Racerhub.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 Tenative schedule - Fill in the blanks

2012 Tenative schedule - Fill in the blanks

So far this is what may be on the schedule - Fill in the blanks/make corrections if needed
    ? - Unconfirmed dates

March -

April -
    14th South Boston

May/June -
    Spring Break? -Historically, no races have been scheduled

July -
    6th Caraway?

August
    3rd Bowman Gray Stadium?
    22nd Bristol Motor Speedway (WMT/WSMT combo race)

September -
    9th Thompson? (WMT/WSMT combo race)

October -

November -
    3rd Rockingham
    Last edited by Sluggo44; 11-22-2011 at 02:48 PM.

I've heard 5 Caraway dates and a new track the Tour has never been to before, which I speculate to be Gresham Motorsports Park

http://greshammotorsportspark.com/

they are taking votes for what divison the fans want to see in 2012.

Wow, don't they have a car on the K and N series? And still the people don't want that series !! Wow!

From The Norwich Bulletin:

September’s North/South shootout, which featured both the Whelen Northern and Southern Modified Tours, will return. Hoenig said he, NASCAR and Whelen will be working on the project over the offseason to possibly get television coverage.

“It would help us get some more leverage to go out and find some sponsorship. The sponsors get a little bit of exposure out of it,” Hoenig said.

The format this year was two 125-lap races for each Tour followed by a 50-lap shootout. The 125-lap races will remain the same, although Hoenig may see if he can tinker with the 50-lap showdown race format.

Quote Originally Posted by MOD11RACER View Post
    From The Norwich Bulletin:

September’s North/South shootout, which featured both the Whelen Northern and Southern Modified Tours, will return. Hoenig said he, NASCAR and Whelen will be working on the project over the offseason to possibly get television coverage.

“It would help us get some more leverage to go out and find some sponsorship. The sponsors get a little bit of exposure out of it,” Hoenig said.

The format this year was two 125-lap races for each Tour followed by a 50-lap shootout. The 125-lap races will remain the same, although Hoenig may see if he can tinker with the 50-lap showdown race format.
    Hey man

Dont change the 50 lap shootout, I thought it was perfect....Allow some sort of tire changing in the 125's though!!

I heard Houston Motorsports Park. A friend who races there said it was annouced by the track owner at a drivers meeting that the NWSMT would have a date in 2012.

Quote Originally Posted by Juice99 View Post
    I heard Houston Motorsports Park. A friend who races there said it was annouced by the track owner at a drivers meeting that the NWSMT would have a date in 2012.
    Wow, just googled the track thinking that might be just a track named after say Tommy Houston or something but no it really is in Houston Tx. I guess that would be the Southern tours Canada swing?

Last edited by limodmaniac; 10-30-2011 at 01:46 PM.

Jim, 10" tires....come on.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaws View Post
    Wow, just googled the track thinking that might be just a track named after say Tommy Houston or something but no it really is in Houston Tx. I guess that would be the Southern tours Canada swing?
    I'll believe there is a race in Texas when I see it.

As for your Canada reference.....From Thompson to Delaware Speedway is 10 hours and from the Stadium to Houston is 18 hours. Might as well make it 30 hours because that is a two day trip. There is no way our guys would travel two days to run for the chicken scratch 2000

Quote Originally Posted by burtmyers1 View Post
    I'll believe there is a race in Texas when I see it.

As for your Canada reference.....From Thompson to Delaware Speedway is 10 hours and from the Stadium to Houston is 18 hours. Might as well make it 30 hours because that is a two day trip. There is no way our guys would travel two days to run for the chicken scratch 2000
    I heard NASCAR was providing containers to fly the teams to Tx. just like F1!

Southern Mod tour is a joke !!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by EdR View Post
    Southern Mod tour is a joke !!!!!!!!!
    And your point is? If you have an idea to improve the Southern Tour. Lets hear it...just not in this thread

According to Area Auto Racing News

Reportedly Rockingham will host the season closer for the NASCAR Whelen Modified South and K&N East Series

Thread Information