Racerhub.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thompson: Complete Disaster

Quote Originally Posted by MOD11RACER View Post

Jack put your ego in your back pocket and bring this Tour back to respectability.

You really think that's going to happen?

Look how long it took him to figure out he shouldn't be behind the wheel of a Modified any more.

Quote Originally Posted by Acadia View Post
    Three lead changes, a decent car count and the racing still sucked. What does that tell you about lead changes and car counts? It's quality, not quantity that counts.

It was painful to watch the Twitter feed, I feel sorry for those that were there, such as those posting here and other blogs.

racerjoe, I was wondering about fuel... great comment. ;-)

It's not just a lack of respect for each other as it is a lack of respect for the sport compounded with profound lack of consideration of consequences. Some of these drivers that just hit anything around them look like idiots and they don't care about what they wreck. NWMT has clamped down on careless driving, that is obvious. There is much less wrecking due to careless and selfish driving.

People don't want to see wrecking, wrecking ain't racing.

And the attempt to say it was lack of experience at Thompson ain't gonna fly. Very few of those that were there were new to Thompson, most had plenty of experience at Thompson.

You seem to know a lot detail about a race your weren't at. Twitter truth? There isn't wrecking on the Tour? Yer kidding right? Let's talk respect.

This guy might know a thing or two about it. http://briandanko.speedwaylinereport.com/

"“When I first raced, the fast cars started in the back every week and you only had 50 laps to get to the front. That is where you learned to drive. The kids today couldn’t do that because on the (modified) tour, the fastest cars start up front so you don’t have to pass anyone.”

I wonder which tour he's talking about.
    the ROC rules!! / Pacin ain't Racin
    " honey!! I can't sleep, turn on the CUP race will ya?"

What would you guys complain about without racing haha. You guys need to go fishing and relax. Oh yeah its to hot, to many bugs, fish were not where they were supposed to be, the guy next to you was to loud,to many boats on the water haha.

The SBM 125 last year had only one caution for a spin and was over in 37 minutes, so it can be done. Maybe the speed dispairity between cars on the VMRS contributed to some of the issues? The slowest cars in the SBM race last year were champion drivers Dwight Jarvis and Chuck Steuer, who both had handling issues but know how to control their cars. Still, if you take away lap 22 of the Thompson event, that race is over in an hour with a lot more cars running at the end.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by MOD11RACER View Post
    What the hell has happened to the MRS ? Why are they even racing at Thompson ? It's not for the purse or point fund money that's for sure.

Go back to the bullrings. Get rid of the Heat races that are meaningless. They started everyone last night, so why run heat races and use up good equipment for nothing. Go to a handicap system and start everybody on fresh tires. Take the top 18 in pionts and invert them.

Some of those drivers don't even belong on the that Speedway.

The MRS lost its way when it started going to Stafford and Thompson. Now the WMT drivers and teams and ex big money teams dominate the MRS.

Jack put your ego in your back pocket and bring this Tour back to respectability.

Stop putting everyone in the back for a little bump and tell the starter to stop acting like an ass on the stand. It's embarrassing.

Riverhead 100 laps, 26 start, 20 finish, great racing and no wrecked Mods, not one. Something is very wrong in MRS land.
    I guess you better check on the May 26th Mod feature at the head, see it happens in all series or tracks

They should not have started every car, there were a few who were not up to speed and didnt have a good handle. That being said, most of the weekly divisions had a tough night as well with a lot less cars out there. It was just a bad night, leave it at that. Every division has a night or two they would like to forget about and put behind them.

I think the bigger issue or area of concern was the state of the Thompson weekly racing program, 3 out of their 6 weekly divisions had 10 cars or less which doesnt look good on the 5/8 mile track.

Quote Originally Posted by csg View Post
    They should not have started every car, there were a few who were not up to speed and didnt have a good handle. That being said, most of the weekly divisions had a tough night as well with a lot less cars out there. It was just a bad night, leave it at that. Every division has a night or two they would like to forget about and put behind them.

I think the bigger issue or area of concern was the state of the Thompson weekly racing program, 3 out of their 6 weekly divisions had 10 cars or less which doesnt look good on the 5/8 mile track.
    I absolutely commend and thank the track for starting all the cars, in this economy its a huge help to "All" the teams not only financially, but also the lesser experienced teams to get seat time.... If they don't get a chance to run the whole distance how do they gain valuable seat time. Really the cars that seemed off the pace did they really cause any of the accidents ?? They might of become part of them but who wasn't. It was a nice throw back to days that they had that many cars to actually start a feature. I know the outcome wasn't what anybody wanted. But I just can't seem to blame it on car count. I do agree the weekly divisions car count was horrendous. I hope that's not a sign of what's to come.

I think the back markers had a couple of minor spins. They were certainly not the main reason the racing went long. I wish I posted earlier when the memory was a little fresher. I have tried to forget all about the events of that evening. When I left I noticed it was 9.30, I had expected to be out of there around 630-7pm with the amount of cars they had in the weekly divisions. I was left trying to figure out where things went horribly wrong.

I agree with your premise to a certain extent, it is good the back markers make some money and get seat time but not at the expense of a good show. If they are going to start every car, they need to black flag the really slow cars off the track once they are lapped before they cause an incident. The difference in speed between the haves and the have nots was significant. Also if you spin 2 times without assistance that's it, get them off the track.

Thread Information