Racerhub.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NWMT Loudon Half Time Show

NWMT Loudon Half Time Show

Let's not distort the thread about the purse cuts anymore, so let's discuss the half time show here... carry on...
    Last edited by Acadia; 06-20-2012 at 12:03 PM. Reason: typos
    “Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." -Abraham Lincoln

I will appreciate the break at half way as it will allow me to sit for about 5 minutes from standing the first half of the race and the last half of the race from the excitement of watching 30 cars battling around the Magic Mile! Can't wait for this race!!

In All Honesty for People who are saying they aren't going to the race because of the reduced purse and the halfway break aren't fan's of the WMT because, In my eyes the same Drivers are going to be there weather it's 100 laps 150 laps 200 laps, halfway break, no halfway break, racing for $10,000 to win or racing for $4,000 to win. I am there supporting the men (and sometimes woman) who "LIVE BY THE GRACE OF GOD AND 600HP". These guys are the greatest drivers, driving the greatest cars in Nascar and not to Support because you aren't happy with some behind the scenes stuff is ridiculous! I don't let what goes on behind the scenes effect my entertainment of the race, I buy the ticket to be entertained and entertained I will be! Can't knock the race until after it is over.
    Last edited by Magicshoes12; 06-20-2012 at 01:27 PM.

Worth noting that of the three races at NHMS last year, the caution counts were 2, 10, 4. The 10 was the second-highest total ever at the track, so you could almost consider throwing that one out, and if you did, that would have meant an average of 3 cautions periods per race. The last 10 races there have averaged 6 caution periods, including the two highest totals ever (the 10 last year, and 11 in 9/09).

I'm not saying the decreased number of caution periods in recent years justifies adding a competition caution, I'm just noting that it's not like there is a real problem with cautions here.

Also remember, if we have a naturally-occurring caution in the neighborhood of halfway, it could turn into the competition caution.

Reduce Yellow Flags

Well, then throw out the 2 caution race too, that was way off on the other end of the spectrum. If 6 naturally occurring cautions is average and accurate, then it looks like there will be one right before "go time", and there will be no need for the comp caution. If my memory is any damn good, the cautions usually come in the first and last 20-25 laps. Holding off until 75 laps should not be a problem unless you are worried about the spec motors running out of fuel. Six natural cautions are not all that bad. One competition caution is horrible and one too many.

Quote Originally Posted by NWMT PR View Post
    Worth noting that of the three races at NHMS last year, the caution counts were 2, 10, 4. The 10 was the second-highest total ever at the track, so you could almost consider throwing that one out, and if you did, that would have meant an average of 3 cautions periods per race. The last 10 races there have averaged 6 caution periods, including the two highest totals ever (the 10 last year, and 11 in 9/09).

I'm not saying the decreased number of caution periods in recent years justifies adding a competition caution, I'm just noting that it's not like there is a real problem with cautions here.

Also remember, if we have a naturally-occurring caution in the neighborhood of halfway, it could turn into the competition caution.
    Last edited by Acadia; 06-24-2012 at 10:41 AM.
    “Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." -Abraham Lincoln

Please NASCAR, do not mess with the Loudon race.

It needs promotion to increase attendance to increase revenue.

Refuel?

Will refueling be allowed in the competition caution?

Quote Originally Posted by NWMT PR View Post

Can you explain to me how I'm going to explain to my four coworkers who are going to see their first mod race that we're having a half time break?? After four years of touting the mods of the WMT and VMRS, they finally wanna see their first race. I don't know how to get them to stop laughing at this other than get them drunk first. Any scheduled stop in competitive racing is just BAD. Don't care if it's cars, bikes, boats, planes etc.

Quote Originally Posted by MXCHAMP04 View Post
    Can you explain to me how I'm going to explain to my four coworkers who are going to see their first mod race that we're having a half time break?? After four years of touting the mods of the WMT and VMRS, they finally wanna see their first race. I don't know how to get them to stop laughing at this other than get them drunk first. Any scheduled stop in competitive racing is just BAD. Don't care if it's cars, bikes, boats, planes etc.
    Tell them to enjoy the best racing of the weekend and thanks for bringing in 4 new fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaws View Post
    Tell them to enjoy the best racing of the weekend and thanks for bringing in 4 new fans.
    You see. That's just it. If you're new to racing, and you have been watching some cup races, you would have to ask yourself, "why are they having a break in the middle of the race". Are these guys tired, are they rookies????? These questions will surely be going through their minds, and I have no answer for them. Theyre not gonna know a thing about the purse, the gear rule or spec motors. They only know what they see on the track, and that's a race that's stopped half way through the race. I can see it now. "Hey jim, why are they pulling off the track and the red flag is coming out" Reply "ahhhh heck if I know, just keep drinking ya dummy". I just might skip it and go straight to Canaan with these guys. It's on the same day.

I can see it now. "Hey jim, why are they pulling off the track and the red flag is coming out" Reply "ahhhh heck if I know, just keep drinking ya dummy".
    Okay, you are just cracking me up with this, even though it is all true.

Keep them loaded up with beer so when a yellow flies, you tell them it's the best time to pee... run for it so they never see the stupid red flag.

Bruton Smith wants 'timeouts'

http://espn.go.com/racing/nascar/cup...atory-cautions

As far as the WMT I'm not in favor of timeouts by any means, but if they need one it should be of the mandatory caution variety otherwise there is no pit strategy and they just line the cars back up where they pitted. As for what they do at the cup level I don't really care. But if Smith is on board there is no hope for Loudon.

You see. That's just it. If you're new to racing, and you have been watching some cup races, you would have to ask yourself, "why are they having a break in the middle of the race". Are these guys tired, are they rookies????? These questions will surely be going through their minds, and I have no answer for them. Theyre not gonna know a thing about the purse, the gear rule or spec motors. They only know what they see on the track, and that's a race that's stopped half way through the race. I can see it now. "Hey jim, why are they pulling off the track and the red flag is coming out" Reply "ahhhh heck if I know, just keep drinking ya dummy". I just might skip it and go straight to Canaan with these guys. It's on the same day.
    Its not funny its sad, how about first timers that come in here and read all this crap.

If Nascar was serious about making things more exciting they would bring back tire wars at every level. Good Year vs Hoosier was what helped make the tour. I think Nascar's decision to go with one tire company really hurt the WMT. Having 2 tires manufacturers would provide a whole lot of intrigue at the cup level as well.

Quote Originally Posted by BigMac View Post
    If Nascar was serious about making things more exciting they would bring back tire wars at every level. Good Year vs Hoosier was what helped make the tour. I think Nascar's decision to go with one tire company really hurt the WMT. Having 2 tires manufacturers would provide a whole lot of intrigue at the cup level as well.
    Several drivers got hurt during the last Cup "Tire Wars", you won't see that again.

It was NOT NASCAR that made WMT one tire brand,it was GoodYear that withdrew. ( Granted NASCAR was pushing for one tire brand GoodYear ,BUT they withdrew leaving Hoosier ) An they are doing a Great Job.

Thread Information