Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: #3 Jake Daigneault flip

gary, you should only include half of the main highlights...for example, if their is a flip, you should show the beginning, than let them buy the dvd to see the result...lol. the suspense will kill!

You got to give them a teaser.
    Just pop up a GSP ad or do a freeze frame on the most exciting parts but keep the audio rolling.
    You'll sell more DVD's that way.
    It might even get me to buy some.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

Quote Originally Posted by Danger83Ranger View Post
    gary, you should only include half of the main highlights...for example, if their is a flip, you should show the beginning, than let them buy the dvd to see the result...lol. the suspense will kill!
    It's not even the freeloaders who bother me. It comes with what I do and it's great exposure for the series and the track. In the end I gain some sales from it and lose some sales from it.

But this is what will get to the best of us:
    Have a guy who will basically beg that I post a shot that (he wrongly thinks) vindicates him, he then shares that same clip with everybody he knows, but he doesn't actually purchase the disc, and then tries to lecture the next video guy that posting free highlights will get him his business. Oh and in the middle of all this, actually publicly bashes the quality of my product without even realizing that it wasn't my product.

That's mildly frustrating. But either way, I have no intention of changing what I do.
    Gary Silverman
    GSP Video

I knew the glassmanjtf was talking about the videos that I made.
    I welcome the criticism as it will help me to improve in the future.
    I have not got a complaint about any of the in-car videos that I give out to the drivers.
    If there are any comments good or bad, I would like to hear them.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy57 View Post
    Mike-
    I was sorry that I didn't hear you in the stands. I had to leave right after the race to take my mother in law home since she was watching my son in the parking lot while I was racing. I will call you next week to order. Thanks!
    No Problem Tracy, I'll await yor phone call.

Mike O'Brien
    MoTorsport Video Production
    (732) 735-2177

Maybe you out to read closer b4 you vent. If i'm the one you call freeloader why did I buy three of your videos and two from from neets spectator, and also photos at the track? Get over it ,just a little constructive critism.

Quote Originally Posted by glassmanjtf View Post
    Maybe you out to read closer b4 you vent. If i'm the one you call freeloader why did I buy three of your videos and two from from neets spectator, and also photos at the track? Get over it ,just a little constructive critism.
    I'm aware you've purchased in the past. But what I'm saying is that in the September enduro, you saw everything you needed in the highlight reel and therefore, didn't need to buy that DVD. Which is fine, I accept that as part of what I do.

The part that bothers me is that you told Mike that if he puts highlights up, it would encourage you to buy it. I found that to be somewhat contradictory given what had just happened. That's my point.

"Freeloaders" is a playful term I use for the thousands of my highlight viewers. It's not intended as insult or directed at a single person.
    Gary Silverman
    GSP Video

I believe I'm only going to interject to clear up things here....

First off, Gary pointed out there were THREE different people making videos of the NEETS races....Neetspectator, Big Mike and Gary.

In reality, ALL of them are doing the series a HUGE favor by doing what they do. Gary has been the official videographer of NEETS since the beginning....Mike has been filming races for many years and occasionally and graciously filled in when Gary was forced to pull double duty...Neetspectator has offered up expensive equipment for drivers to put in their cars to provide you and everyone a whole new perspective to the races...

If a bad product was delivered...so be it...contact the person who made the video and request a better copy. If a better quality video is not available from that person, then it is what it is...especially since each person provides a different product. Neetspectator has openly welcomed criticism, however try to criticize in an email or private message...posting it on the public forums kind of comes off like you just want everyone to know you crap from that person....let them know, tell them whats wrong and help them make it right for next time....work together! LOL!

Gary's race videos are known by MANY racers and fans. Gary wouldn't be the official videographer for Grandview Speedway's regular saturday night program if he wasn't really good at what he does....what he does for NEETS is very appreciated and we wish to have Gary be our videographer until NEETS sees the checkered flag....

With that said....can't we all just get along!!! LOL!!!
    ________Joe the Photo Guy
    {_NEETS_}_____________www.neetsracing.com
    Co-Promoter____________Email: joe@neetsracing.com
    Webmaster_____________Cell#: 267-767-4923
    Photographer ___________Nextel: 168*153450*1

I can, i like everyone in this neets family, thats why some of my friends may be joining too! Once again maybe i chose some of the wrong words but am glad you guys are out there making these video !!

Thread Information