Racerhub.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Any wmt or mrs mods planning to run roc 200 7/21 at oswego ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Any wmt or mrs mods planning to run roc 200 7/21 at oswego ?

Just wondering ?

I don't think Preece is going

I heard Szegedy might, but then again I heard he's coming to Riverhead for the 77 lapper.

I heard Pennink might. Of the 3 , I'm guessing he might be the only one.

No facts here, just what I've heard.

last real roc was 1991.

Real RoC?????

Quote Originally Posted by worm View Post
    last real roc was 1991.
    Worm - just because certain drivers choose not to run does not mean it is'nt the "real RoC". Andy Harpell has done an excellent job with the event, Oswego is a great facility that's getting even better, and the racing in the "200" has been good. 30 - 40 mods will qualify this Sat., and many of them are some of the top names in Modified racing: Hirschman, Hossfeld, the Leatys, Fidanza, Rudolph, Paulus, Putney, Hebing, Zeiner, Hanbury, throw in a WMT regular or 2 and you've got the makings of an awesome field. Give the race a chance - it's my favorite event of the year and I attend several WMT races annually.

1991 had about 100 modifieds try out for the 52 car field. Drivers from all over the northeast were at this event, and previous races there. Oswego, although a great race and track, can't compare to those Pocono races. The majority of racers, even as you mention above, are RoC/northern tier drivers. The great Race of Champions, as it was, is not that anymore unfortunately.
    Also notice the amount of different leaders:
    1991 RoC Pocono
    2011 RoC Oswego
    ..Richie Grodski
    TheChromeHorn.com
    www.TheChromeHorn.com | RGrodski@thechromehorn.com
    The RacerHub Network
    www.thechromehorn.com | www.longislandjam.com
    Old modifieds never die.........They just get updated.........

Quote Originally Posted by RGeeProductions View Post
    1991 had about 100 modifieds try out for the 52 car field. Drivers from all over the northeast were at this event, and previous races there. Oswego, although a great race and track, can't compare to those Pocono races. The majority of racers, even as you mention above, are RoC/northern tier drivers. The great Race of Champions, as it was, is not that anymore unfortunately.
    Also notice the amount of different leaders:
    1991 RoC Pocono
    2011 RoC Oswego
    Moving the race to Flemington is what took a lot of the lustre off of the RoC. The move to Oswego was just unable to recapture what had already been lost. Flemington was a great track, but it wasn't a neutral site since they raced mods there weekly. If you want proof, just look at who won those RoCs at the square.
    WMT: Where sk drivers go when they feel the need to wreck more expensive equipment.

"Those who are willing to trade their freedom for security deserve neither and will lose both."
    - Benjamin Franklin

WWRD? (What Would Richie Do?)

Thread Information