View Poll Results: Yes, no, where??

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'd go anywhere!!!

13 76.47%
  • Yes, but only if it were located in PA.

4 23.53%
  • Yes, but only if it were located in NJ.

0 0%
  • No, I only like left turns...

0 0%

Thread: Racing in circles and other shapes....

Question Racing in circles and other shapes....

Am I talking about road course enduro racing....YES I AM!

A lot of talk recently has been going around that NEETS should sanction a road course enduro... I'm all for it! But, it won't be happening in 2012....our schedule is WAY TOO FULL. But, looking forward to 2013...it is always possible.

Now, the main question...who's in? And....where would you prefer?
    ________Joe the Photo Guy
    {_NEETS_}_____________www.neetsracing.com
    Co-Promoter____________Email: joe@neetsracing.com
    Webmaster_____________Cell#: 267-767-4923
    Photographer ___________Nextel: 168*153450*1

I'm in, full all out, but I think one rule change... locked rears. Pocono speedway!!!

Great idea Joe! I am all for it as well. I have had a little bit of experience with enduro road courses over the recent years, one race at New Jersey Motorsports track down in south Jersey and 2 races at Englishtown (Raceway Park) in NJ. Both were lots of fun, but I would recommend Englishtown for a few reasons.

The track at NJ Motorsporst was awesome with it's track being over two miles long and a straight a way the seemingly never ended, but the problem I found with an enduro car (at least mine) is that the track is too big for a "stock" car. Not enough gear to handle the long straights, and with it's tight turns I seemed to be bogged down with an automatic transmission. Not to mention real tough on the brakes (well more than the usual abuse and heating up). Plus it is very far for most of us including the Jersey folks.

Englishtown - Raceway Park has an excellent 1-1/4 mile road course track which seems t be built for enduro "stock" cars. It has challenging turns, a little bit of up and down elevations and a straight a way that seems to be right at the rpm max of stock gears. It even has a banked left turn by the stands for all those who long for a nice "left" turn. Also Raceway Park is in Englishtown, NJ - centrally located in NJ for an easy commute, even for the PA folks.

By the way, keep the enduro rules (like 100 laps and a rolling start like in cirlce track) and not necessarily the road rally rules (like a two hour, timed multi driver race with a staggered time start).

Quote Originally Posted by ParisiRacing44 View Post
    By the way, keep the enduro rules (like 100 laps and a rolling start like in cirlce track) and not necessarily the road rally rules (like a two hour, timed multi driver race with a staggered time start).

I like this!!

I've raced at Englishtown and New Jersey Motorsports Park (NJMP) also and had fun at both places. Although NJMP is a much nicer facility, with the limited number of cars that would probably show up, Englishtown would probably be a better choice because the smaller track would produce better action.

I'm assuming that we would mix both big and small cars as was done in the races I participated in. I like the idea of a timed event (if done properly). I also like the idea of allowing more than one driver. Maybe a single trophy for best team.
    How about this... I 'll put up a $100 for the best finishing team, if we do have a road course race next year AND there is more than one team.

Count the 310 in where ever. For NJMP I shifted betweem 2nd and high gear with my automatic transmission. It worked just fine. If I had to vote it would be NJMP.

I would probably have to least two cars there for a road course race. Count me in!

i'd be there, wonder if Robby Gordon would be available that weekend hmmm.....
    How Rowdy do you like it?

www.luckyduckyracing.net

Mountain Speedway Co-Announcer

I understand Englishtown has a "rally cross" track. Which is a road course with mixed surfaces paved for Petey and dirt for everyone else. A course with both surfaces would neutralize the advantage drivers have for either dirt or asphalt. And make for a better race. JMO. I would be in for a road course either way. I have been on 2 of Pocono's road courses. Problem with Pocono is expense. $ 150 I recall. They were not races but practice and timed laps. Also having turned Autocross "laps " at 5 other facilities in my Corvair. I would look forward to Racing on a road course. COUNT ME IN. Wanted to add that the $150 I paid to turn laps at Pocono was during the day on a weekday. They have many clubs renting the facility.

phil
    Last edited by Philter39; 06-14-2012 at 05:12 PM.

Hell Yes !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Philter39 View Post
    I understand Englishtown has a "rally cross" track. Which is a road course with mixed surfaces paved for Petey and dirt for everyone else. A course with both surfaces would neutralize the advantage drivers have for either dirt or asphalt. And make for a better race. JMO. I would be in for a road course either way. I have been on 2 of Pocono's road courses. Problem with Pocono is expense. $ 150 I recall. They were not races but practice and timed laps. Also having turned Autocross "laps " at 5 other facilities in my Corvair. I would look forward to Racing on a road course. COUNT ME IN.
    Count me in !!! and this rallye course sounds Perfect !!!!!!!!, and also the idea of multiple drivers is great!! LETS DO THIS !!!!!!!!!!!
    MADDAWG

count me in too. i think car counts would be better at one of the road courses at pocono raceway because it is in pa. you would not have to deal with the strict new jersey saftey rules. however, if u raced at a road course in new jersey i would be there. my car is jersey legal and it would be close to home. so count me in either way.

Yuuup![SIZE=5]I'm in![/SIZE]

Another shape to think about on asphalt is FIGURE 8! I was watching some videos on youtube and it looks pretty intense! It will really keep you on your toes - looks fun but challenging! I'd love to try it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOiag5NVsmA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSbO2wYO_2U

Thread Information