Racerhub.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Rock Cancelled

Rock Cancelled

Posted by NASCAR Home Tracks on Twitter. The Southern Mod Tour race at Rockingham has been cancelled due to "logistics" issues. Right.

what does that mean? shootout date will that be changed?

Maybe UPS shoulda sponsored this race. I hear they specialize in logistics.....lol

What a shame. Just as the NWSMT was picking up some steam. It would have been great for those guys to get another race on a national series track. Corey Lajoie has got to be pretty upset about this, he runs great at The Rock and would have been my favorite for the win there. I can't wait to hear NASCAR's BS excuse for changing the venue.
    "I have made the promise several times; there will always be Modifieds at Stafford as long as I am alive. There may be only two and I may be driving one of them but Modifieds will always have a home at Stafford Motor Speedway!" - Jack Arute Sr.

Wouldnt it have been cheaper to add to just add to the purse instead of wasting all that money scheduling a race, starting to promote it, then cancel it?

will they cancell daytona in 2013 ?

Quote Originally Posted by worm View Post
    will they cancell daytona in 2013 ?
    This has nothing to do with the Daytona shootout race. The Southern Mod Tour has cancelled it's season finale at Rockingham and moved it to the 1/4 infield track at Charlotte.
    "I have made the promise several times; there will always be Modifieds at Stafford as long as I am alive. There may be only two and I may be driving one of them but Modifieds will always have a home at Stafford Motor Speedway!" - Jack Arute Sr.

reasons i heard

number one, they were not going to make a bigger purse, number two hooiser wasnt going to make a "special tire" for the event, youd have to because after 40 laps the tire will be gone...its sad because they hyped this up in the beginning and as far as i new a lot of north teams have said they were going to go..this could help the shootout/hurt it, teams from the north were talking bout going to the rock than leaving there trailers at caraway for shootout following week.
    "the winner isn't the one with the fastest car,the winner is the one who refuses to lose" - Dale Jr.

WSMT Tour Race at the Rock

Talked to several people @ Bowman Gray last week, word has it the cars were too fast, coming out of turn four cars would jump out toward wall, probably more of a safety issue. They even had a restrictor plate. Same as New Hampshire.(Loudon). Really a shame would have been a good race but I guess they are looking at it, as stated before safety issues.

Thread Information