Racerhub.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Star SBM 125 June 16th

Star SBM 125 June 16th

The big race is only 2 weeks away. Do we have an official and/or unofficial entry list yet? I know its hard to get an exact list with these open shows but t sounds like most of the "heavy hitters" will be there.

The early entry list has been sent to multiple outlets, including The Chrome Horn for posting.

On the front page....
    ..Richie Grodski
    TheChromeHorn.com
    www.TheChromeHorn.com | RGrodski@thechromehorn.com
    The RacerHub Network
    www.thechromehorn.com | www.longislandjam.com
    Old modifieds never die.........They just get updated.........

Thanks Richie! I left out Richard Savary, who makes it 28 official early entries. The only conflicting weather forecast for Saturday is if it will be a high of 75 77 or 80. Sunny all weekend. I will try to get the schedule released tonight, but it hasn't really changed. Gates open at 11, practice from 1:30-3:00 PM for the Mods. Concert at 4:50, First heat at 5:30, Mod heats not before 6:00 PM to accomodate any late arriving fans. SBM 125 at approx. 8:30. Last years race took 34 minutes to complete. 125 green flag laps and a redraw or invert for starting positions to encourage passing for the lead, and the lap money.

Looks like a pretty good line up... should be a great event.

Any body know any results tonight ..from star 125 laps????

They are still racing. Check out the live coverage on FaceBook!!!

Matt Hirschman over Ryan preece. After that I am not sure of the official finish as they were spinning across the finish line. It was a good show, there was a good field of cars, a lot of pit strategy and passing. They had a band play during some down time which I thought was a great idea. My only issue, they did take too much time to get the main event going after the last weekly series race. All in all I enjoyed the show.

As mentioned above, we covered it all on Facebook!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/thechromehorn
    ..Richie Grodski
    TheChromeHorn.com
    www.TheChromeHorn.com | RGrodski@thechromehorn.com
    The RacerHub Network
    www.thechromehorn.com | www.longislandjam.com
    Old modifieds never die.........They just get updated.........

Great Crowd, good amount of cars, 4 went home but I think all should have started. Racing was great under green but way to much wrecking and lots of post race drama in the pits after the races. All in All Kevin Rice deserves a huge pat on the back...
    Jason Thompson

Twitter- @Spotter_Jason

https://www.facebook.com/JasonThompson2004

Here is the official finish from Star Speedway June 16th Open Show:
    Finish Driver: Car #:
    1 Matt Hirschman 59
    2 Ryan Preece 40
    3 Josh Cantara 71
    4 Mike Stefanik 66
    5 Dwight Jarvis 28
    6 Bobby Santos 44
    7 Jim Boniface 88
    8 Doug Coby 52
    9 Richie Pallai 39
    10 Todd Szegedy 02
    11 Charlie Pasteryak 15
    12 Jon McKennedy 2
    13 Chris Pasteryak 5
    14 Andy Seuss 70
    15 Max Zachem 78
    16 Jacob Dore 05
    17 Louie Mechalides 85
    18 Les Hinckley 06
    19 Richard Ferreira 56
    20 Jim Storace 47
    21 Tommy Barrett 9
    22 Richard Savary 99
    23 Mike Douglas Jr. 23
    24 Todd Patnode 24

That was a tough one. A ton of yellows. The WMT guys ran hard and clean all night. It was the back of the pack that couldn't get their stuff straight. I think I counted 3 guys who brought out the yellow at least three times each. At any rate, it is still a great event and I look forward to going back in 2013. They had a big crowd on hand last night too. I absolutely love the 1 tire change. Guys would come in for that one tire and go out and pass half the field. All the tours should implement that rule asap.

What was the deal with the 06? His motor was popping and breaking up and he kept coming back out. He never caused a yellow but man it was tough to watch. I thought he was trying to blow it up. To bad really. Before his motor went south he was getting it done on the outside.
    Last edited by BigMac; 06-17-2012 at 08:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BigMac View Post

What was the deal with the 06? His motor was popping and breaking up and he kept coming back out. He never caused a yellow but man it was tough to watch. I thought he was trying to blow it up. To bad really. Before his motor went south he was getting it done on the outside.
    He had a 2 doller wire brake off or near the MSD BOX from what I saw.
    Jason Thompson

Twitter- @Spotter_Jason

https://www.facebook.com/JasonThompson2004

Quote Originally Posted by BigMac View Post
    That was a tough one. A ton of yellows. The WMT guys ran hard and clean all night. It was the back of the pack that couldn't get their stuff straight. I think I counted 3 guys who brought out the yellow at least three times each. At any rate, it is still a great event and I look forward to going back in 2013. They had a big crowd on hand last night too. I absolutely love the 1 tire change. Guys would come in for that one tire and go out and pass half the field. All the tours should implement that rule asap.

Totally agree. A feature that could have started at a little past 8pm and didn't finish until almost 11pm is in need of time management.

There were 3 or 4 backmarkers that were causing most of the issues. Hinckley didn't show a lot of sense running around the track with his motor misfiring like that, someone should have told him the race wasn’t paying any Sprint Cup points. Storace & Savary were two other drivers suffering from a lack of oxygen to the brain.

Apparently some drivers need to cause 5 or 6 yellows before they figure out it's not their night.

What's the deal with Mike Stefanik?

Since getting canned from the 16 he's been racing like a total ass. He reminds me of the 40 something guy still playing rec league basketball and throwing elbows all over the place to try and keep up with the younger players.
    Last edited by rim runner; 06-18-2012 at 08:58 AM.

In spite of the negative comments here this was a damn good show. Yes, too many yellows from the same cars spinning ( maybe a 3 spin and your in rule should be implemented) but otherwise some fantastic racing went on here. I think the ROC style (1 tire change, all green) format was perfect for this event and lends itself to
    different strategies to get the win. Crewing for Matt was beyond fun and our very quick tire change showed us ROC guys ain't half bad at the pit stop thing. I thought
    we came in too late (what do I know ?) and he was still running good into the lap 80's but made the call. It was still a gamble but one he thought worth taking. I think it worked LOL. Matt's intensity and focus makes those around him a little better too and it shows no matter where he goes to race. I got to meet Bobby Webber Jr and wished him well as he tries to bring Star back. Meeting and talking to Mario Fiore was also a highlight. Some good cars (and good guys) had more than their share of trouble last night, Andy and Les, and that was too bad. I too was surprised at Mike Stefanik using more that his share of the track early with Matt on the outside , glad the officials did the right thing there. This was my second visit to Star and hope to get there again. I love these NE bullrings.

Some THANK YOUs are due. First to the J&J boys for the invite to help. The staff at Star. The (mostly) MRS officials and their hard work and of course Kevin Rice especially
    for not giving up after last year and I certainly hope he brings it back in 13'. The last thank you goes to all those that attended and supported the race with their cash.
    Yes, this was a throw back to the open shows of the past and I hope we see more.
    the ROC rules!! / Pacin ain't Racin
    " honey!! I can't sleep, turn on the CUP race will ya?"

Thread Information