Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Let's Replace the Top Ten Race Next Year

There is a reason some drivers are usually in the top five And there is a reason why some drivers do not. Why not divide up the purse to all the cars? Then we could be Communist racers. phil

Quote Originally Posted by Philter39 View Post
    There is a reason some drivers are usually in the top five And there is a reason why some drivers do not. Why not divide up the purse to all the cars? Then we could be Communist racers. phil
    That greedy #5 is hogging up all the prize money. Joebama, Please help us spread the wealth.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

i had a 95 horsepower truck, i wasnt blessed with the trux class like i intended on running beforehand. small cars were my only option and i made the best of it. some people just cant afford to own 3 cars and run them every race of the year. i sure as hell wasnt about to let the truck sit, couldnt afford to buy a new car and rebuild. 95 out of 100 people are gonna say restructure the purse, the 5 that wont are the guys that have consistently placed in the top 5. and yes, their is a reason they are up their...does that mean they deserve all and we deserve none? we try our hardest just as much as they do
    Last edited by Danger83Ranger; 11-02-2011 at 09:57 PM.

Erin is diligently working on the Rams Factor....make sure you bring your umbrellas....his head is about to explode!!! LOL!!!

That greedy #5......which one? LOL! Dave and Timmy both perform well enough each race to always end up at the front of the pack.....

As Phil said it...some drivers consistently finish at the front of the pack and some don't....that is how it is...

Even Petey said it...the cream will always rise to the top. Not meaning that if you haven't finished up front you aren't a good driver....these guys that are always up front have something you cannot tune into your car...seat-time. No matter how much you race against them, they will always have the years of experience ahead of you... The best thing to do is learn FROM THEM. Talk to the people you know always finish ahead of you, ask about car setup, racing techniques, etc... Knowledge is very powerful in enduro racing.....

And, for the record, I'm NOT talking to you and you alone Mr. Ramsey.....Stinky ( | ) !!!
    ________Joe the Photo Guy
    {_NEETS_}_____________www.neetsracing.com
    Co-Promoter____________Email: joe@neetsracing.com
    Webmaster_____________Cell#: 267-767-4923
    Photographer ___________Nextel: 168*153450*1

haha joe, i understand what your saying. racing is hit and miss sport, you win some, you lose some. ive won many races in my day in actual race cars, equipment and setup is a huge factor for most on top of seat time. as for enduro racing, the vehicle is pretty much supposed to be stock, their are hundreds of hidden ways to get an advantage without anyone even knowing...also, were not running with strict rules, the cars out their are all different, make, model, horsepower, gearing...etc etc. enduro racing is 75% best equipment for the situation, 15% luck, and 10% driver ability to avoid the on track issues. use me for example, i managed to keep my nose clean with an inefficient vehicle, finish all 8 races, come home with ONE top ten and finish 5th in points. it can be easily done if you use your head, but for the most part, a faster car helps on the winning side...

i was simply looking for opinions on the subject, its something i believe would make the majority of drivers happier in general and give them something a little more to fight for. i have my disagreements just as much as the next guy/gal, but i still want this series to continue to grow therefore i will voice what i feel may indeed help. instead i get childish comments when a simple, i dont like the idea would have sufficed. "what we've got here is, failure to communicate. Some men, you just cant reach" (great movie btw)
    Last edited by Danger83Ranger; 11-02-2011 at 10:13 PM.

Me a Commie??

I'm a little slow (as evidenced on the track) so it took me a while to figure out the Phil might be calling me a Communist! He may be right based on my first post that started this interesting discussion. Like a true politician however, I'm flip-flopping to side with the Capitalists. I think we should change it as follows: One class of "stock" cars regardless of how many cylinders, winner take all the loot, 200 laps. The heck with the Ladies race (sorry Linsey), who needs a non-winners race (buncha losers anyway), screw the points system, becuase capitalism is about winning every time and not about trying hard and finishing near the front. What was I thinking... a non-winners race... phooey!! The next thing you'd know we'd all be getting trophies just for participating and Joe would be telling each of us how "special" we all are.

Oh yeah... I'd also make a junkyard run the day before the race just to pick up a couple of dead cars to put on the track for the start of the race.

Phil... thanks for bringing me back to my senses.

I'm working on a more complete list ideas for the rules meeting. See you there

Kenny

Wink Rules of Engagement..........................

Since were playing the rules thing again! I wanna quote a few things I've learned over the years, that never make the rulebook:
    Stupidity is not a crime...your free to race............................
    Bigtime Caution: Driver has money.....................................
    Objects in your mirror are not getting a trophy......................
    Wanna make $1000 racing?......Spend $10,000.......................................
    If you lived in your racecar you'd be home by now.................................
    If you can't find the performance problem its in your helmet............................
    Its painful when you have to pull that excuse out of your a$$............................................... ........
    Ax me about my driver diversity training...............................
    If you keep getting banged in the rear..................your doing it wrong............................
    Last but not least, for our beautiful lady drivers; Hang-up and drive............................................. .....
    UNCLE PETEY..........................

Correction I own 4 cars. 1 was built in 1997 39b, 1 in 1998 39 pontiac, Mazda in 2007 built at a cost of $53 and the Honda. All my cars are 100% stock. Have you taken notice of the 28 and 38 year old trucks I use to tow to the races. Things are not what they always appear. I only brought 1 car this year after I crashed my Pontiac. I am supporting this series by lending my old cars to others they pay the costs involved with their rides. phil

Cool Next Year-Stuff!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Phil, they just don't build 'em like they used to!! "Old School!!!!!"

Joe, I won't be coming to the meeting on Saturday, but as far as the rules and the payout go, I don't think there is no immediate need to re-invent the wheel!! The rules, procedures and payouts you have in place are fine. Don't muddy the waters, keep things simple!!! The biggest thing to remember, I think, is to enforce all rules, penalties, etc. "consistently" and all will be well in the world of NEETS. You will never please everybody!!!!! As far as moving the dead cars?? That is an argument that will never end. I think we can all agree that in the "true spirit" of enduro racing the dead cars should be left where they die. But in the real world where all the costs involved in building and maintaining a car in order to continue participation in these events continue to rise, maybe the dead cars should be removed or at least taken out of the racing groove. The longer our cars last, the more races we can compete in. I would tend to think that the more cars you have participating, the more people you will have to fill the stands, which is good for the racing economy. I'm not so sure people want to see all these wrecks, especially with dead cars, at an enduro race?? My guess would be that if you asked all the drivers what their intentions were the day of a race, I think their reply would be that they came to race their car, not wreck their car??? It is "racing", not "wrecking". Save the demolition derbies for somewhere else!!

**** P.S. If some of the guys out there would remember to look beyond the front end of their car, many of these crashes would be avoided!!!! Patience!!!!!!

I hope the meeting goes well and the banquet!!! See you at the track in 2012!!!!

It is what it is!!!!!!!!!!!
    Shawn Naftzinger
    Rustyboltz Racing #16N
    "Old School!"

No Ken you are not slow. Just saying that mediocrity need not be rewarded. phil

Thread Information