Thread: Wearing many hats...

Wearing many hats...

As you all have noticed recently, I've been playing the role as Tech Official, Head Flagger, Race Director, Webmaster, Promoter, and just about everything else that I have to fill in for.....

Taking on all of these roles can be overwhelming, but the one and ONLY thing I can say is that things will be changing.

Rules will be enforced strictly by the book. No grey areas, no questions. If there is something questionable, you best have an answer for it. If there is something that is wrong, it will result in a DQ... I know everyone has enough time behind the wheel and under the hood now to know what stock and legal means. Don't push the boundaries or else you may fall over the line.... I'm not going to give every person a "Fix it next time" deal...sometimes it will be for safety and there is no reason to DQ that person for safety...I may just say "if it is not fixed you will not race"...

I'm under a lot of pressure to perform all of these tasks properly and efficiently, but the one fault we are running into is that my level of experience is very minimal, therefore I will take my time in the tech area before I pass OR fail a car. If you have a complaint about how long it takes to get through tech...then we should all talk about leveling out rules next season and figure out how to make tech easy....easy for us...easy for you.

I'll put up another post about this too.....if you have an idea for our rules... Talking is great, you are able to present your idea and maybe even show me where/what you are talking about on the car itself....however I usually only get the chance to talk at a race. EMAIL ideas to me so I am not overwhelmed trying to understand and process your idea...once it is in writing, I can compare it to our rules, forward it to another contact, series rep. or print it out and discuss it at another race. Talking is good, emailing me ideas is great!!!
    ________Joe the Photo Guy
    {_NEETS_}_____________www.neetsracing.com
    Co-Promoter____________Email: joe@neetsracing.com
    Webmaster_____________Cell#: 267-767-4923
    Photographer ___________Nextel: 168*153450*1

I have an idea Joe. Since you don't have any time now, why don't you start "SEETS". Southeast Enduro Touring Series so I can keep driving in a NEETS style series. Make it for the older racers since there's so many of us old farts in Florida. Minimum age 55 but not the speed limit.

Poppop

Quote Originally Posted by Poppop View Post
    I have an idea Joe. Since you don't have any time now, why don't you start "SEETS". Southeast Enduro Touring Series so I can keep driving in a NEETS style series. Make it for the older racers since there's so many of us old farts in Florida. Minimum age 55 but not the speed limit.

Poppop
    I think it should be called "FEETS". Florida Elderly Enduro Touring Series
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

Thread Information