Racerhub.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Barrett Suspended by Valenti Modified Racing Series for 2 Races

Barrett Suspended by Valenti Modified Racing Series for 2 Races

as reported by speed51.com

Barrett Suspended by Valenti Modified Racing Series for 2 Races
    VMRS - 7/2/12
    Valenti Modified Racing Series competitor Tommy Barrett, of Millis Mass, has received a two-race suspension and is on probation for the rest of the 2012 season, the result of aggressive driving at Lee USA Speedway, Lee, NH., Friday night, June 29.

Barrett was notified of the series decision on Monday. July 2

Series Race Director Pete Newsham made the announcement following the notification.

“The Valenti Modified Racing Series, since it’s inception, has taken a strong stand on aggressive driving. This is an unfortunate situation but based on the Seekonk issue, and what happened at Lee, the series is forced to take action. We preach respect and patience in this series. Tommy Barrett is a very talented driver. We hope by this decision he will learn from it.”

Barrett was fined and placed on probation by the series for the same infraction after last months race at Seekonk, MA.

Barrett will be eligible to return to competition when the series goes to Thompson International Speedway, Thursday, July 26

And he's yet to receive any purse money for taking the green flag and running 92 of 100 laps? What kind of racing series is the MRS running?

Quote Originally Posted by JE711618 View Post
    And he's yet to receive any purse money for taking the green flag and running 92 of 100 laps? What kind of racing series is the MRS running?
    Simple.
    He was sat down for the rest of the event, not DQ'd.
    Suspension was after the fact for future events.

YO JED, beg to differ with you !!!! That BOGUS MS series considers that kid Disqualified & will not pay him one cent even though he completed 92 laps. And people wonder why I question the legitimacy of that organization. I talked with John Darby @ NHMS & even he said "BOGUS" to MS series. So glad I did most my 30 years of racing with NASCAR. Lucky me, 4 SURE !!

The press release for the Lee race mentions nothing about him being DQ'd and has him listed as finishing 19th. The subsequent press release about him being suspended doesn't mention anything about a DQ at Lee either. It seems like he should receive 19th place pay.
    WMT: Where sk drivers go when they feel the need to wreck more expensive equipment.

"Those who are willing to trade their freedom for security deserve neither and will lose both."
    - Benjamin Franklin

WWRD? (What Would Richie Do?)

Guessing here but I'm thinking Mario and "uncle" Jack don't exchange Christmas cards. I'd love to know why all the vitriol from you Mario. If you don't like the series I get that but the venom just pours out you for the MRS. Kinda scary.
    the ROC rules!! / Pacin ain't Racin
    " honey!! I can't sleep, turn on the CUP race will ya?"

Mario
    I misinterpreted the post as to why he was paid and responded accordingly.
    Bottom line here is a call was made. It is what it is. The question here is Barrett going to put it behind him and go forward? I hope so. He is a young talent and fun to watch. I hope he puts his energy forward rather than dwell on the past.

Jim

JED, everybody wonders why racing @ this level continues it downward trend. Well how about when competitors get "stiffed" by supposed "sanctioning bodies" & use that term to its loosest extent, lol !! Now they put in their rules that they don't even have to pay you if they don't want to. Come'on smell the coffee & wake-up to just how COMPLETLY BOGUS ths phoney organization is. If ever my race car started a race & I got "stiffed" they'd never see me back & would have hell to pay, 4 SURE !!!!

Receiving no money for taking the green and running almost the entire event before being parked is a terrible way to handle your business. Being found illegal in post race inspection would be the only grounds for not receiving purse money. That's been common practice for most tracks and series. Being parked for an altercation that took place during a race and not receiving purse money of any kind doesn't hold water. As Grounderpounder stated, he was listed as finishing 19th. If he was disqualified the results would list him as such without a position listed on the rundown. It's no way to run a series.

Hope people are waking up & see that crap like MRS does is spreading like a cancer. First Jack puts in his rules that he don't have to pay a competitor if he don't feel like it & doesn't as in the Barrett deal & now its reported that Saturday's ROC event @ Oswego paid ZERO to any entrant that didn't complete at least 50 laps. OK all you "defenders of the sport", how's that & everybody wonders why things are going straight "downhill" from when I racesd in the'70's, '80's & '90's. #44 never started any one of the 2000+ events that we competed in & didn't get paid @ least start money. We were unbeknowst to us illegal for 201 laps @ Riverhead in 1997 with Reg & still got paid strat money of over $1,000. Thats what keeps race cars on race tracks. MRS set the precedence of not paying competitors & now its spreading like wildfire. OK JED & Uticamike now you know the reason for the vitriol & venom that pours from Agawam.

Quote Originally Posted by JE711618 View Post
    Receiving no money for taking the green and running almost the entire event before being parked is a terrible way to handle your business. Being found illegal in post race inspection would be the only grounds for not receiving purse money. That's been common practice for most tracks and series. Being parked for an altercation that took place during a race and not receiving purse money of any kind doesn't hold water. As Grounderpounder stated, he was listed as finishing 19th. If he was disqualified the results would list him as such without a position listed on the rundown. It's no way to run a series.
    On the MYLAPS results for this race he is listed as "Not Classifed" DQ.

They can list him as "Hot Dog Vendor" for all I care. The press release from the VMRS office listed him as finishing 19th. The difference in results between MYLAPS and the official press release from the VRMS further proves the disorganization of the series. The point is he ran all but 8 laps and was sat down on a judgement call. It's etiquette. The kid should be paid plain and simple.
    Last edited by JE711618; 07-25-2012 at 09:27 AM.

WAKE-UP PEOPLE !! Hack/Jack does what ever he wants cause he can, its his playground & if he don't feel like payin', he don't. Ask Dale Evonsion, Richard Savary, Todd Annarummo & Tommy Barrett all "stiffed" by that stiff Hack/Jack. All that crap just pisses me off cause I ran mostley NASCAR & they don't do business like that. Even every Open Comp show during my 30 years of racing always paid. Guess it don't work like that in the 2000's. Then people wonder where all the race cars are. Why pay if you don't have to, just put it in your rules.

I don't want to argue, because it obvious where this is headed no matter what is said. However, any short track that I ever went to a DQ(for tech or on track actions) meant you received zero points or money. When TC was DQ'd at Thompson a few weeks ago for running into someone after the chekcer, he was not just put back to last, it was like he was not in the race at all.

Quote Originally Posted by mwf44 View Post
    WAKE-UP PEOPLE !! Hack/Jack does what ever he wants cause he can, its his playground & if he don't feel like payin', he don't. Ask Dale Evonsion, Richard Savary, Todd Annarummo & Tommy Barrett all "stiffed" by that stiff Hack/Jack. All that crap just pisses me off cause I ran mostley NASCAR & they don't do business like that. Even every Open Comp show during my 30 years of racing always paid. Guess it don't work like that in the 2000's. Then people wonder where all the race cars are. Why pay if you don't have to, just put it in your rules.
    What do you mean NASCAR doesn't do business like that. Just rercently Newman was found illegal in post race tech. Stripped of the win, all money and any points. Like he wasn't even there. The question is did he get DQ'd or sat down for the night and finished 19th?

Thread Information