With another race season coming to an end, I was just thinking about how far Live Updates have come.

Way back when (I’m not sure of the years, please excuse me for not putting them), I’m thinking starting in1970’s Paul Tremaine, The Checkered Flag Announcer, had a phone line system. Friends would call him with results from races all over. Paul had remote phones at friend’s houses all over the state that he would remotely put the results on the answering machines and people could get the results the same night of the race by a simple phone call. For most people, it was a local phone call. Not quite the live updates we have today, but kind of got us used to getting results quickly. Then technology gave us the internet. Here is Paul at work.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Paul Tremaine.jpg 
Views:	256 
Size:	78.3 KB 
ID:	2594

Lou Cady started the Mod Series Scene forum. In the beginning friends would call Lou and results were on line, almost as soon as the race was over. Taking that a step further (the early 2000’s?), Walt Newcomb would call from the track, on his cell phone with live updates and the updates would be in the MSS forum as they happened. Lou, Vicki Papp or Linda Case would do the updates. In this photo Walt is on the back stretch at Thompson, on the phone with Vicki in Florida where she was doing the forum updates.

Name:	Walter.jpg 
Views:	255 
Size:	87.6 KB 
ID:	2595

Now, Richie and The Chrome Horn have taken the up dates to the next step, the Live Updates as we know them today. Thanks to Jim and Denise DuPont the information on the activity at the track is on your computer almost the minute happens. Almost as if you are there. Here is Denise in the media room at Lime Rock Park.

Name:	Denise.jpg 
Views:	282 
Size:	60.4 KB 
ID:	2596

Thanks to everyone who has helped over the years, I know there are lots of others I haven’t mentioned. A great job done by you all! Remember if you can’t make it to the track for a modified tour race, go to thechromehorn.com for the live updates.