Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rear wheel drive cars read carfully

Question Covering My Rear...............

So if I rip the cover off my differential and it physically is a posi.......its legal?....................
    UNCLE PETEY...................................

wow

no one wants to see your rear petey! please keep your posi covered

Wink T-birds Tailfeathers Tales.................

I know its terrible losing all that fluid.....................
    UNCLE PETEY.....................

Sounds more like he will tear out your posi, dissassemble it, lay out all the steels and clutches, measure their thickness and count them, then they will rate the springs to make sure they are not hoped up.. Then as stated in the rules you will have to drive down to pep boys and buy a chiltons manual, to prove that was stock.

Thumbs down Rear-view....................

I don't think NEETS tech guys will treat us like we were running at mountain speedway.................
    UNCLE PETEY.............................

Chilton's guides....if you want to prove to us that something was stock from the factory the way it is and Rick does not believe so and it is not compliant with our rules....Chilton's manuals or some other official written proof will suffice.

We're not accepting somebody's personal web page that you can print out that says it is stock because we all know how many people online have fraudulent postings, incorrect information that they believe is correct, etc... Show me something official from Chevy or in a Chilton's manual and I have no choice but to believe it....I may still investigate it further, but that is something we will have to do when the time comes...

BOTTOM LINE....
    If your car is stock, stop pushing the limits...there is only so far you can go before you find out the hard way you went too far.......
    As for your competitors' cars, let us worry about them....if you are upset that we haven't done our job, put up the money and have them torn down...

We cannot put one rule in place what will cover all possible scenarios...let alone an entire rule book that will have everything we need in it for a whole race season........things will come up outside of the box...we will deal with them on a case by case basis and use common sense to keep things moving smoothly.
    ________Joe the Photo Guy
    {_NEETS_}_____________www.neetsracing.com
    Co-Promoter____________Email: joe@neetsracing.com
    Webmaster_____________Cell#: 267-767-4923
    Photographer ___________Nextel: 168*153450*1

enough already !!

Why can't we all get along abide by the rules and we are all in the winners spot, This is supposed to be fun that's why i got started in this !!

Wink Taking Stock...................

I don't want to get into a big dicussion about this posi-rear deal, but we are running cars that are slowly becoming antiques and classics........................
    The OE parts for these cars are becoming rare and the people who do have'm want a fortune for them...............................
    At the november enduro at wall I destroyed a front bumper, I could not find a good bumper in this area anywhere.................
    Thanks to Howie, he tig welded 3 parts of different bumpers together to make something that resembled the old one.................
    We have to be allowed to use aftermarket parts to repair the parts that are obsolete and can no longer be bought from the OE manufacturers.......................
    I rebuild all my rears and cannot get any parts from GM, hence I have to get gears, bearings and clutches from other sources......................
    I just don't wanna get penalized for a properly working posi-unit......................
    UNCLE PETEY.......................

V8 parts may be rare but 4 cyl cars are plentiful. I got a bumper for my Pontiac for $30 at
    Naftzingers. phil

Thread Information