Thread: All factory stocks from wall !!!!

Exclamation All factory stocks from wall !!!!

TO ALL FACTORY STOCKS THAT WANNA RACE THIS SUNDAYS FRANKENDURO !!! YOU GUYS WERE ALLOWED TO RUN AN EDLEBROCK 2101 ALUMINUM MANIFOLD AND A HOLLEY 500 THIS PAST SATURDAY AT WALL . YOU HAVE TO GO BACK AND PUT A STOCK MANIFOLD AND YOUR 350 HOLLEY BACK ON THE CAR , ORIGINAL FACTORY STOCK RULES APPLY. THANK YOU
    MR. RICK
    You Need

tubular control arms

Hey Rick, The front upper control arms are getting hard to find for the older big cars. Speedway motors sells tubular replacement's to fit the stock mounts. What are the chances in letting us use these?

Wink NEETS Rules.....................

We have people that are whining that our liberal NEETS enduro car rules have evolved our type of racing into street stock features..............
    I hate to say this, but the closer we keep our enduro cars to bonestock the better for the future of the series................
    Besides, Speedway Motors also sells used stock upper and lower control arms for metric and 73 to 77 mid-size GMs................
    Its true some stock parts are getting hard to find or the replacement parts(made in China) are junk but we still shouldn't allow performance parts.............................
    The hardest parts (for me)to find are stock bumpers, sheet metal and radiators(can use aftermarket aluminum)................
    UNCLE PETEY.....................................

di

Ya know Mr Petey, you could'nt have hit the nail more on the head with that statement, let me tell ya, at my sweet ole home track of Riverhead where running a grand enduro was "only" a step up from stock enduro's I built my car to the rules with the fear of getting DQ'D if god forbid I ended up in the top five and getting tech'ed and getting dq'd, well I did'nt have to worry about finishing in the top five, instead I had to worry about gettin lapped more then once by all the street stocks I was racing with!!!! And yes, good luck finding a stock bumper or radiator, I put an aluminum aftermarket in mine even the it's suppose to be stock, but good luck getting a stock rad for an 86 ss.

The rules have to be enforced without the "grey" area's to keep it affordable and fun for eveybody. Go look at Riverhead's photo page and check out some of these grand enduro's, if there's a guy or gal who wants to race and does'nt have a lot of skill's to build a car as compatible as what they see in this division, they'll never want to do it.

I can't afford to keep up with riverhead's grands, so I guess I'll either step down to a stock enduro or stop racing and be a spectator.

uppers !!

Well we have tossed the idea around but i`m not prepared to open this can of worms with aftermarket or performance parts!! Petey has a good point and the suspension parts are out there , just have to look a little harder . We wanna stay as bone stock as possible and keep this series affordable !! I think our rules are better now and will be very clear , we have tried to eliminate grey areas , but as we all know that`s almost impossible. but we will be to the letter this year no matter what !!! I promise !!! Come on down Weeezer , i think you will like the way we do things!! Rick
    MR. RICK
    You Need

Stock

alot of good points here, parts are getting harder to find !!!!!!! so what do you do, look harder !!!!! there should be NO aftermarket suspension parts on an enduro car period !! What I see happening here is the evolution of car choice, yes I know the camaro's, Monte's, malibu's ect are getting harder to find, and parts are getting scarce too.. these things are starting to become classics and people think they are worth a million dollars.. Now what ?? it is all coming down to car choice.. pick a car that has readily available parts, that you can go to auto parts store or scrap yard to get what you need.. and in another 10 years or so this will all happen again.. unfortunately it's just the way it is.

Thumbs up You hit the nail on the head!

I spent some time in the junk yard just window shopping to see what there is a lot of. Then I looked at what the successful drivers were running and made a choice. If you want to drive something unique, you have to pay the price of not having parts available but that doesn't mean that you can't repair what you have. It's just going to be more challenging.

Poppop

I fortunately have spare parts for my Pontiacs. But one reason I started racing 4 cylinder cars also is parts availability at low u-pull it $. Dollar for $ the small cars are cheaper to race. I think they are the future of enduro racing. Of coarse 6 cyl could phase out the V8s. I agree STOCK parts only. phil

Wow. Everybody calm down. It was a question. The answer is fine. Again, it was just a question.

Also, this may be considered a performance part, but it is the same exact dimensions as a stock part. We are not trying to replace stock manifolds with headers.

Nope, just checked Speedway's website and they DO NOT sell stock front control arms for a 1973 chevelle.

Wink We love ya #88...................

Just looked in my 2011 speedway catalog found your lower control arms (#910-34288 L or R) same as 70 to 81 camaro ($54).................
    73 to 77 chevelle spindles: Drivers (#916-73088) and Passengers (#916-73089) $60 each.......................
    Couldn't find the upper control arms listed , think I have a few laying around if ya need'em......................
    By the way, congrats on your gobbler win....................................
    UNCLE PETEY.............................

Thread Information