Thread: No Mirrors?

No Mirrors?

Was there a "No Mirror" rule in effect for the "2012 Beaters with Heaters" race?

I saw a little glare from one of the cars while editing some of my in-car video.

Maybe they thought it was the "Cheaters with Heaters" race.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mirror.jpg 
Views:	185 
Size:	55.6 KB 
ID:	2621  
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

He said it was run under 2011 rules so, mirrors were allowed.

Rules

I thought we were running to the NEW (2012) rules because the winner of the 4 cyl race had offset wheels (stuck out about 3" from the body and not too hard to detect). I thought in 2011 we had to run stock offsets. The second place guy had 50 series tires all the way around (in 2011 they had to be 60 series).

I'm confused. Oh well, we know what the rules are for the rest of the season, I think???

Mirrors were NOT allowed for this race
    Ms. NEETS/Registrations
    Enduro Racing Ain't for Sissies

Beaters in January always ran the previous year's rules...too little time to change/upgrade parts to become legal for new rules.....next race is two months away...new rules will be in effect!

Mirrors were not permitted...Rick grabbed a few in tech...Eric and I grabbed a few on track, AFTER TECH... Either way, they will have to be removed or taped up in order to pass tech.

NOTE FROM TECH!!!!
    We will NOT be responsible for removing your mirror next time...if you race with it, whether you claim to use it or not, we will be forced to DQ you...fair is fair...

Kenny, the offset wheels he ran were the same as before, they were matching offsets and I believe compliant with last years rules...check with Rick on that, but I'm sure he was ok...
    ________Joe the Photo Guy
    {_NEETS_}_____________www.neetsracing.com
    Co-Promoter____________Email: joe@neetsracing.com
    Webmaster_____________Cell#: 267-767-4923
    Photographer ___________Nextel: 168*153450*1

no mirrors was also a 2011 rule...
    Erin Cutri
    NEETS Official: Co Promoter
    Email: bartleye2@hotmail.com
    Cell: 570-878-0769

Rules Clarification

I think Joe intended to use the 2011 rules for the Wall Race, but forgot to tell the tech guys who must've been following the 2012 rules. I just looked at the old rules (copied below) and this is what they say :

Wheels and Tires:
    1. Stock type rims only.
    A. May use aftermarket racing wheel as long as stock offsets are maintained.
    i. Use of aftermarket racing wheel highly recommended for the right side of vehicles, especially Big Cars.
    B. Maximum rim width is 7" for all divisions.
    C. Must start on all same sized rims. No 13" on one side and 16" on the other.
    D. Wheels must have matching offsets, maximum three (3") inch backspacing.
    2. DOT passenger car tires only.
    A. Radial Tires only, with tread wear rating of 300 minimum.
    B. No off-road tires allowed.
    C. 60 series or higher mandatory (60, 65, 70, etc...).

My questions were about rule 1A. and 2C The winner had offsets that were obviously NOT stock. The second place car had 50 series tires on all four wheels but 60 series or higher were mandatory. Not sure why the confusion, but in my mind it cost me two spots and a payout.

I'm not going to try to ignore this thread Kenny, but I was not in tech at all that day, you'd have to check with Rick......and besides, I'm kind of interested myself now...
    ________Joe the Photo Guy
    {_NEETS_}_____________www.neetsracing.com
    Co-Promoter____________Email: joe@neetsracing.com
    Webmaster_____________Cell#: 267-767-4923
    Photographer ___________Nextel: 168*153450*1

Question Kenny

if you read section D in that rule its says no more then 3inch back spacing !! if you use racing wheels , that has been the norm all along. petey has constantlly run big offsets and has put the tires out in harms way !!( and if your lucky you wont lose a few tires along the way ) and as far as the second place car having 50 series tires i will have to check with Jimmy on that!
    MR. RICK
    You Need

Wink Does this help

Quote Originally Posted by RICK16RACIN View Post
    if you read section D in that rule its says no more then 3inch back spacing !! if you use racing wheels , that has been the norm all along. petey has constantlly run big offsets and has put the tires out in harms way !!( and if your lucky you wont lose a few tires along the way ) and as far as the second place car having 50 series tires i will have to check with Jimmy on that!

The second to last post in this thread mentions the 50 series tire issue

http://www.racerhub.com/forum/showth...le-differences
    Ms. NEETS/Registrations
    Enduro Racing Ain't for Sissies

No mirrors

Can anyone let me know why mirrors are not aloud at neets races. I can see only one reason blocking... But the safty from a mirror is IREPLACEABLE, especially with speeds at paved tracks. The flagman has two eyes and a black flag, thats how you deal with blocking. Reason im asking is i plan on doing some racing at wall this year and i run a full containment seat with extended head rests and i wear a head and neck support device to keep me safe. With all of that i have zero peripheral vision so a mirror is needed.

Unhappy Enduro Reflections....................

I've been a proponent of mirrors as a safety feature for years....................
    APPARENTLY, I am in the not so silent minority.....................
    Mirrors, if used properly, are more valuable than any rubrail ,plating or cage used to protect your driver/racecar.................
    Without them you are blind to any unexpected stupidity...........................
    UNCLE PETEY.......................

Wink

not breaking your stones rick but in tech, even when it's cold, things have to be looked at. the 18 4cyl had 50 series tires on all four corners. cindy pulled up a thread that you said 55 series tires were ok to run for the 4cyl race which was not legal in the '11 rules that we were suposed to be running. i don' think it's fair to the drivers who obide by the rule book and come to find out that when they get to the track special exceptions have been made over the internet/phone, but in black & white the rules are already written. 1 spot could cost a driver a championship, a tank of gas for the ride home and a shiney dust collector. but all in all my grand pop always told me "if you have time to do it half assed you have time to do it the right way."
    jeff walls fugly & gsw racing

good one petey !!

Quote Originally Posted by richardpetey View Post
    I've been a proponent of mirrors as a safety feature for years....................
    APPARENTLY, I am in the not so silent minority.....................
    Mirrors, if used properly, are more valuable than any rubrail ,plating or cage used to protect your driver/racecar.................
    Without them you are blind to any unexpected stupidity...........................
    UNCLE PETEY.......................

Thread Information