Thread: This past Saturdays Modified feature

This past Saturdays Modified feature

I will say that the mod race had some pretty good racing. However, I have a few comments and or questions.

1. Twin 30's, No. A 60 lapper with competition caution, yes. I have commented in the past, why not seperate the so called twins. I think some who suffered damage sat. would have liked the opportunity to make repairs and race, however I do understand the purse issue.
    2. Ryan Preece gets dumped by Teddy, I guess because it was just a matter of fact that Ryan was better than him and TC would have none of that. Why didn't them send him to the rear of the field for rough riding?
    3. Tommy Rogers, yes a good driver, however he gets shuffled up in the field gets roughed up and then lets his temper get the best of him and goes after Ken Darch and intentionally takes his fustrations out on him by ramming him. Again no action by the officials, even Bob Finan made a comment as to the issue. He should have been sat down for the night. He has had these issues before. Another fact, if he was driving my car that would have been his last ride. I would have told him myself to park it, take your helmet and find something else to drive. These cars are way to expensive to run as it is without actions like that.
    4. Don Howe, a multi time champion just cant seem to get things down and when things are looking better he's in the wrong place at the wrong time. No offense to him, however, Some love JR and some love to hate him, however he did in fact provide some good exitement when he was in the 2. Is he still down south, being a bad boy, not getting along with dad or does he just not want to race. I did see he made a start down south earlier in the year.

not sticking up for TC but he was clearly hit from behind into preece
    R.I.P Poppy. The best turn 3 beer man Riverhead Raceway has ever seen and the best grandfather anyone could ask for!Tony Mastrangelo 7-10-35 to 12-29-02 R.I.P. 03, 1, 7, 66, 93 rip wild bill

I don't really agree, but I won't argue, just remember Teddy has a reputation for doing that. They wrote an article about him years back in stock car racing magazine. He was quoted saying he will hit you once to let you know he is there, twice to move and the third time he'll move you. Ryan had a car to beat, he was running the outside grove all night, if Teddy didn't send him around imo he would have made it by and picked everyone else off one at a time.

In any event there in no better racing but modified racing. I am away on business upstae and may check out Chemung on Sunday.

Thread Information