the info because we were originally supposed to race the week prior but there was schedule conflicts because of the Sunday Series, we needed a definite date from the track and only just recently got it. We don't want to put up an info page and it be completely wrong!

It will be up shortly, we recently got the new date and had a race and results to get through first...
    Erin Cutri
    NEETS Official: Co Promoter
    Email: bartleye2@hotmail.com
    Cell: 570-878-0769

Cool Hooked On Asphalt......................

Hey Mike! I think you have blacktop fever...........................
    Your right, with the season being pretty much over at most tracks, this enduro could bring them outa the woodwork..................
    UNCLE PETEY..............................

I agree! we can potentially have great counts for these two races at Wall...for those who have the racing itch during the off season!
    Erin Cutri

Dates-straight!

I got the page uploaded and completed....finally. Dates are finalized and we have what we need in place to make this show a BIG ONE!!! Now...let's start seeing those registrations!!!

erinc@neetsracing.com
    ________Joe the Photo Guy
    {_NEETS_}_____________www.neetsracing.com
    Co-Promoter____________Email: joe@neetsracing.com
    Webmaster_____________Cell#: 267-767-4923
    Photographer ___________Nextel: 168*153450*1

Question Show time.......................

Where exactly is the updated page on the wall NEETS races?......................
    Still says Oct. 23rd on front page of NEETS forum............................
    UNCLE PETEY............................

Get the word out!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Erin C View Post
    I agree! we can potentially have great counts for these two races at Wall...for those who have the racing itch during the off season!
    I think the key to getting a great car count is to really get the word out. Wall had their own enduro recently but hardly anyone knew about it, and the car counts suffered accordingly. One posting on the Wall Board ain't going to get interest, not many outside racers go there regularly to read posts.....

My suggestion to get the cars there is to BLANKET ALL message boards throughout the tri-state area NOW to let all racers know the event is coming so they can plan ahead. Also, since some of the local racing is dying down for the season, these reminder posts need to be made repeatedly every couple of days for the guys who only pop in occassionally to read messages. Otherwise, the event notice gets pushed down the page when new messages are posted.

I would make sure you notify all message boards at Riverhead, Mountain, SJDR, mahoning, all other dirt tracks, etc.... even the message boards specifically for the modifieds, sportsman, sprints, late models, etc. because you never know if those guys might have a car "laying around" or quickly want to build a car for the events, since it's the off season. But they need a decent amount of time/notice to know the event is coming..... and REPEATED postings that the event is coming!!!

I would also regularly post all month on all microstock, karting, slingers, speedstr's, 1/4 midgets, legends, drags and every other racing forum in the tri-state area, as you never know again who might be interested or be a future racer.

I think we all get comfortable on our own message board and forget how to spread the word to other areas of the racing community and ASSUME (remember what happens when you assume) that everyone will know about the events...

Also, if anyone is wandering the pits at the last few races at other tracks, maybe they can spread the word with flyers of the NEETS events to all drivers and crews of other car classes...

Everyone needs to spread the word! I wish I could be in a lot of places at once but our group of racers are not in one confined area so we rely on our guys to spread the word along in their travels to other tracks! =]
    Erin Cutri

Uncle Petey...where do you see Oct 23rd? I am trying to track it down to get it fixed but I don't see it....
    Last edited by Erin C; 09-30-2011 at 07:55 AM.
    Erin Cutri

Elated Ahhhh! A New Day...............

It read Oct 23rd last night, it reads Oct. 30th now.................THANK YOU, ERIN......................
    UNCLE PETEY........................

Quote Originally Posted by richardpetey View Post
    It read Oct 23rd last night, it reads Oct. 30th now.................THANK YOU, ERIN......................
    UNCLE PETEY........................
    I would get that sometimes when I went on the the main NEETS page, for some reason,the old page of information would still show after Joe did updates and if I hit "refresh" on my browser, I would get the new updated page. I use Firefox, so I don't know if it is something on how the information is displayed on the NEETS page or something in Firefox. It doesn't happen on other web sites or message boards, I always get the newest information everywhere else. I just have to remember to hit "refresh" on the NEETS site to make sure I am seeing the current updated page/info info....

Petey, what browser are you using????

Smile

Probably his Eye-Browsers Sorry....now back to our regular scheduled program
    Ms. NEETS/Registrations
    Enduro Racing Ain't for Sissies

when i try to click the picture for the "the Gobbler" for details it doesn't open up is there anyway to get to that link?

Thread Information