Racerhub.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Start and Park

Start and Park

The WMT teams should do what the Nationwide and Cup series teams do. Start and Park at Loudon. When the green flag falls and starting on lap 2 one car should drop out on every lap until one car is left racing. The Modifieds do not need Loudon anymore. Run the Speedbowl 3 times a year. It would be a cost savings to the teams. Isn't that what NASCAR keeps telling us ? They have to save the Tour owners money and NASCAR knows best. Hell NASCAR doesn't even know what a Modified is. Never mind the cost of one or the cost to run one.

Look Ryan Newman running all by himself with his Spec Motor.

Jason what do you think ?

How about you Chad any comment ? Big time cost savings.

Definitely would make a statement.....would they spank them all like they did Teddy.... will never happen. Heck in a perfect world Bruton would get wind of this and spank whoever made this decision and give the mods a pay hike to make up for the bs thats going on now. Btw I can see way less northern teams headed to bristol!

Great Quote from Doug Coby.......As far as the purse reduction at Loudon, N.H., Saturday’s winner Doug Coby said despite the cuts, the purse, including the winner’s share, is still the best of the 14 races on the tour, and drivers should take heed of that.

“Nobody has to pay Modified drivers or a team to go to a track. That’s an important thing to remember,” Coby said. “People can say everybody should win this much money at Loudon … or that the Stafford 125 should pay more than it does, (but) the bottom line is that everyone has a choice as to whether they walk into the pits that day.

“I have a choice, as the point leader, that if I don’t agree with what they’re doing at Loudon, I don’t have to show up. I can go and sit in my pool all day. I will be there because I want to race in the series and I want to represent my team and my family and go out there and have a good time. I don’t care what their rules are. They could run a 35-lap feature at Loudon and I will still go out there and run it.”

Rest of the Article....http://www.norwichbulletin.com/sport...#axzz1yoU33cUu
    Last edited by Magicshoes12; 06-25-2012 at 10:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Magicshoes12 View Post
    Great Quote from Doug Coby.......As far as the purse reduction at Loudon, N.H., Saturday’s winner Doug Coby said despite the cuts, the purse, including the winner’s share, is still the best of the 14 races on the tour, and drivers should take heed of that.

“Nobody has to pay Modified drivers or a team to go to a track. That’s an important thing to remember,” Coby said. “People can say everybody should win this much money at Loudon … or that the Stafford 125 should pay more than it does, (but) the bottom line is that everyone has a choice as to whether they walk into the pits that day.

“I have a choice, as the point leader, that if I don’t agree with what they’re doing at Loudon, I don’t have to show up. I can go and sit in my pool all day. I will be there because I want to race in the series and I want to represent my team and my family and go out there and have a good time. I don’t care what their rules are. They could run a 35-lap feature at Loudon and I will still go out there and run it.”

Very easy to say when you're the current points leader. I've been there many times racing bikes, but the series was messed up. i just went about my business not rustling too many feathers, meanwhile I couldn't stand all the BS, and kept it to myself.

Magicshoes12, pay attention...

Before this season, Coby was considered one of the best drivers without a ride. He was a journeyman driver. May have had a previous full time season, I think it was with Chace. Why has he been without a ride? Three reasons: Funding, funding, and less funding. Now that Coby is running with the means of two blended teams, he is taking the position that he has a choice to run. Amazing what funding can do, eh? Now he's making it sound like he's a fat cat and he decides what he is going to do. They don't decide to go... they look in the checkbook and if there's money, they go. There's no decision, who does he think he's kidding? Do you really think he'd say he doesn't feel like racing today, he'd rather lounge around the pool instead? Go ahead Doug, choose to hang out in the pool instead of racing. See if you ever get another ride. Prior to this season, funding decided what he did and didn't do. And funding decides and enables what he does today. If the blended teams fall apart, he isn't driving. It isn't a decision. This is a full season for Coby and it is tenuous at that due to the blending of two teams. Prior to this season, he would probably say racing was too expensive and the purses didn't pay enough so he could afford to run. So he is ecstatic to be running what he has, and certainly would find only good to say about the situation. He has been looking for a full time ride for years and now has it, even though it is really two part-time rides. After all the ups and downs Coby has had, and time without a ride, he is living a dream right now and is in no position to say anything but love. First and foremost, he is building his brand equity to improve his chances of getting a ride next season. If Coby doesn't march to NASCAR's song, it could get difficult and expensive for his present blended teams, or future team. He can't afford that.

When Coby is fully funding his own operation at the levels of the present top Tour teams, then he can say he decides to race or lounge in his pool. Until then, he has obligations to the teams that are putting him in a ride, or he is harming his chances of ever driving again if he should decide to lounge in his pool instead of drive. He is going to jump at any opportunity to get behind a wheel, no decision there.

And it helps to never disagree with NASCAR no matter what, for they can make things just miserable and expensive. Someone like Christopher has significant brand equity and can tweak NASCAR once in awhile. Someone like Coby has zero brand equity and will be annihilated by NASCAR and nobody will even notice.

And Coby should care, very much, what the rules are.

But what about the talent and owners that aren't running? Don King came back after announcing he was leaving, Art Barry is running MRS, Fiore is gone, Pasteryak, Chace, ... These are modified staples, along with others that don't run anymore. They had a choice and exercised it. In an interview several years ago, Mike Stefanik said the thing that alarms him is the lack of owners willing to run. They can run, but decided not to run anymore. Why did they leave?

Now the reporter should ask drivers like Christopher, Stefanik, Flemke, etc., guys that have been around a long time. Coby, Preece, and Bonsignore are newbies and are just ecstatic to be driving. They don't have the wisdom of Christopher, Stefanik, Flemke, etc. to see where things have come from and the trend.

Quote Originally Posted by Magicshoes12 View Post

Last edited by Acadia; 06-25-2012 at 02:25 PM.
    “Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." -Abraham Lincoln

Doug's "blended team", as you call it, was last year. This year is all with Wayne Darling's equipment for the WMT.
    "A good racer is one whose head is in communication with his balls." - Richie Evans
    "There was only one place you'd find Cale Yarborough's name toward the back: The phone book." - Mike Joy

Acadia, you should get your facts straight before you post. Coby had a full time ride with the 28, and left to drive the #77. The team he is driving for this year is owned 100% by Wayne Darling, not a blended team as you call it. Coby has been around this tour for a very long time, and deserves alot more respect than you are giving him. Believe this Coby has a giant set, and if the situation arose where floating in the pool looked better than racing you can believe he would walk away.

Mike, Coby is a newbie and only seasoned veterans are god's word to Acadia. You will also find out he is never wrong... Chace??? LOL
    ..Richie Grodski
    TheChromeHorn.com
    www.TheChromeHorn.com | RGrodski@thechromehorn.com
    The RacerHub Network
    www.thechromehorn.com | www.longislandjam.com
    Old modifieds never die.........They just get updated.........

Acadia heres to hoping your computer get fully infected with a nice fresh virus.....
    The Tour has become a breeding ground for Al Qaeda members

Shoulda had him paged at Waterford...... LOL
    ..Richie Grodski
    TheChromeHorn.com
    www.TheChromeHorn.com | RGrodski@thechromehorn.com
    The RacerHub Network
    www.thechromehorn.com | www.longislandjam.com
    Old modifieds never die.........They just get updated.........

Quote Originally Posted by MOD11RACER View Post
    The WMT teams should do what the Nationwide and Cup series teams do. Start and Park at Loudon. When the green flag falls and starting on lap 2 one car should drop out on every lap until one car is left racing. The Modifieds do not need Loudon anymore. Run the Speedbowl 3 times a year. It would be a cost savings to the teams. Isn't that what NASCAR keeps telling us ? They have to save the Tour owners money and NASCAR knows best. Hell NASCAR doesn't even know what a Modified is. Never mind the cost of one or the cost to run one.

Look Ryan Newman running all by himself with his Spec Motor.

Jason what do you think ?

How about you Chad any comment ? Big time cost savings.
    Thats the dumbest idea I've ever heard. First off, its not in a drivers DNA to go onto the track and not race. Especially after hauling up to NH and spending two days in tech and practice. As a fan I would probably never go to another race again at any level if they did that. Imagine a dad spending his hard earned money to bring his kids to a race only to have that happen. It would be wrong on so many levels that I don't know where to begin. NHMS still pays more than Waterford(or any other race) so it can't be all bad. Although I still won't go unless they drop the halftime deal. That's how I voice my opinion on matters.

Acadia and the others as far as the veteran drivers speaking there mind to chad and the rest of the nascar officals stefanik flemke did ask to speak there mind at a drivers meeting questioning a restart call i think either last year or the year before they were told the drivers meeting is not the place to adress the issue come in the trailer and we will talk about it here was two veteran drivers asking a question and what did chad and the rest of the officals do they slaped steffy flemkes hand and basically said dont question us look at the black flag call at the ice breaker so why would any veteran driver stick his neck out

Quote Originally Posted by BigMac View Post
    Thats the dumbest idea I've ever heard. First off, its not in a drivers DNA to go onto the track and not race. Especially after hauling up to NH and spending two days in tech and practice. As a fan I would probably never go to another race again at any level if they did that. Imagine a dad spending his hard earned money to bring his kids to a race only to have that happen. It would be wrong on so many levels that I don't know where to begin. NHMS still pays more than Waterford(or any other race) so it can't be all bad. Although I still won't go unless they drop the halftime deal. That's how I voice my opinion on matters.
    I believe the F1 race at indy had a large portion of their field of drivers start and park....and that race isnt run anymore after Indy spent millions putting in that track. And that was done by the drivers for safety reasons. I dont think a strike would do any good, just more harm.

What I dont understand is why someone doesnt pull a car out of the weeds and run around the back to collect a paycheck. There have been short fields at most events this season. Must mean the fee's to enter are too high and you can not possibly make a return running the event unless you finish up front.. Nascar needs to reduce the cost to run an event. I can tell you the basically which cars will be at the races, there is no outsiders coming in to race on the tour for a race or two. When the tour came to Monadnock last year I dont remember one of the regulars weekly series cars running the event at there home track.

it would ge great if the owners and drivers finally did something to catch the eyes of chad and the rest of the tour officals even better how about reporters brian danko a big supporter of the tour polly reid dale wolbrink ron mentus what if they started questioning chad asking for answears on what happening on the tour maybe articles from them might finally put chad and the rest on notice that what they say and do are not whats best for the tour maybe they will listen to the drivers and owners for a change

Quote Originally Posted by csg View Post
    what i dont understand is why someone doesnt pull a car out of the weeds and run around the back to collect a paycheck. There have been short fields at most events this season. Must mean the fee's to enter are too high and you can not possibly make a return running the event unless you finish up front.. Nascar needs to reduce the cost to run an event. I can tell you the basically which cars will be at the races, there is no outsiders coming in to race on the tour for a race or two. When the tour came to monadnock last year i dont remember one of the regulars weekly series cars running the event at there home track.
    bingo.....

Thread Information