Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 1.5 tailpipe rule and vacuum rule?? opinions?

Thumbs up already done !

I have told all the regular cars that run the Factory Stocks at Wall that have been competing with us about all the rules that will be in effect this race coming , but to make sure i put a post on the Wall board to remind anyone who might be thinking about running this race!!
    MR. RICK
    You Need

Again doing the math

tail pipe!!
    Well after doing the math a stock 2 1/2 single exhaust will flow 8.95 square , when you double that you get 17.90 square right !! if you cut it down to 1 1/2 inches at the last one foot you get 12.80 so i still would say since most cars came stock with a y pipe and single exhaust for the most part , so with that the motors that are more stock will benifit with the 12.80 ?? Only the big motors will get cut down !! I know that any change is an expense to you guys and the cheapest way to do this is to put the 1 1/2 tips on the exhaust ( $ 20 ) ?? rev limiters ( $95 ) and mandating a specific carb ( $300) and a gear rule ( $200 ) isn`t the way to go for know and raising the vacumm ( $??? ) rule will really cost money and alot if time !!( but a carb or raising the vacumm will be the next step) And i know no one wants that?? This division is going to remain an affordable division !! so lets keep it simple guys ! most of the cars who are running close as can be to stock wont have any issues with heat !! we have cars with single exhaust running all the time and they finish !! Bigger compression cars run hot anyway !!??
    MR. RICK
    MR. RICK
    You Need

Does this rule apply to the 4 cylinders, just asking.

amen Rick iam getting tired of reading about this. run as close to stock as possible and all will be good. right?????

Thumbs up 4 cyl.and pea shooters

in less your car is already running an 1 1/2 exhaust , then yes it applies to all !!
    MR. RICK
    You Need

Thumbs up yes yes !!

Yes Big Daddy you are right !!!
    MR. RICK
    You Need

Question "WHY"-pipes........................

In the new rules it states all exhaust pipes must have the peashooters...................
    Does this include "Y" pipes? Originally you said "Y" pipes were exempt from this rule...........................
    Just asking before I install an exhaust system.........................
    UNCLE PETEY.......................

Thumbs up Y pipes

Yes if you run a single exhaust with a Ypipe that comes together no further then 2 1/2 inches behind the tail shaft of the transmission and continues back and ends as a single pipe no bigger then 2 1/2 inches you do not need a pea shooter tip . ( just remember i want stock configuration , when the pipes join i want a 45 degree angle joining them ) . Joe is putting it in the rules , it was omitted by accident but will be there!!
    MR. RICK
    You Need

Angry Below the Belt..................

Not to heap too many questions on ya Rick, but whats the deal with the seatbelts?.............................
    The NEETS rules say one thing and the NJ state cops say something else.................
    Is it SFI, FIA or belts must not be older than 2 years........................
    I'm buying new belts, but I'd hate to see a driver/crew have to swithch belts 5 minutes before the race because these a$$holes decided to do a last minute spot check............................................. ...
    BTW, thanks to everybody in the pits who helped me(Vern, Philter, Howie, etc.) and Pat Hires, 2jr, for letting me use his belts in last race.................
    UNCLE PETEY...............................

Exclamation seat belts ????

As of now all cars that run in New Jersey have to have seat belts no older then 2 years no matter what type of belts they are !! We are not gonna be able to do anything anytime soon about it !! sorry we tried ????
    MR. RICK
    You Need

vacuum thread revival

Just a note, if your car was right at the vacuum minimum and you had to put the "pea shooters" on, you better recheck your vacuum. Exhaust restriction will lower vacuum reading.

If your vacuum is not consistent (gauge quickly bouncing), you may have something wrong with 1 or more cylinders (low compression leads to low vacuum).

If you want to take a few minutes to do some reading on the subject, here is a good link:

http://www.linnbenton.edu/auto/perform/vacuum.html

I called Joe on Daytona Sunday. He said If I do not have Vortex heads then I do NOT NEED Peashooters. I have nothing Vortex at all with my car. AM I LEGAL Rick?????

Rick is going to say Yes you are legal. I would add as long as your exhaust meets the other criteria.
    Long enough, does not point down, and othes. phil

As long as there is NO Vortec heads you do not need a pea shooter.
    Erin Cutri
    NEETS Official: Co Promoter
    Email: bartleye2@hotmail.com
    Cell: 570-878-0769

Thumbs up legal!!

yes you are legal .
    MR. RICK
    You Need

Thread Information