Thread: Holy After Mutha

Holy After Mutha

Just want to say #1 Great Job Jason Brown on your win and 2nd in points, very good. You deserve it. #2 Congrats to Jimmy Johnson, I mean Timmy Pauch on his third point championship. I would like to say, great racing and had alot of fun to everyone, see ya'll next year. Thank you to the neets family, did a fine job this year, (PULL THE DEAD CARS), just a hint for next year. Pull them, and they will come. Maybe see some of you at the party. Thanks,

P.S. I hate flat tires.

Awesome racing all day. We had plans for this afternoon and were going to leave right after the small cars but that race was great...we just had to stick around for the rest of the day.

Just one thing that kind of bothered me today that I saw a LOT of...cars going from the infield to the pits DURING the race (under green flag). Have you people lost your mind? One small problem while trying to dart up the hill like that could cause a huge mess, lots of mangled cars, not to mention getting t-boned by a pack of full throttle cars could cause severe injuries. Not really sure why it happened so many times today, but it really doesn't make any sense for drivers to be doing it.
    Nate
    #128 (small car)

Thanks Chuck! You did great out there, come down to the rules meeting and we'll discuss 2012!!

Nate, this is the same old question I ask people "What were you thinking?".....and they all say they didn't think they would be able to make it into the pits from the track because the steering was busted or their tire was too flat......excuses, excuses....next season I'm asking Kenny to move some tires in that path to prevent it altogether....driver's don't listen, so we need to take action.....

The typical.....a few ruin the fun of many.....
    ________Joe the Photo Guy
    {_NEETS_}_____________www.neetsracing.com
    Co-Promoter____________Email: joe@neetsracing.com
    Webmaster_____________Cell#: 267-767-4923
    Photographer ___________Nextel: 168*153450*1

Unhappy Exit-stentialism..........................

Don't blame the drivers because GV has one of the most screwed-up short track pit entrances, especially when the track is slimed.....................
    UNCLE PETEY.......................

exiting

I have to say I agree w/ Petey on this one "which I don't do much " Lol.. that pit entrance sucks !! I hit the damn wall yesterday when I had a flat rf tire.. it is really hard to make such a hard turn into the pits at any speed. thats why you have guys and gals going for the straight shot from the infield.. Seems crazy but it is easier to make the run up the hill than make such a hard right turn .. through all the loose cushion dirt that accumulates by the pit gate..
    Maddawg

Yes

I agree since i had three flat tires you cannot turn into the pits without spinning and hope you don't get rear ended, but what's the difference, get hit hoping to save your car or leave it to get smashed beyond fixing, Either way I love racing with you guys at neets and lets talk at the meeting.

Smile Who has the video for the muther ??

Race from the muther ??

I agree with it being hard to get into the pits, I have experienced that.

Doesn't change the fact that going from the infield to the pits during green flag racing should not be happening.
    Nate
    #128 (small car)

Nate is right....at times when the field spreads out and there are less cars remaining, the chance to make it across is a lot better, but who's going to wait for that time to come?

The call for whether a driver "SHOOTS THE GAP" or waits in the infield should be up to the officials. We understand the difficulty and sometimes necessity of not having to make that hard right, however if it is just not safe we will not allow it. .......I only say that the officials "SHOULD" because we are willing to give the drivers a "Go ahead" signal, but few are patient enough to wait for it....

Do the math....wait 3 laps or wreck your car out completely and make a new enemy or two for a dumb reason.....
    ________Joe the Photo Guy
    {_NEETS_}_____________www.neetsracing.com
    Co-Promoter____________Email: joe@neetsracing.com
    Webmaster_____________Cell#: 267-767-4923
    Photographer ___________Nextel: 168*153450*1

In fact, one of the cars that made this move waited for a "gap" but what the driver didn't know was there was actually a much faster car just behind the 2 cars he crossed the track in front of. My point? The driver probably saw a gap and the 2 cars coming side by side down the front stretch and then made his move. However the faster car could have passed both of these cars and reached turn one quicker than the crossing driver would have anticipated.
    This of course did not happen, but with enough cars making this move, it is only a matter of time.

I'm not trying to go against any drivers here. After racing with the series and now being in the stands as a spectator/fan, I have seen things from both sides, and that is where my opinions are coming from.
    Nate
    #128 (small car)

That pit entrance can be difficult but what seems to be missed that with the Modifieds they do not pit under green flag conditions. What it was designed to do, keep cars at speed out of the pits and no corners to hit at speed is very efficient. phil

Thread Information