Racerhub.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tour Race and Tour officials decision.

Tour Race and Tour officials decision.

First let me say Congratulations to Ryan Preece, J Bongs and Todd Szegedy on there respective finishes.

As far as the Nascar Tour Officials decision to take away Jimmy Blewetts win was, as Todd Szegedy said, a bad decision. It seems as if this was the same issue that took the win away from Rowan Pennick in Thompson. I understand rules are rules but, I think Nascar needs to take a good look at the rule and make a change. I attended both of these races and its seems as if the leader in both cases did not get a good restart and spun there tires and the second place car got a better restart and got to the start/finish line first. As was mentioned earlier in the year how does a racer be given the green flag and be able to hold off on getting going until he/she knows the leader is in font of them and gets to the start line first when everyone behind them is also looking to get going. Maybe they should not have a restart line in the turn and be given the green when they get to the line! To me that would be pretty stupid, my opinion is, change the rule to read that the leader must pass the restart line first.

Not that I am a Jimmy Blewett fan but I think he got screwed just line Rowan did. They got punished for getting a better restart than the leaders, the leaders were trying so hard to protect there spot that they spun there tires, not fair in my book. Ryan drove a good race but Jimmy drove his a$$ off and had the better car on the green / white / checker restart. JMO

Have say to say great crowd tonight. Sat in turn four. Coming to the green jimmy was were he needed to be .
    Stayin tight to the leader on outside. Absolutely Preece
    Spun them tires.. For a race the was
    Exciting (have to say. TC
    Was wheeling that thing). Really outcome was
    Wrong...showtime.. You ran one hell of a race. And for all who wasnt there. Ryan was up
    Front most of the race.shout to 58 as
    Well

I knew the call would be made the second I saw him beat Preece to the line. Maybe it's a bad rule, but at least they're consistent in calling it. They've called it across the board in all divisions from what I've seen. From the Daytona 500 to Indianapolis, to Riverhead, you beat the leader to the line, regardless of whether they spun the tires or not, you're getting a penalty.

Thought the race itself was pretty good. Was a shame to see the 51 spin the tires when he restarted second. Had that caution not come out I think he would have passed Preece in the next 3 laps.

What a run by TC to get back up to 5th. Watching him tonight was really exciting. Took a pretty hard hit in the Legends race, but was obviously okay.

Szegedy is a wheel-man. That car was crazy loose in the final 15 laps and he somehow didn't spin it.

Blewett's car was a rocket. Shame that he lost under those circumstances, but a rule is a rule.

Loved the race, loved the size of the crowd as well. Sat in the middle of 1 and 2 and had a great time just as I thought I would. Modifieds on a bull ring are always a lot of fun.

Congrats to Preece on the win. Heard his grandfather had a heart-attack either yesterday or today, so this win is pretty big for him one would think.

seems pretty simple to me. (if the show is to be about the racers that is)
    leader gets to hit the gas first. Must be within a box area on the track. Must be within a defined speed range.
    then once he hits the gas, race is actually a race. May the best car and driver win.
    but shucks, the man in the tower, would have less power.

Would like to add that, thats what modified racing is!! I thought last nite was one of the better races I have seen in a few years....Some really good clean racing by quite a few drivers...Preece and Goodale racin n dicin back an forth clean hard racin.. No dogs in this fight but gotta tip my hat to Jimmy Blewett..Drove a smart race only to get questionable call in the end...Got to b a better way to rule these restarts...What I saw sure wasnt blantant on Jimmys part....shame to see him lose it on judgement call
    Still one of the best mod races in a lllong time at the head

Quote Originally Posted by Leadfoot View Post
    seems pretty simple to me. (if the show is to be about the racers that is)
    leader gets to hit the gas first. Must be within a box area on the track. Must be within a defined speed range.
    then once he hits the gas, race is actually a race. May the best car and driver win.
    but shucks, the man in the tower, would have less power.
    I agree. If I was the leader I'd spin them on purpose and wait for NASCAR to hand me the trophy. The rule gives the leader such an advantage that its really not worth having a Green,White,Checker finish anymore. You have a serious problem when the tower is deciding races.

Quote Originally Posted by Lugnuts View Post
    First let me say Congratulations to Ryan Preece, J Bongs and Todd Szegedy on there respective finishes.

As far as the Nascar Tour Officials decision to take away Jimmy Blewetts win was, as Todd Szegedy said, a bad decision. It seems as if this was the same issue that took the win away from Rowan Pennick in Thompson. I understand rules are rules but, I think Nascar needs to take a good look at the rule and make a change. I attended both of these races and its seems as if the leader in both cases did not get a good restart and spun there tires and the second place car got a better restart and got to the start/finish line first. As was mentioned earlier in the year how does a racer be given the green flag and be able to hold off on getting going until he/she knows the leader is in font of them and gets to the start line first when everyone behind them is also looking to get going. Maybe they should not have a restart line in the turn and be given the green when they get to the line! To me that would be pretty stupid, my opinion is, change the rule to read that the leader must pass the restart line first.

Not that I am a Jimmy Blewett fan but I think he got screwed just line Rowan did. They got punished for getting a better restart than the leaders, the leaders were trying so hard to protect there spot that they spun there tires, not fair in my book. Ryan drove a good race but Jimmy drove his a$$ off and had the better car on the green / white / checker restart. JMO
    First off, until the green white checker, I thought it was a great modified race. I agree that NASCAR needs to both look at and change the rule saying that you can't pass the leader until the start/finish line, but I don't think they will. They seem to want the same rules from the cup on down throughout their touring series. That's why there is the wave around rule too. Unless they change it for the cup series, I don't think they will change it for the WMT. I hope that I am wrong. To be honest, I didn't see whether Preece got a good start or not. It doesn't matter though with that rule. If they both got great starts, but the transponders said that Blewett lead the lap, he would still have been scored as the last car on the lead lap and that doesn't seem fair to me. There were only 23 cars last night and that was disappointing. Maybe it helped with the lack of yellows though I don't know. There was more green flag racing then I have seen there in years and it wasn't just freight train racing.

The rule is clear. Leader leads the race. Fast start. Slow start. Spin tires. He leads period.
    The green flag starts the restart but scoring starts at the line.
    Do I like the call. No. Did they make the correct call. Yes.
    The drivers know the rule AND the penalty is severe, purposely so it's not done, placed last on the lead lap. Jimmy should have let off knowing this rule. I talked with Johnny Bush and a tour official at length after the race and Johnny agrees with a clear black and white rule. Only exception here is if the 3rd place starter spins the leader before the line. Then it's a per situation call.
    Why should rules differ between touring or upper level divisions? Sorry, consistency makes it black and white with clarity. Different rules cause confusion among divisions.
    ..Richie Grodski
    TheChromeHorn.com
    www.TheChromeHorn.com | RGrodski@thechromehorn.com
    The RacerHub Network
    www.thechromehorn.com | www.longislandjam.com
    Old modifieds never die.........They just get updated.........

Like many others, I think it is a stupid rule. People are left in the stands wondering what just happened. I had a lot of people there last night who aren't regulars. They didn't really understand it. I knew right away what was going to happen, and I knew that Ryan was going to collect the big money after the race. Being a big Ryan supporter, I STILL think the rule is a stupid rule and Jimmy Blewett was robbed. It didn't spoil the night for me. A great crowd, great racing - We really didn't need those cars that stayed home. Loved seeing Eric Goodale up front like that, passing Ryan for the lead at one point. Congrats to Ryan and the over $11,000 victory.

Quote Originally Posted by RGeeProductions View Post
    The rule is clear. Leader leads the race. Fast start. Slow start. Spin tires. He leads period.
    The green flag starts the restart but scoring starts at the line.
    Do I like the call. No. Did they make the correct call. Yes.
    The drivers know the rule AND the penalty is severe, purposely so it's not done, placed last on the lead lap. Jimmy should have let off knowing this rule. I talked with Johnny Bush and a tour official at length after the race and Johnny agrees with a clear black and white rule. Only exception here is if the 3rd place starter spins the leader before the line. Then it's a per situation call.
    Why should rules differ between touring or upper level divisions? Sorry, consistency makes it black and white with clarity. Different rules cause confusion among divisions.
    Yes, Richie, it is a clear rule and all of the competitors know the rule and it should be enforced. That to me is obvious and I don't have a problem with it . Here is why rules should differ, at least sometimes, between touring series. The cars and the tracks are different.A 1/4 mile track like Riverhead is not the same as a 2 mile track like Michigan, a mile track like Dover or a superspeedway like Talladega. A restart at Michigan is different than one at Riverhead. I think it is a bad rule, at least on a bull ring, and needs to be changed. I also don't think that a 200 lap race at Riverhead is the same as a 500 mile race anywhere, so why should those races have the exact same rules either? If you think they should, okay, that's fine too.
    One other thing that I, from a fans perspective, really did like and I have to credit the Cromarty's, NASCAR and the competitors for. That's simply this. The race was originally scheduled for 175 laps with a 25 lap qualifiers race. Since the 25 lap race was not needed, they extended the race to a 200 lap event and I, as a fan, thank them for that.

If they're going to continue to have this stupid rule, I don't understand why they should even have double file restarts.
    I also don't understand why NASCAR feels the need to control these starts. When the green flag drops, whatever happens happens. If the leader spins his tires, well, too bad, that's part of racing.
    Let the damn racers race!
    "A good racer is one whose head is in communication with his balls." - Richie Evans
    "There was only one place you'd find Cale Yarborough's name toward the back: The phone book." - Mike Joy

Stupid is as stupid does. This rule is pure stupid.

Since the race starts in T4, mandating by rule who shall lead when they are at the start/finish line is plain stupid. It's like they can sort of start racing, but not until they cross the start finish line. Stupid, stupid, stupid. How about this... the leader is scored as the leader until the green flag is given, which happens in T4, then whoever is leading after the green flag waves is the leader. Like someone said, if I were the leader, I'd spin and have the trophy handed to me, screw the 2P car.

Want to talk about inconsistent and different rules, then talk about the different rules for SPEC and built motors. Now there is some 50 shades of grey. If those engines were equal, there shouldn't be a need for different rules packages. You want to be black and white, do so all the time, not just when it is in your best interest.
    “Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." -Abraham Lincoln

The purpose is to start the race at speed. They are started ahead of the line so they can resume the speed they were stopped at when a caution flies!
    It's simple not stupid!
    And, just one of many things that could happen. Car in 2nd place is a half lap behind at a caution. Now cars go double file for a restart of green, white, checkered and 2nd place car jumps 1st place car and gets win. BS
    And the spec motor... who ran that? The spec motor is no where near being any prefered engine of the WMT in the near future at this time or it would be used more often and by more teams in preparation for next year.
    BTW: I don't like the fact that you can not grab face masks in the NFL. I think it's BS and stupid. It's there to grab and the players should be allowed to do that... HA
    ..Richie Grodski
    TheChromeHorn.com
    The RacerHub Network

Quote Originally Posted by RGeeProductions View Post
    The purpose is to get the race back to speed. They are started ahead of the line so they can resume the speed they were stopped at when a caution flies!
    It's simple not stupid!

That needs much more explanation. Go ahead.
    “Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." -Abraham Lincoln

I do not need to explain anything to you. You have proved in the past no matter what is said, you are right and also have difficulties understanding how things are. Figure it out yourself. It is actually quite simple.
    ..Richie Grodski
    TheChromeHorn.com
    The RacerHub Network

Thread Information