Thread: Attention All Drivers....BIG Season Update to Website!!!

Exclamation Attention All Drivers....BIG Season Update to Website!!!

Are you getting geared up for the new season? It is RIGHT around the corner...before you know it, we'll be back at the track...trackS!

Now, a lot of changes/updates have been made to rules, website, schedule, events, etc... I'm going to cover most of the big changes and as much as I can without dragging this post too far along...

First up, RULES:
    The rules have been finalized, once and for all. We've made some changes that we feel are the best for ALL competitors to both equal out the competition and keep things in check. The biggest change you will notice is the Peashooter rule has been modified... I posted a thread asking for drivers Vortec heads to contact me...I got a lot of replies in a little bit of time...for that I thank you all now if I didn't reply directly to your emails and texts... The Vortec heads will be permitted, the cars with Vortec heads MUST run the part number posted...the vehicles with Vortec heads MUST run the Peashooters. All other vehicles that DO NOT have stock performer/performance parts installed will not be required to run the Peashooters... My investigation brought out a lot of clear evidence that mostly all the front runners have the Vortec heads installed and the drivers who are running mid-pack do not... It has been the spotlight for sometime now and we all know the Vortec heads are a performance part on most all cars in the series...as such, since we are permitting a performance part we are mandating a restrictive part as well....we gave a little, you have to give a little...
    Holley Carbs...somewhere in the mix of things, the idea that they would not be permitted was spread about and that is false. Holley carbs will be permitted so long as they are the stock style installed, max CFM 500. See the full set of rules for complete break down...

Second up, SCHEDULE:
    Three corrections to the schedule that was posted must be made....
    August 8th becomes Saturday, the 18th at New Egypt Speedway,
    August 15th becomes Saturday, the 25th at Wall Speedway,
    October 20th becomes Saturday, the 27th at New Egypt Speedway.

Next up, WEBSITE:
    The site has been updated...nearly completely! I'm still going to be working on event pages....AND NAMES, HINT HINT!!! So, be patient as they will all eventually come online in due time... The rules page is completely changed and reflects ONLY the 2012 rules now and quick links to each chapter... (all in .doc format). Event pages for the first events, Grandview and Wall are online now...New Egypt first event to be posted shortly!

Now, the BIG ONE!!!
    The rules....yes, I'm covering them again...

The rules are put up for question each and every year at the end of the season. We usually allow only the top drivers and any drivers who have raced with the series for a couple of years to participate. This past rules meeting, we opened up the meeting to ALL drivers, future, past and present! With a whopping two dozen participants, we gathered ideas from some of the best...however, it was from only SOME.... I know there were a lot of people who wanted to participate but couldn't...its understandable, however the amount of complaining after the initial rules were posted was much greater than normal.... We expect a few people to be disgruntled with the outcome of the rules meetings, however when more people are upset with the decisions made than there were participants.....something is wrong. Rick, myself and a few select veteran drivers have worked our way though the major topics and figured out what needed to be done.

I am only going to post this once and for all to view...
    The rules for 2012 are set...minor changes/alterations may be made, but the bulk of the rules are there and now in place for the season. I don't plan on going back and making major changes. I'm not going to go back and forth with drivers and spectators and officials on the forums over rules anymore at this point.... The rules are the rules.

I've been told by numerous drivers... "Joe, I'll run whatever rules you put in place, I just want to race." The rules that have been posted are those rules...

Those rules are now in place and the season is getting close. I want everyone to start gearing up early and get ready for the first Dirt event, March 31st. This race will be a night race at Grandview Speedway and it has the potential to be a quite significant event.... We need all drivers to preregister early and be ready to race!

This season, all three series, have great potential!!! You the drivers will make it happen. The rules we have are strong and clear. The outreach the series will have will go far... Let's start strong and make things better every race!
    ________Joe the Photo Guy
    {_NEETS_}_____________www.neetsracing.com
    Co-Promoter____________Email: joe@neetsracing.com
    Webmaster_____________Cell#: 267-767-4923
    Photographer ___________Nextel: 168*153450*1

I don't understand! I read the rules and attended the rules meeting but I just don't understand about dual exhaust, Carburetors and upper control arms. What is all that stuff? I looked all over my car and couldn't find any of em. I couldn't find any Vortecs either. Maybe somebody stole em. The pee shooter's still there, I guess nobody wanted that.

Poppop

I guess I can't complain.... Most of the phone calls Rick and I get are drivers trying to find those little gray areas that WE didn't.....however, they've been trying pretty hard and can't seem to find 'em yet...

...and I did say YET...

Maybe Poppop your car did not come with upper control arms,dual exhaust and carburetors. Not quite sure how a car can have any control or actually run with out them . But hey you do race a GM!!!!!!!!!! ps Did you look in the trunk ? phil

phil
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppop View Post
    I don't understand! I read the rules and attended the rules meeting but I just don't understand about dual exhaust, Carburetors and upper control arms. What is all that stuff? I looked all over my car and couldn't find any of em. I couldn't find any Vortecs either. Maybe somebody stole em. The pee shooter's still there, I guess nobody wanted that.

Poppop

Question Exhausting Search.................

Just to make things perfectly clear, please answer this question..........................
    The only cars that are mandated to run the peashooter exhaust restrictors are the ones running vortex heads.......correct?
    UNCLE PETEY...........................

Yes and No......

Yes - the only cars required to run Peashooters are those with Vortec heads....

No - not vortex heads....could have been a typo on my behalf somewhere in the rules, but they would still have to run them...!!!

Question Exhausted Question...................

OK, I see this question was TOO hard to answer..................I'll go to a yes or no question.....................
    Vortex heads/motors will have to run peashooter exhaust ends.................YES................
    All other cars will NOT have to use peashooter exhaust ends...............YES or NO...........
    UNCLE PETEY...................

Cool Big Car Exhaust!!!!!!

I thought if you installed the exhaust using a "stock" wye-pipe and a max. 2 1/2" diameter pipe for the entire system, the pea shooters were not required regardless of engine or head type?? Maybe this was just part of the discussion before the "Final" set of rulz were published?? Either way I guess would work???
    Shawn Naftzinger
    Rustyboltz Racing #16N
    "Old School!"

All other cars will NOT have to use peashooter exhaust ends...............NO, they will not need them..........

Wye pipes, straight pipes, etc.....the rule is for cars with Vortec heads....if they have them, need the pea shooter, if they don't have them, no pea shooter.

Applies to ALL CARS, no one needs to install a pea shooter unless they are running Vortec Heads......Small Cars, no one will need them!

Thread Information