Racerhub.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Woody in the 79 (What are the Hills thinking)

Woody in the 79 (What are the Hills thinking)

I can't believe the Hills chose Woody over Jon in the car for this weekend at NH.. I don't blame Jon for telling them he doesn't want to finish the season with them. Jon is in first place in the MRS points and got a win in a super modified on a part time schedule. Hey its their money and equipment and they can do whatever they want but look at the talent that has gone through there in a short time. Who knows who will be in it for the last two races. The LIManiac brought up a good name and that's Tommy Barrett. There is a guy that uses his bumper and according to the article would fit right in. You can findf the article on racedayct.com

It's amazing that the 79 keeps switching Driver, But, hey they can't switch Crew Chiefs. (can they?)

All I can say is Woody enjoy your time in the 79.
    Because as you well know it will NOT end pretty!!!
    Last edited by Rabbit504; 09-21-2012 at 12:48 PM.
    Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser!

Well, I went over to racedayct.com and found the article. This is the last paragraph from it:

“The biggest thing I’m having a problem with him is with the difference in [Whelen Modified Tour] racing and [Valenti Modified Racing Series] racing,” Hill said. “The MRS, you can’t use the bumper, you can’t use the nerf bar, that’s what Jon says. He runs in SuperModifieds, you really can’t bump there either because they’re so dangerous. [Whelen Modified Tour] racing, you’ve got to use your front bumper, you’ve got to use your nerf bar, you’ve got to slide ‘em up the racetrack at Thompson when you pass. That’s the only thing I’ve struggled with [Jon]. Race time, when everybody gets up on the wheel, that’s the only problem I’ve had with him is that he doesn’t want to touch anybody.”
    That basically sums up what I've been saying about the WMT for a while now. The racing, if you want to call it that, on the WMT has lost everything that once made modified racing special. The way these guys drive on the tour now, the cars may as well have fenders. Any two-bit hack can move someone out of the way. It takes talent to pass someone cleanly. I'm just glad we still have other options for modified racing, such as the MRS. If the WMT went away tomorrow, I wouldn't miss it in the least.
    Last edited by Groundpounder; 09-21-2012 at 01:47 PM.
    WMT: Where sk drivers go when they feel the need to wreck more expensive equipment.

"Those who are willing to trade their freedom for security deserve neither and will lose both."
    - Benjamin Franklin

WWRD? (What Would Richie Do?)

Well whatever the hills want to do.. You pAying there
    Bills... Tell ya a driver they could go race in both series..in 2013.(for those not paying attention c avatar(thanks richie).Wmt losing
    Everything.... Read about last week at
    Riverhead .. Payout crappy(aside from the manic, ps thanks for what you did)big crowd and a whole bunch of talent out there..Racin has !!! Never been cheap...Reguardless the tour has a
    Following....And we are on TV THIS WEEKEND!!

You Don't think for one second Teddy would drive that car do you?

In case you haven't noticed that car a mid to back of the pack car..... If it makes it to the end of the race.
    Last edited by Rabbit504; 09-21-2012 at 02:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbit504 View Post
    You Don't think for one second Teddy would drive that car do you?

In case you haven't noticed that car a mid to back of the pack car..... If it makes it to the end of the race.
    I agree with you 100%. Walking through the pits that car just looks old, and on the track really goes nowhere. I think JM is one of the most talented drivers out there, and unfortunately for him, he is in an old car not destined to go anywhere no matter who is driving it.

Jon is to soft to run the WMT. He started third at Riverhead WMT race and within 2 laps he was back in 10th. That's not getting the job done no matter how you look at it.

The WMT is not made for soft drivers. You have to have a set of balls to run that Tour. No riding around in 10th to 20th place for 50 to 75 laps saving your tires and then start to race. If you do that on the WMT your race is over early. The WMT is to competitive to ride around. It's go hard from the Green flag lap to the Checker.

The ROC (the hockey puck league of are sport) has only a couple (22 & 60) of teams that can win on any given night and coming thru the field from the back is not that hard after riding around at the back of the back for 75% of the race ( can we say SST). Most of the Modifieds on that Tour ( if you can call them Modifieds) are back markers. The ROC only has about 3 teams that could compete on the WMT and none would be a top ten car.

Same for the MRS (which has totally lost its way). Only a handful of teams (2, 25, 5 & 9) that can win or even be competitive on that Tour. Pennink and Barrett are tough racers and have the make-up to run the WMT. The 2 and 5 drivers are soft and cannot compete on the WMT. Both have tried and failed. Which is to bad for the sport.

You guys that love to ***** about the WMT should go to Riverhead for a season and watch some real Staturday night racing. The drivers go at it real hard. 0, 96 ,6 ,51, 66, 15, 20, 99, 48 just to name a few. Riverhead is more competitive than the ROC or the MRS.

Go ahead and ***** about the WMT. It is still the best Modified racing we have today by far.

If you want to be called a Modified Champion then you have to do it on the WMT. Not in the minor leagues. it's the only Modified Tour that matters.

Look at the Wayne Darling team #52 driven by Doug Coby on the WMT. That says it all.

Quote Originally Posted by MOD11RACER View Post
    Jon is to soft to run the WMT. He started third at Riverhead WMT race and within 2 laps he was back in 10th. That's not getting the job done no matter how you look at it.

The WMT is not made for soft drivers. You have to have a set of balls to run that Tour. No riding around in 10th to 20th place for 50 to 75 laps saving your tires and then start to race. If you do that on the WMT your race is over early. The WMT is to competitive to ride around. It's go hard from the Green flag lap to the Checker.

The ROC (the hockey puck league of are sport) has only a couple (22 & 60) of teams that can win on any given night and coming thru the field from the back is not that hard after riding around at the back of the back for 75% of the race ( can we say SST). Most of the Modifieds on that Tour ( if you can call them Modifieds) are back markers. The ROC only has about 3 teams that could compete on the WMT and none would be a top ten car.

Same for the MRS (which has totally lost its way). Only a handful of teams (2, 25, 5 & 9) that can win or even be competitive on that Tour. Pennink and Barrett are tough racers and have the make-up to run the WMT. The 2 and 5 drivers are soft and cannot compete on the WMT. Both have tried and failed. Which is to bad for the sport.

You guys that love to ***** about the WMT should go to Riverhead for a season and watch some real Staturday night racing. The drivers go at it real hard. 0, 96 ,6 ,51, 66, 15, 20, 99, 48 just to name a few. Riverhead is more competitive than the ROC or the MRS.

Go ahead and ***** about the WMT. It is still the best Modified racing we have today by far.

If you want to be called a Modified Champion then you have to do it on the WMT. Not in the minor leagues. it's the only Modified Tour that matters.

Look at the Wayne Darling team #52 driven by Doug Coby on the WMT. That says it all.
    I think if you put some of the top MRS guys in good WMT rides they would win races. And to tick the rest of the board off, if you put some of the top PASS guys in good WMT cars they would win pretty easy.

And nobody finds this to be offensive and rude? Why no righteous indignation pig piling?
    “Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." -Abraham Lincoln

If I were smart I wouldn't respond to this drivel. Are you telling me comparing two series with totally different tire rules and not having drivers

adjust their styles to those realities is a serious comparison? Ah..yeah. Only a handful of teams can win on the VMRS? Really? (8) btw. Is that

more or less than your WMT? Hmmm. Only Chuck and Matt on the ROC? Wrong again. If Riverhead is the be all, end all of "tough" Modified racing

then how come your great Tour only stops there once a year? If anybody is (too) soft its your thinking maybe.
    the ROC rules!! / Pacin ain't Racin
    " honey!! I can't sleep, turn on the CUP race will ya?"

That's a good family with racin in the north and south people... Old broken down whatever. Still makin some noise racin.Just sayin..Things change... Glad we
    Got some action on this thread...On another note.. History ..TC enjoying the 3
    Ride...
    Wouldn't mind him staying there..of maybe
    Take that ride(79) in the winter to new symrna..

Jon is not "soft" by any means. He's one of the hardest racers in anything he drives. He's also one of the cleanest. Don't confuse that with soft. I have a lot of respect for the fact that he won't compromise his "racing ethics" to run on what has become the "fight club" series. TC doesn't exacly dominate when he runs with the MRS where he can't use his bumper and nerf bars, does he? Like I said in my original post, any two-bit hack can knock someone out of the way. Real talent is passing someone cleanly. Like Jon McKennedy does.
    WMT: Where sk drivers go when they feel the need to wreck more expensive equipment.

"Those who are willing to trade their freedom for security deserve neither and will lose both."
    - Benjamin Franklin

WWRD? (What Would Richie Do?)

The Hills are looking pretty darn smart in the first hallf of the race...

So how'd that 79 do today. Pretty darn good!!

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut now and then......
    They are a solid 15th in owner points...
    Pretty darn good eh!!

Thread Information