Racerhub.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Modified Team Gains Attention through National Marketing Competition

Modified Team Gains Attention through National Marketing Competition

Champion Auto Parts is currently running THE SEARCH FOR A CHAMPION contest http://alwaysachampion.com/ from now through March 25th 2012. Over 340 racers of all kinds submitted 2 min videos describing themselves and showcasing some of their racing as they vie for the $50,000 Grand Prize. The entry list was finalized on Dec 31st and the contest has now entered the voting stage kind of like American Idol.

Our team, Epic Ventures Motorsports Group, submitted a video for ROC Asphalt Modified Series driver Terry Cheetham http://contest.alwaysachampion.com/c...wentry/1011640 and we are asking modified fans to help not only our team but to shed some light on our beloved class. Most of the asphalt category entries are drag racing, road racing, late model or midgets/microds. With some good old fashioned grass roots backing (no cost involved) there is an opportunity to get the attention of fans all across the racing spectrum and at least one large corporate sponsor in particular.

As we may not be known to some of you, I created a brief YouTube video describing why I decided to team up with and give my support to Terry over the past 6 years.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJ_lR9GlMio

Having run a limited ROC schedule for a few years we have managed to finish in the top 10 in our last three Oswego ROC 200 events, and like any race team, we are always striving to raise our performance level even further. Each of us knows that financial resources are a big part of that equation. Without some additional assistance with the daily voting (or as often as you are willing to devote time) our shot at victory is a long shot. I have been a fan of modifieds since the mid 60's and think it would be outstanding if we could bring some additional notoriety to modified racing by at least making it to the final cut. Thank you for your view and as there are 4 weeks to go, I will add some notes about our history that we hope you find interesting. Again, thanks -Tom Fecteau, owner EVMS

You can also find Epic Ventures Motorsports on FaceBook, the web, and as seen above - on YouTube

Also, special thanks to Spencer Speedway track photographers Ron Rigby, independent photographer Jayfish, and Topguncanada00 for his Oswego video clips.

I was an occassional guest viewer of Lou's site and then The Chrome Horn over the years mostly to get updates on races. I would like to tell you more about our team but would also like to respect the forum culture you folks have created - another modified forum told me to not bother posting. So in the absense of suggested topics to avoid I'll try to add the kind of information I would like as a fan.

And for those that have viewed this, we thank you for your interest.

Tom Fecteau torpedotom@verizon.net
    Last edited by TorpedoTom; 01-13-2012 at 10:52 PM.

As the team owner and being new here, here is a brief history about my racing addiction:

I was lucky enough to have a dad who really enjoyed racing, helping other teams out but taking his kids to the races on the weekend. Living in Rochester NY, Spencer Speedway became our main track but dad loved to travel all around upsate NY enjoying dirt and asphalt, and then there was the "big" trip - Langhorne.

I had so many fav drivers, Dutch Hoag, Bobby Merz, the Treichlers, Troyer, Rafter, Richie Evans, Shampine, Bently Warren and because I had a Mopar need, Jean Guy Chartrand and the Hemi 'Cuda. I appreciated every driver including the guys in the back. Any time there was a "New England invader" I would rush to the pits afterward because anyone that traveled was automatically special because up to then they were just a name in a racing paper.

My favorite years were 68-72 because of the great racing happening at that time plus in 1970 my dad finally took his shot and drove a mod at Lancaster for one season. Things did not go well but it was a blast hanging out in the pits and being "in" racing. Dad sold the coupe at season end and over the next several years I did like dad, helping out other teams with some limited success, getting some small tastes of driving now and then, but always waiting for the day when I could find a way to be a factor in modifieds like my heros were.

This is from the Oswego 150 1970, my dad, his friends, driver Neil Truesdale, car builder Dick Mangus, racing legend "Irish" Jack Murphy.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1970 Orig Polaroid.jpg 
Views:	247 
Size:	86.9 KB 
ID:	2622

Thread Information