Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Newbie questions

Newbie questions

Hey all! First, if I missed an FAQ section for newbies, I apologize. I wanted to get some input on what it's like to race in the NEETS series. I live 5 minutes from Grandview, so it would be easy for me to get there. Here's a basic background on me. My racing background isn't deep, and I've never run on dirt. I did a bunch of autox and about 6 or 7 HPDE days at Pocono Raceway's road course. But that was back in '01-'05. Started a family around that time, so time and money have kept me off the track. Now I'm trying to get back into it. With a very limited budget, I'm trying to figure out the best way to get myself on track. I came across this car on Craigslist and that's what got me thinking about running NEETS. http://reading.craigslist.org/cto/2795931277.html Anyone know this car? Or could help me determine if it would be legal to run?

So what advice can you offer? Would someone who's been off track for 7 years be able to come and have some fun in a car like this? I don't have a "pit crew", I'd be doing this pretty much on my own. Even using a minivan and tow dolly as my transporter. I'm sure people are competitive, but do they still have fun? i.e. While I want to run the best I can, my goal is to just have fun and be safe. Thanks for any thoughts you can give.

Steve

Hello

I am Rick the tech inspector for NEETS , and i believe the car you are looking at is one of our regular competitors car. and yes you can have lots of fun and get some good racing experience , Grandview is a fun place to race !! Look forward to seein you at the track !! go get the car before its gone !!!
    MR. RICK
    You Need

Fun times for most!

Welcome to the forum. I came back after fifteen years or so and havn't regretted it. Have fun but always put safety first and it will follow. Most of us have a very minimal pit crew or none at all and there is always somebody ready to help. Come around to the 47 car and say hello.

Poppop

I'm in the same boat you are in Steve. This will be my first year racing at Grandview and my first time racing in 20 years. I used to race enduros at Flemington,NJ (if anyone remembers that track). As of right now I only have a race car, no truck to tow it with yet, and no trailer or dolly. Just bought a few tools and some stuff I got from xmas. My pit crew is gonna be my wife, who knows jack about cars lol. Maybe we should park next to each other and she can change both of our tires! I'm here to have fun, seems like a fun bunch of guys that race here, can't wait for this season to start!

Ross

You guy's will have a great time and lots of people are always willing to help out so just get to the track and it'll be fun !!
    Joe #37

NEETS is a great organization. All the officials are easy to talk to . 90% of the people in the pits you can asked advice andhelp. pitting usually isnt a problem somebody will jump in and help. I know the people I pitt around are here to have fun. none of us have big racing budgets. finishing good is a added bonus. also you should be able to meet some great new friends in the process. good luck see ya at the track

been there

I was out of racing for 12 years after bad wreck causing head injury. I got back into it and having fun every time. My pit crew is my father and anyone who help (poppop). I only raced there a few times but everyone made me feel at home. From big daddy to poppop and more. Just come out and make our family bigger!!!!!!! driver of the 2EZ ray

Thanks for all the input guys!! Would there be anyone around who may be able to help me see if this car is legal to run in 2012? Having three young kids at home pretty much eats the racing budget up (though they want to be a pit crew, just like in the Cars movie...). Don't want to shell out cash and find a nasty surprise I wasn't expecting. The closer to race ready, the better.

Down and Dirty...............

Don't do it, Steve.............
    The NEETS family is great but that dirt takes the hair off your chest..............
    UNCLE PETEY.................

Welcome Steve, I'm Joe, the promoter of NEETS...any questions you may have, feel free to call email or text me! My info is always at the bottom of my post in my "Signature" section.

As for what to expect, it sounds like some of our drivers have already summed a lot of things up...

Except for Uncle Petey....he don't like dirt anymore... But, he has a wealth of information about practically any car you can drive...and he is a legend in the enduro world!

Best advice I can give you is build your car to be safe, race clean and MAINTAIN, MAINTAIN, MAINTAIN!!!

If you don't have a car ready by the first event, come on out anyways! It is a great chance to meet people, see what the series is all about and get a feel for how the events are ran.

Hope to see you in the pits soon!
    ________Joe the Photo Guy
    {_NEETS_}_____________www.neetsracing.com
    Co-Promoter____________Email: joe@neetsracing.com
    Webmaster_____________Cell#: 267-767-4923
    Photographer ___________Nextel: 168*153450*1

Quote Originally Posted by richardpetey View Post
    Don't do it, Steve.............
    The NEETS family is great but that dirt takes the hair off your chest..............
    UNCLE PETEY.................
    That must be what happened to my head then!

Poppop

Hey Steve

I believe the car you are looking at is a car that has raced with us , so its legal , as far as i know !! is the guy who owns it drew ott ? i think its his teams car !!
    MR. RICK
    You Need

Wink Ain't No Mudder....................

[Except for Uncle Petey....he don't like dirt anymore...]

Sorry Joe! It ain't the dirt its the mud and flat tires............................
    UNCLE PETEY...............................

Quote Originally Posted by richardpetey View Post
    [Except for Uncle Petey....he don't like dirt anymore...]

Sorry Joe! It ain't the dirt its the mud and flat tires............................
    UNCLE PETEY...............................
    You had a flat tire at Wall on Saturday. You must have magnets in your tires. Or it is those offset rims

phil

Wink Its A Tireless Job.........................

Pilot Error.......................
    UNCLE PETEY..........................

Thanks for helping with the last minute belt situation Mr. Philter.............................

Thread Information