Racerhub.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: What teams are coming to thompson

What teams are coming to thompson

How many do you think will make the trip?

Good question, or more precisely, "who will come out of the woodwork to run as a Southern car?"

Last year's event had 22 drivers, but almost 10 of those were yankees who moonlighted as a southern tour driver for the day.

11 drivers have run all 7 races so far, and 7 more have run 6. Looking at that list of names and comparing it to who came last year, plus the new names who are still in the points race I would think that at least 15 make the trip up this year. Coupled with some of the northern drivers who have least run a few races (Kuiken, Bertuccio), I think there might be a healthy field before a few of the randoms show.

Quote Originally Posted by fastbackss View Post
    Good question, or more precisely, "who will come out of the woodwork to run as a Southern car?"

Last year's event had 22 drivers, but almost 10 of those were yankees who moonlighted as a southern tour driver for the day.

11 drivers have run all 7 races so far, and 7 more have run 6. Looking at that list of names and comparing it to who came last year, plus the new names who are still in the points race I would think that at least 15 make the trip up this year. Coupled with some of the northern drivers who have least run a few races (Kuiken, Bertuccio), I think there might be a healthy field before a few of the randoms show.

Kuiken has sold all his asphalt modified equipment.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Hawks View Post
    Kuiken has sold all his asphalt modified equipment.
    Kuiken would race if he could get a ride, the family-owned team just could not afford to continue.

That's really sad to hear Jill...
    ..Richie Grodski
    TheChromeHorn.com
    www.TheChromeHorn.com | RGrodski@thechromehorn.com
    The RacerHub Network
    www.thechromehorn.com | www.longislandjam.com
    Old modifieds never die.........They just get updated.........

Renee Dupuis indicated on speedway line report radio last Monday that she would be entered inthe Southern race.
    "I have made the promise several times; there will always be Modifieds at Stafford as long as I am alive. There may be only two and I may be driving one of them but Modifieds will always have a home at Stafford Motor Speedway!" - Jack Arute Sr.

Howie is offline Veteran of Racing Photography
    Here is the entry list for the Southern race on NASCAR.com http://hometracks.nascar.com/node/8272
    Howie Hodge
    TheChromeHorn.com - Special Contributor
    www.thechromehorn.com |

RacerHub Network
    www.longislandjam.com | www.poconothunder.net | www.thechromehorn.com

Thread Information