Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Newbie questions

Screw Loose

A magnet may be the solution to all of Petey's flat tire problems.

Install mud flaps in front of the tires.
    Put magnets on the bottom edge of the flaps.
    Those tire deflating devices will get sucked up before they get a chance to cling to Petey's Badyear tires.

Problem Solved!
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

Unhappy Animal Magnetism...................

I'm OK with that cure.....................
    As long as, the magnet is strong enough to hold back #73's bumper.....................
    UNCLE PETEY......................................

Quote Originally Posted by madbutcher666 View Post
    I used to race enduros at Flemington,NJ (if anyone remembers that track).
    Were you in the Flemington enduro that I have on youtube?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpeY6ZWXq_g
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

Yeppers! At about a minute into the vid you'll see me in the big bumble bee looking car #103. I was 19 at the time. Car was a '71 Buick Electra with a 455 4-barrel in it. Very fast car! I ran there until 1992 or 1993, can't remember exactly. Car was just way too big and fast for the asphalt and haven't raced since then. I'm really excited to get back into it finally! If you have other Flemington vids put em up! I know you have another on youtube but I wasn't in that race for some reason. I didn't have a trailer so getting a U-Haul back then was hard to find.
    Ross

Hmmmm.....a standing start in the mud....wonder if NEETS will be doing anything like that this season.....?????
    ________Joe the Photo Guy
    {_NEETS_}_____________www.neetsracing.com
    Co-Promoter____________Email: joe@neetsracing.com
    Webmaster_____________Cell#: 267-767-4923
    Photographer ___________Nextel: 168*153450*1

That's how we started at Big D last year. Four wide standing start, but also not too muddy.

Poppop

standing start

Thats the way we used to do it at MVS. the flagger would count us down from 5, wave the flag and run like hell to the flag stand.. aaaah the good old days!!! but remember these were true enduro cars run under true enduro rules----- NOT what enduros have evolved into today.
    Maddawg

like it more

I liked the standing start more then the rolling ones. The track at grand is really soupy and most cars lose control coming out of turn 4. bd had less water and standing start caused less wrecks at the start. but up to the bosses!!!

The Rolling Question...

IF NEETS is to have a standing start for a race, the track would still have to be watered down appropriately (Petey, I know what you're going to say! LOL!)...but, we would still have to have the cars pace a few laps and run the track in until it is tacky....

The cars would HAVE to stay packed tight or else it will take a half hour to pack it down and tack it up.......in theory, we could run a few TIGHT pace laps...stop the field on the front stretch or back stretch and then throw the green out.

It is possible....but, a flip of the coin to decide WHICH division is racing first is more than possible too this year.....what time does the ___-Car division start racing?....can't say, be there on time or you might miss the race....
    ________Joe the Photo Guy
    {_NEETS_}_____________www.neetsracing.com
    Co-Promoter____________Email: joe@neetsracing.com
    Webmaster_____________Cell#: 267-767-4923
    Photographer ___________Nextel: 168*153450*1

A stop n go start in the mud sounds interesting... Starting next weekend me and my cousin is going to start gettin the blue deuce ready for the View come the end of March
    I find that your selfish mind is a place to hide when you know what you are doing is wrong

Thread Information