Racerhub.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thompson: Complete Disaster

Thompson: Complete Disaster

What the hell has happened to the MRS ? Why are they even racing at Thompson ? It's not for the purse or point fund money that's for sure.

Go back to the bullrings. Get rid of the Heat races that are meaningless. They started everyone last night, so why run heat races and use up good equipment for nothing. Go to a handicap system and start everybody on fresh tires. Take the top 18 in pionts and invert them.

Some of those drivers don't even belong on the that Speedway.

The MRS lost its way when it started going to Stafford and Thompson. Now the WMT drivers and teams and ex big money teams dominate the MRS.

Jack put your ego in your back pocket and bring this Tour back to respectability.

Stop putting everyone in the back for a little bump and tell the starter to stop acting like an ass on the stand. It's embarrassing.

Riverhead 100 laps, 26 start, 20 finish, great racing and no wrecked Mods, not one. Something is very wrong in MRS land.

yes it sounds like it was a disaster ,but in there defense every division has those nights. Just look at the wmt's stats so far this year and other than stafford there just as bad. Thompson had 45 laps of 150 under caution with only 13 of 29 finishing, Stafford was good , only 33 0f 200 under caution with most finishing, but the fans definitely didn't get there moneys worth at the manadnock , no passing and 60 of 175 spent following the pace car.

HA!!!!! MOD11RACER, you beat me to it.

C'mon all you green-laps-only-count advocates, defend this disaster. How will the MRS make sure this doesn't happen again?

NWMT Thompson and Stafford had way too many single car spins, very strange, and frankly, they could go easy on the yellow... cars should try a bit harder to get going on their own after a solo spin. Monadnock was a pretty good short track event. If you go over caution lap stats for the NWMT for the last couple years, it comes out to 28-30% caution laps on average. So the 45 of 150 and the 60 of 175 are right in the average range. Nothing to brag about, should be better.

Does any one know where the race stats for the MRS are posted? Things like cautions, caution laps, etc., like the NWMT does.

Texts I sent:

7:46 Lap 17

8:27 Lap 26

8:46 Lap 51

8:54 Lap 56

Quote Originally Posted by Acadia View Post
    HA!!!!! MOD11RACER, you beat me to it.

C'mon all you green-laps-only-count advocates, defend this disaster. How will the MRS make sure this doesn't happen again?

NWMT Thompson and Stafford had way too many single car spins, very strange, and frankly, they could go easy on the yellow... cars should try a bit harder to get going on their own after a solo spin. Monadnock was a pretty good short track event. If you go over caution lap stats for the NWMT for the last couple years, it comes out to 28-30% caution laps on average. So the 45 of 150 and the 60 of 175 are right in the average range. Nothing to brag about, should be better.

Does any one know where the race stats for the MRS are posted? Things like cautions, caution laps, etc., like the NWMT does.
    Funny how the Tour defenders now want the MRS "to make sure it won't happen again". EVERY race series has nights like this. IT HAPPENS.

This race had 35 cars (all) started and the +/_ points system does mean something ( you guys just don't like it). 3 lead changes are exactly 3 more

than the last Tour event. ( are you feeling the heat or something?). Someone also explain to me how guys who don't run Thompson regular are going to

get better by not running there. Sorry... it was a bad night on the MRS. I'll call Jack and make sure it doesn't happen again. Enjoy your Kool-Aid.
    the ROC rules!! / Pacin ain't Racin
    " honey!! I can't sleep, turn on the CUP race will ya?"

75 green laps took 1 hour and 48 minutes to complete, with 10 cautions.

What was the longest run?

If averaged, that would be 7-8 laps per green run. That was a bunch of restarts interrupted by cautions. Hardly any racing there.

When that happens, it doesn't matter how many cars started, or lead changes. It was a bunch of restarts interrupted by cautions. There should be a mercy rule, like in softball... so many cautions and the race is over, or when the third caution happens, the race converts to all laps count, or put a time limit in place.

MRS runs a softer compound tire than the NWMT and should have better grip. Don't blame the tires.

Ill defend the tire issue, maybe softer but not better, ive driven on both. mrs tires are pretty used up after 50 laps . some of the wmt regulars showed that when they have run mrs races with the same car only difference was tires and lap times were on average around 1 second slower . plus you have to figure the rules into it, mrs gets one set, so scuff, qualify , and race was probably close to 100 laps, you couldnt do that on wmt. Not defending either series, just adding a drivers perspective from the couch. And like utica stated how are they going to get better without racing there.
    Last edited by nofenders; 05-24-2012 at 05:37 PM.

Mod11 and big a are juat mad that mrs at both mad dog and thompson got thier butts kicked in car counts even though the purse is "4x" more lol. So lets see wmt at thompson the last 2 races total carnage. Mrs has one bad race and omg......lol. can you blame the mrs guys.....they just wanna be like thier big brothers..... knee slappa......lol omg!

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by bud View Post
    Mod11 and big a are juat mad that mrs at both mad dog and thompson got thier butts kicked in car counts even though the purse is "4x" more lol. So lets see wmt at thompson the last 2 races total carnage. Mrs has one bad race and omg......lol. can you blame the mrs guys.....they just wanna be like thier big brothers..... knee slappa......lol omg!
    Being a part of the race I can honestly say "it was pretty bad". I'm thinking that it was a lack of respect for each other, among issues. But as previously posted IT HAPPENS. All divisions, all tracks. Remember the World Series WMT Carnage. Most of the divisions Sunday night were disastrous....Blame the moon, Blame the eclipse, Blame anything...
    I do know it will be a interesting drivers meeting at Seekonk....
    By the way, I know my car wont finish with 18 gallons of fuel now.

how many laps did u run

Two years ago I was at a WoO race at Fulton. A 40 lap main should last 15 mins ,20 tops. They had so many cautions, spins mostly, and wrecks they had to red flag the event

to fuel the cars. 40 laps!!!! it was. I left after 2 more cautions cause I was so pizzed. (That race might not be over yet)..... The MRS IMO, should adopt the ROC one tire in

the feature rule at tracks like THompson and maybe the 80 lappers at Stafford. Those sticky Hoosiers do wear out quick that's true but I don't think that was the biggest

problem. Mike Holdridge was on Speedway line Report Monday and more or less echo'd RacerJoe's thoughts. Steve Masse..you here? Your thoughts?
    the ROC rules!! / Pacin ain't Racin
    " honey!! I can't sleep, turn on the CUP race will ya?"

Three lead changes, a decent car count and the racing still sucked. What does that tell you about lead changes and car counts? It's quality, not quantity that counts.

It was painful to watch the Twitter feed, I feel sorry for those that were there, such as those posting here and other blogs.

racerjoe, I was wondering about fuel... great comment. ;-)

It's not just a lack of respect for each other as it is a lack of respect for the sport compounded with profound lack of consideration of consequences. Some of these drivers that just hit anything around them look like idiots and they don't care about what they wreck. NWMT has clamped down on careless driving, that is obvious. There is much less wrecking due to careless and selfish driving.

People don't want to see wrecking, wrecking ain't racing.

And the attempt to say it was lack of experience at Thompson ain't gonna fly. Very few of those that were there were new to Thompson, most had plenty of experience at Thompson.
    Last edited by Acadia; 05-22-2012 at 11:00 PM. Reason: Typos

I almost hate to weigh in to the fray.
    Thompson weekly divisions did not have a stellar day first. The last two Tour events have also been woolly. The Icebreaker even had the big one in turn one.

Modified racing in general just has too many wrecks. The cars too fast? Equality in the field? Move instead of pass? No respect?
    The MRS has a pretty good record of trying to promote racing clean.

It's not MRS but SK and Tour also that this happens. Over all it is not good for the mods.

Quote Originally Posted by nofenders View Post
    yes it sounds like it was a disaster ,but in there defense every division has those nights. Just look at the wmt's stats so far this year and other than stafford there just as bad. Thompson had 45 laps of 150 under caution with only 13 of 29 finishing, Stafford was good , only 33 0f 200 under caution with most finishing, but the fans definitely didn't get there moneys worth at the manadnock , no passing and 60 of 175 spent following the pace car.
    Spoken like somebody who wasn't at Monadnock. The feature started at 7:30 and was over by 9pm. All but one of those caution flags were for minor spins. Nascar didn't even need to throw the yellow for a couple of them and they put out the red to clean up the 79's wreck and save laps. The race had plenty of action. Both the 36 and 52 were side by side with the 16 for several laps throughout the race. I think just about everybody who went had an enjoyable time. I'm usually the first to complain about the yellows but Monadnock was a good show. Thompson can't buy a break these days.

I have no idea what your talking about when you mentioned the WMTs first visit to Bristol. It was a fantastic show. Best of that seasons schedule.
    Last edited by BigMac; 05-22-2012 at 10:18 PM.

The 1st Trip to Bristol had one caution in the 1st 75 laps, and that was caused by a Cup Driver.
    I Love The Modifieds!!!!!

Thread Information