Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Screwing up the rules already

Cool Exhaust!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RICK16RACIN View Post
    Yes if you are running dual exhaust you have to run the tips , if you are running a single exhaust with a stock y-pipe (NOT A HOME MADE OR AFTERMARKET) you do not have to put on a 1 1/2 tip. That is THE ONLY EXCEPTION to this rule !!!!! and they have to be there during post race inspection!!!
    Rick, I've been running a Y-pipe and single exhaust for a few years, I even added a muffler last year. I had most of it made at an exhaust shop, which happens to be one of my sponsors. It cost me very little to construct and looks very similar to a "stock" exhaust with a Y-pipe. I would like to continue to use this set-up. It is all welded together, it seems to discharge the exhaust well, it is all less than 2 1/2" in diameter, it has never came loose or fell onto the track creating a safety issue. I think there is going to be many "pee-shooter" caused flat tires this year?? We shall see???

Questions: What is the difference in, both function and appearance, between an exhaust made at a local exhaust shop vs. a "stock" exhaust system bought from a local parts store? What is a "stock" exhaust and how will it be determined to be "stock"? Will a diagram be included in the new rules package to provide guidelines? Will it be a "judgement call" by you and your staff?? Is a Schuylkill County, a Berks County or let's just say, a "stock PA exhaust" the same as a "stock NJ exhaust"????

The cost difference will most likely be considerable, unless of course, you have an auto parts store as a sponsor instead of an exhaust shop. I more than likely will need to build a new car after this year's "Boiler Plate" incident on the backstretch and want to re-use as much of the old car as I can. I'm trying to stay on top of all the new changes and trying see what I need and don't need. I understand what you are trying to accomplish with this rule and I think the intent is to keep it simple, I'm just looking for clarification to the, so called, "exception" to the rule to see if I can use my old exhaust without changing it????

Thanks!!!!!
    Shawn Naftzinger
    Rustyboltz Racing #16N
    "Old School!"

you should be ok bud, but its ricks call. honestly i'm hoping a standard type exhaust weather it be from parts store or custom built, don't much matter to me, but we still need to know what are the rules. i don't pay 1 red cent for exhaust tubing, and not going to buy any either i'll make it damn close to what neets wants, whatever that may be?? but still need to know what the rules are, i guess before the holidays is out the window?? hopefully before jan. is out. happy new year everyone.

I'm suprised none of the elders told you to wait for the rules !! lol Give me a call buddy.

exhuast

Shaun , the reason why i want it stock is so guys wont run true duals into one somewhere in the back of the car!! (some can be very creative) as long as its bent to stock specs im fine with it . It has to y somewhere under the trans or either in front of the trans pan or no further then 2 1/2 inches behind the tail shaft of the trans . HOPE THIS HELPS ??
    Last edited by RICK16RACIN; 12-30-2011 at 09:29 PM.
    MR. RICK
    You Need

no difference

There is NO difference , the rule says "stock" Y pipe and single exhaust with muffler.. so what I comprehend from this is use stock Y pipe, and a muffler(any muffler)
    It doesn't matter if you go buy parts at Napa or wherever , or have one made.. yes it is much easier to have one made and is always much stronger that way..
    I have always run this set up on my enduro cars and it works very well.
    Happy New Years to all , and see yas soon
    Maddawg

Thank's Rick, You kick ass man, finally got the spec's for exhaust!! Thank You.

Thumbs up

Sounds Goood!!!!
    Shawn Naftzinger
    Rustyboltz Racing #16N
    "Old School!"

I'm suprised none of the elders told you to wait for the rules !!

your long wait is over. phil does 51 make me an elder ?

Yes it does , mean your and elder !! Just complimenting my wiser race buddie;s !

Hey Phil you live near me don't you ? i'D LIKE TO SEE YOUR WORKSHOP AND PICK YOUR BRAIN !!

WOW THIS IS GONNA BE A GREAT YEAR GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE!!

Thread Information