Racerhub.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Today's Thompson Finish

Today's Thompson Finish

First of all I wasn't there but I did follow the Horn and Twitter with reports from Shawn C and here are my thoughts and I welcome yours...

So here is my thought on the race today at Thompson International Speedway and the outcome of the NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour race. So its simple. If there is a yellow on lap 135 of a 150 lap race leaders sets the pace and needs to be first to the line. How frigging hard is that.. It would also be better for the fans. There isn;t a NASCAR Whelen Southern Modified Tour or NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour team out there that I dislike. I like everyone. But if its GWC there shoudn't be a rule like this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thats my opion and I would like to hear yours..

PS . Why the hell was today's race a Demo Derby????
    Jason Thompson

Twitter- @Spotter_Jason

https://www.facebook.com/JasonThompson2004

Sure “rules are rules” but the fact of the matter is the restart rules stink. The Tour needs to quit trying to be like the Cup Series. No matter if the leader spins his tires, misses a shift, or is just plain asleep on a restart, he always seems to get the benefit of the doubt. It shouldn’t be that way. Restarts are a part of racing, whatever happens happens and just let it go, period end of discussion. The boos spoke volumes of what the fans thought about the way NASCAR handled the end of the race. Just let the racers race!!!
    "A good racer is one whose head is in communication with his balls." - Richie Evans
    "There was only one place you'd find Cale Yarborough's name toward the back: The phone book." - Mike Joy

Quote Originally Posted by sicklajoie View Post
    sure “rules are rules” but the fact of the matter is the restart rules stink. The tour needs to quit trying to be like the cup series. No matter if the leader spins his tires, misses a shift, or is just plain asleep on a restart, he always seems to get the benefit of the doubt. It shouldn’t be that way. Restarts are a part of racing, whatever happens happens and just let it go, period end of discussion. The boos spoke volumes of what the fans thought about the way nascar handled the end of the race. Just let the racers race!!!
    well said!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Jason Thompson

Twitter- @Spotter_Jason

Well I was there and here are a few of my opinions:

1) Pennick got hosed a couple of times by "offical's calls".
    2) There were a couple of big wrecks (caused by back markers), while 80% of the cautions were minor spins. Most of the carnage happened when Chew was dumped going into turn 1 - I wouldn't call that a demo derby.
    3) Wade Cole needs to find a new hobby - lower car counts or not, a slow poke like him shouldn't be screwing up the final laps for the front runners.
    Last edited by rim runner; 04-16-2012 at 12:26 AM.

I think I'll wait for Nascar to release the video before I make a comment.... oh wait, Nascar doesn't broadcast WMT events..... wasn't even on the Home tracks radio..... too bad because the stands were packed from the photos I've seen. just sad.

i give props to wade. a top ten and on the lead lap. couldn't have been all that slow.....

I don't think they could have instituted the "can't beat the leader to the line" rule until after they made up the rule for the Cup series. I am pretty sure I remember WMT and Busch North races where some of the official lead changes NASCAR counted were from the second place car beating the leader to the line on restarts.

Quote Originally Posted by nflobster View Post
    i give props to wade. a top ten and on the lead lap. couldn't have been all that slow.....
    Agreed. I have a hardtime discrediting a man who has the most underfunded team, travels to damn near all the races and somehow managed a top 10 while finishing on the lead lap. There are plenty of driver's in far better equipment who don't know how to get out of the way either.
    "I have made the promise several times; there will always be Modifieds at Stafford as long as I am alive. There may be only two and I may be driving one of them but Modifieds will always have a home at Stafford Motor Speedway!" - Jack Arute Sr.

Quote Originally Posted by DaFingz View Post
    Agreed. I have a hardtime discrediting a man who has the most underfunded team, travels to damn near all the races and somehow managed a top 10 while finishing on the lead lap. There are plenty of driver's in far better equipment who don't know how to get out of the way either.
    THANK YOU DaFingz and Nflobster!!! I really wanted to respond to that previous post but I respect this forum and didn't want to cause an argument. ANYONE who knows Wade knows that it's not a "hobby" but a passion for the love of racing AND the Tour!!! He's an awesome guy who works very hard with the limited funds he has. If you read Polly and Denise's article you will see he had a steering problem and that's why he spun a few times.

I saw this posted elsewhere.
    http://youtu.be/IlBBP8cWiUk?t=13m21s
    "A good racer is one whose head is in communication with his balls." - Richie Evans
    "There was only one place you'd find Cale Yarborough's name toward the back: The phone book." - Mike Joy

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Lajoie View Post
    I saw this posted elsewhere.
    http://youtu.be/IlBBP8cWiUk?t=13m21s
    Pennick got the Shaft hard.. Unfortunate
    Jason Thompson

Twitter- @Spotter_Jason

i respect wade cole as a driver i even root for him during the race and hope he does well he does alot with very little money i read pollys article how ever if he was having a bad steering problem to the effect that it would cause him to spin out then he was a danger to himself and the other drivers and he should of parked the car

Hey Racenjacen, I see your boy William made the cover of Area Auto the hard way, looks like ernie has his work cut out for him.

From seeing this Silk spun his tires on restart and Pennick took off, Pennick should have won.

The win should have been Rowans...he really got screwed

Thread Information