Yesterday was HECTIC....all the way around. The best part about yesterday was that no one got hurt.....

Line ups went well, transponder swaps/returns were good, complaints about other drivers/calls made were minimal....so, what was the big problem?

Administration.... Yes, I'll be the first to call out our own faults. Yesterday's event seemed like it was our first race together! Things were very questionable all day and the one single call MANAGED TO MAKE EVERY DRIVER AT THE TRACK ANGRY ALL AT ONCE (quoting Scott Adams wife, Jennifer ) was all due to simple mishandling of paperwork....

First off, the call was made because it was what was right...not because it was preferable to our sponsor... Robby Dunn, son of Scott Dunn (Series Sponsor) is 16 and therefore required NEETS to file for a rule modification to the State of NJ. I did just that back in February. The approval letter was sent over to the Speedway on February 20th....coincidentally also Robby's birthday....happy belated....... Upon arrival at the speedway, we learned the letter was never received and I was able to contact a state trooper to vouch for his approval from the state. All was well to my knowledge until the car was on the track and we had one lap to go.... ... ... ...

Unable to contact any of the troopers or officials, we were forced with a decision to either run the race without him or do what we did....run the big cars first. Regardless of sponsorship...taking one person off the track moments before the race to tell him he cannot race after hauling the car, paying to get in the pits, register for the race, preparing the car all day and then getting hyped up to race would be pathetic... I couldn't penalize him for something he was not responsible for at all.... I heard no one at all complain about this happening, but I felt this should be known and not kept hidden for someone else to bring up at a later date.......because of the swapping divisions, we started about 30-45 minutes late and there was nothing we could do to prevent that once the call was made...

Next up....Tech....I'm putting this out there as a last warning....yesterday, there were much more than two people per vehicle in the tech area..... I know the driver said they were with them and I knew the people around them were with them....but, that is beside the point..... DRIVER and ONE CREW MEMBER is all that is permitted. If there are crowds around the cars in the tech area, we're not going to bother chasing people out anymore...when you realize Rick and I never came by to inspect the car....I'll gladly explain why you were DQ'd.

Registrations and Safety Inspections.......more or less, ARRIVAL TIMES... The pit gates are opened by 9 at the latest....lots of drivers are still arriving after 10:30. We need you there early so we can register you, inspect the car and prepare line-ups and such.... Waiting until the last minute makes things crazy in the office and risks you starting in the wrong location in the line-ups, losing points because of misfiled paperwork....

We do a lot of things in the time between each race to help make things better and possible next time.....but, like always, we need your help to make these races happen.

There was a lot of bonus money given out yesterday...$415 to be exact....that's a lot of cash! With bigger car counts, it will make things really interesting to see how the events will play out! So.....where are all the cars? I know a lot of people from Long Island wanted to see NEETS run at Wall...We're here now......let's see these car counts start to pick up a bit!

I know I sound like a broken record, but honestly......if we cannot attract a steady decent car count each race we will eventually not have the opportunity to keep racing at Wall....we know for a fact that the drivers are out there and they want to race....but why aren't they? Know something I don't...email it to me....

Thanks!
See you back at the Wall in a month!