been reading about some of the new topics for possible rule changes, waiting to see what they will be like everyone else,mainly because i wasnt able to complete my car in time to race last year and now am at the point of installing exhaust on my car .
i've read where increasing the vacuum rule to 18.5 or so was said and that seems fair , especially a steady reading, not fluctuating.
the 1.5" tailpipe rule i must say is quite ridiculuos.first off no stock car every came with such a thing especially since these discussions were more focusing on the big cars. references are often made to howie and tim of how their cars are legal and thats great and thats how it should be . having more than the vacuum required . the tailpipe rule is spoken of to slow down or restrict the guys with big motors as i have read. so i'm reading how 2 of our good examples are legal and others are not , so how is the tailpipe rule practical.
lets agree that these are still race cars or atleast cars we race and we all need to comply by the rules . but seriously how is an 1.5 tailpipe even race worthy. guys build v-8s for a reason , not to choke them down.
there are always guys who bend and break rules but there are guys who can comply and run fast as well like tim and howie so why would you want to institute a rule that is both ridiculous and again not stock either?
opinions? come on guys help us out here, heck it looks big diamond even dropped that from their roadrunners rule now and the wall factory stocks are 2.25 ehaust , which was stock. thanks