Racerhub.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Barrett Suspended by Valenti Modified Racing Series for 2 Races

Quote Originally Posted by MXCHAMP04 View Post
    What do you mean NASCAR doesn't do business like that. Just rercently Newman was found illegal in post race tech. Stripped of the win, all money and any points. Like he wasn't even there. The question is did he get DQ'd or sat down for the night and finished 19th?
    From what I can figure, he the #9 T.B. received no points for that event which would indicate a DQ.......Maybe the money got split up to the other competitors that got trashed in that incident.

OK for all you "know-it-alls" that NEVER owned a race car but have opinions please listen-up & I don't give TWO f***ks if you believe me or not but this is how it is in the real world. Riverhead Raceway 1997 NASCAR Mod Tour event; my Gulf Racing#44 was found after the race to have an illegal differential in the rear end. We finished on the track P3. The illegal piece (Winters Gold Track) was removed by our team then confiscated by NASCAR & Mario & his Gulf Racing #44 was paid last place money (over $1,000 with tour bonus). Like John Darby told me, all cars that start a NASCAR event are paid. When you put hard-earned money out of the pocket to campaign a modified race car, you depend on that start money unless your a millionare & don't need it anyways. People that sit in the grandstand & enjoy the show should never defend a sanctioning body that "stiffs" the competitor. All anybody says now-a-days "where are all the race cars, only 20 something cars" !!! Well figure it out & now with ROC "stiffing" car owners that don't complete atleast 50 laps you can see where its all going. All you fans that think its OK to "stiff" that kid who ran his heart out for 92 laps & put on a hellve show are not fans but f'n JERKS !!

Quote Originally Posted by mwf44 View Post
    OK for all you "know-it-alls" that NEVER owned a race car but have opinions please listen-up & I don't give TWO f***ks if you believe me or not but this is how it is in the real world. Riverhead Raceway 1997 NASCAR Mod Tour event; my Gulf Racing#44 was found after the race to have an illegal differential in the rear end. We finished on the track P3. The illegal piece (Winters Gold Track) was removed by our team then confiscated by NASCAR & Mario & his Gulf Racing #44 was paid last place money (over $1,000 with tour bonus). Like John Darby told me, all cars that start a NASCAR event are paid. When you put hard-earned money out of the pocket to campaign a modified race car, you depend on that start money unless your a millionare & don't need it anyways. People that sit in the grandstand & enjoy the show should never defend a sanctioning body that "stiffs" the competitor. All anybody says now-a-days "where are all the race cars, only 20 something cars" !!! Well figure it out & now with ROC "stiffing" car owners that don't complete atleast 50 laps you can see where its all going. All you fans that think its OK to "stiff" that kid who ran his heart out for 92 laps & put on a hellve show are not fans but f'n JERKS !!
    Well John Darby was not exactly 100% truthful or did not know every instance. As noted before Newman's team got nothing after the DQ at Loudon last year. There was also an instance in the Busch Series where Johnny Sauter got a complete DQ for an illegal carb while driving for James Finch and got zero money or points. But there are other instances in that timeframe where DQ's cars have gotten paid. This shows NASCAR is not exactly consistent when handling these situations.

Quote Originally Posted by mwf44 View Post
    Dude, why don't you quit being angry and get over it. 1997 to 2011 is a long time, and Newman was found illegal in the July Loudon race. He was stripped of the win, and NO MONEY was awarded to them. And BTW, while yes I haven't owned the car, my father and brother have, so don't act like you're all high and mighty. If you don't like the MRS or Jack so be it, but IMO it's gonna be the tour of the future, so maybe you wanna go get get another car and give it a try. And see a therapist you need anger management.

Quote Originally Posted by MXCHAMP04 View Post
    If you don't like the MRS or Jack so be it, but IMO it's gonna be the tour of the future, so maybe you wanna go get get another car and give it a try.
    If it's the tour of the furture then it's not a very bright one.

Wait, I never used any insulting language at all, but you are are lowering yourself to reply to me? I am pretty sure there was at were articles stating Newman was stripped of all his winnings including the pole award money. In fact NASCAR has does not even have the car listed on their website when you look back at the results of that 1 race.

Sorry. I have been working very long days and have not had the time to address this. I received all Pm's and messages and totally agree.
    This thread is closed.
    This will probably bleed over into facebook so any support from members would be appreciated.
    ..Richie Grodski
    TheChromeHorn.com
    www.TheChromeHorn.com | RGrodski@thechromehorn.com
    The RacerHub Network
    www.thechromehorn.com | www.longislandjam.com
    Old modifieds never die.........They just get updated.........

Thread Information