Mods at Daytona

Monday, February 18
    8am NASCAR Garage & Registration opens
    9am Grandstand gates open
    9 - 11am NASCAR Whelen All-American Series Practice
    11:10am - 12pm NASCAR Whelen All-American Series final Practice
    12:10 - 1:30pm NASCAR K&N Pro Series Practice
    1:40 - 3pm NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour Practice
    4pm NASCAR Whelen All-American Series Qualifying Race #1 (25 Laps/Minutes)
    4:30pm NASCAR Whelen All-American Series Qualifying Race #2 (25 Laps/Minutes)
    5pm NASCAR K&N Pro Series & Whelen Modified Tour Garage Close
    5pm NASCAR Membership & Registration Closes
    5pm NASCAR Whelen All-American Series Qualifying Race #3 (25 Laps/Minutes)
    5:30pm NASCAR Whelen All-American Series Qualifying Race #4 (25 Laps/Minutes)
    6:15pm NASCAR Whelen All-American Series Last Chance Race (25 Laps/Minutes)
    6:50pm NASCAR Whelen All-American Series Driver Introductions
    7:15pm NASCAR Whelen All-American Series Race (150 Laps)

Tuesday, February 19
    9:30am NASCAR Garage & Registration opens
    11am Grandstand gates open
    11am - 12pm NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour Final Practice
    12:10 - 1:10pm NASCAR K&N Pro Sries Final Practice
    3pm NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour Qualifying Race #1 (25 Laps/Minutes)
    3:35pm NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour Qualifying Race #2 (25 Laps/Minutes)
    4pm NASCAR K&N Pro Series Qualifying Series Race #1 (25 Laps/Minutes)
    4:35pm NASCAR K&N Pro Series Qualifying Race #2 (25 Laps/Minutes)
    4:50pm NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour Last Chance Race (25 Laps/Minutes)
    5pm NASCAR Membership and Registration closes
    5:15pm NASCAR K&N Pro Series Last Chance Race (25 Laps/Minutes)
    6:35pm NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour & NASCAR K&N Pro Series Driver Introductions
    7:15pm NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour Race (150 Laps)
    8:30pm NASCAR K&N Pro Series Race (150 Laps)

Just wondering if this will help or hurt New Smyrna's world series?

Judging by the dwindling car counts there over the last few years I think it could only help.
    "I have made the promise several times; there will always be Modifieds at Stafford as long as I am alive. There may be only two and I may be driving one of them but Modifieds will always have a home at Stafford Motor Speedway!" - Jack Arute Sr.

$$$$$

Quote Originally Posted by DaFingz View Post
    Judging by the dwindling car counts there over the last few years I think it could only help.
    just curious what the payout will be for the daytona race,probably a flash race for 2500 bucks.travel 2000,all the other expenses.sounds like a great financial gain.hope its big bucks,or the field will be small.

Quote Originally Posted by wrench1 View Post
    just curious what the payout will be for the daytona race,probably a flash race for 2500 bucks.travel 2000,all the other expenses.sounds like a great financial gain.hope its big bucks,or the field will be small.
    I believe I read it will pay 15k to win. It is a good opportunity for NSS as they are changing the speedweeks schedule to take advantage of the event. Now it's up the to do the leg work to get them there.

if there's a big payout, that would hopefully attract a lot of teams. While not crazy about the trasck layout, this could be a great opportunity. There is only way to go: forward.
    Pork Roll is very important to me. Please respect that.

2010 Touched Trio Top-5 Standings:
    Linda 1st 381 points
    Tbax 2nd 380 points
    Axel 3rd 327 points

2010 WAS NOT the same for Axel...

The pit pass prices are reasonable enough but what are the licencing requirements?
    the ROC rules!! / Pacin ain't Racin
    " honey!! I can't sleep, turn on the CUP race will ya?"

I would love to see a non NASCAR tour mod team that is down there for New Smyrna make the Daytona race and win the cash.
    "I have made the promise several times; there will always be Modifieds at Stafford as long as I am alive. There may be only two and I may be driving one of them but Modifieds will always have a home at Stafford Motor Speedway!" - Jack Arute Sr.

is it good or bad that this is a non-points race? Does it matter? If it were points race, would this attract tmore teams? Or would they be pissed that that were being forced to come to Florida if they had any chance to be in the championship hunt.

Hard to make everyone happy of course, but just trying to see what would be best.
    Pork Roll is very important to me. Please respect that.

2010 Touched Trio Top-5 Standings:
    Linda 1st 381 points
    Tbax 2nd 380 points
    Axel 3rd 327 points

2010 WAS NOT the same for Axel...

first race for sfi seat cost 2500-4000 per seat

Quote Originally Posted by worm View Post
    first race for sfi seat cost 2500-4000 per seat
    Thus eliminating more cars from competeing on the WMT.

Between all the various touring and weekly modifieds would it be generous to say there are about 300 of them out there?
    Of those 300, about 75 of them will compete in a WMT or WSMT race.
    So I ask you, if you own a business which is a better model....

One where you eliminate 2/3 of you market right off the bat and gouge the remaining 1/3 of your loyal customers until they eventually leave.

or

One where you try to include a majority of your market thus keeping their costs down and increasing your market share.

Are these seats going to be required in all NAAWS divisions from sk's to street stocks?
    I do not recall a major injury caused by the presently approved seats. If they are unsafe then shame on anyone allowing anyone to take a green flag this weekend without a new SFI seat. I'm sure they are just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Axel View Post
    is it good or bad that this is a non-points race? Does it matter? If it were points race, would this attract tmore teams? Or would they be pissed that that were being forced to come to Florida if they had any chance to be in the championship hunt.

Hard to make everyone happy of course, but just trying to see what would be best.
    Are they going to make it even possible for teams that don't compete in either the WMT or WSMT to compete financially? I don't know, but it's a big reason that most local mod teams don't compete at Riverhead or Modnanack when the WMT goes there. I can see that as being a good reason why it is not a points paying race. I can also understand why a low buck team that does support one of the tours would not want to run that race but would have to if it was a points race. All in all, I think non points is the right way to go. I also think that it is a terrific event as it will bring the modifieds to an entirely new audience and that has to be a good thing.

Read on FB today that Tony Hirschman and the 48 team will be there. Now there is some good news.

Quote Originally Posted by MJProcko View Post
    Read on FB today that Tony Hirschman and the 48 team will be there. Now there is some good news.
    That is some good news. I hope the event draws a number of interesting entries. Let's just go ahead an put this out there right now though ... the event will not have any provisionals ... nothing for past champs, 2012 points, etc. Every driver other than 2012 race winners and champs will have to race their way into the feature from the heats.

Without any drama or BS i asked what are the license requirements for this race. I know NASCAR PR Jason has read this thread but hasn't responded.

So I ask again.
    the ROC rules!! / Pacin ain't Racin
    " honey!! I can't sleep, turn on the CUP race will ya?"

Thread Information