Racerhub.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 2012 schedule?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

2012 schedule?

From Area Auto Racing News, it mentions the possibility of no M R S race at Twin State or Canaan? It does, however, mention Star as a possibility. Does any one know if they are planning to still have Ricky's Race if Twin State and Canaan are gone?

Would M R S ever go to Devils Bowl in VT or go back to White Mountain?

Would Monadnock agree to more than two races?

And how do we get Dwight Jarvis back running the full tour???

Racer Mike Bruno reportedly has purchased Devils Bowl from the Richards. I'm assuming it's staying asphalt. They are leasing the Albany Saratoga Speedway to Howie Commander of Lebanon Valley fame. (the dirt is already going back on). I wish they would have a MRS at the Bowl, and another at Airborne.
    the ROC rules!! / Pacin ain't Racin
    " honey!! I can't sleep, turn on the CUP race will ya?"

Rickys race could move to monadnock.... not sure why Canaan wouldn't want them back with the crowd they had! Twinstate has some behind the scenes issues just my opinion...... star would be awesome. Extra races at mad dog two thumbs up. I think the thurs. Shows at Thompson are a turn off to Dwight. Again just my opinion. God I love the mods at lee!!

Rumor is Canaan is having economic issues with the weekly stuff and the hurricane certainly didnt help.

Mad-Dog has no set dates yet.

Like Bud said, TwinState has their own issues.

I think I also read in Area Auto that Devils Bowl was staying asphalt. Would that be a good track for the mods? I've never been there. Don't know much about it.

Jim I was at Devil's Bowl to see racing both on pavement and dirt and I suspect it would be ideal for the Modifieds, although a sharp turn one would present a challenge to drivers. It would be neat to see the Mod's there. A VMRS Rep. was there in 2009 to check the place out and gave it his approval. The problem is location. It's just minutes from the NY border. Would it be enough of a draw from fans to make it profitable for the track? Is it too far for the teams from southern New England to support it?

I hope they don't replace the Open Race with an MRS event. Star should stay with the Open Modified Race. It takes time to make it a big Annual event. If Star sticks to the Open concept it will become very succesfull. We don't need another 100 lap save your tires for the last 20 laps race.

Quote Originally Posted by bud View Post
    Rickys race could move to monadnock.... not sure why Canaan wouldn't want them back with the crowd they had! Twinstate has some behind the scenes issues just my opinion...... star would be awesome. Extra races at mad dog two thumbs up. I think the thurs. Shows at Thompson are a turn off to Dwight. Again just my opinion. God I love the mods at lee!!
    I agree, give another show to Monadnock, Lee and/or Star and call it good. I also agree the MRS schedule would be fine without Thompson.

Thread Information