Thread: Yesterday's race

Yesterday's race

Well, I'm sure i am not the only one that thinks yesterday's race got a little out of hand and a little too rough. First off, the track just simply needs to be wet down a little more. 20 laps into it and it was already dry and we were already moving Pretty quickly around the track. We need to wet it down more, it's more dangerous then having the track wet. Second point, the hitting each other yesterday was just absolutely ridiculous. Just like a lot of guys do in the early going I was taking it easy trying to save the car for the end, every couple laps a would get a nice strong hit from behind. And unfortunately one driver may have ruined my chances of making it into the top 10 in points. And I would just like to thank him for that and I'm sure he knows who he is and I know everyone knows who I am talking about. Especially since I had multiple people saying they he had hit them too. So point is, the last race is in a couple weeks, it's 150 laps. Lets all take it easy and not drive like maniacs in the first 20 laps. And let's soak the track!!!! And hit it with some more 100 laps through. Thanks

Yea we all feel the same Travis, I had family out of state that thought they were at a demo derby. Good news is less cars !!

I personally had a great time . It was a full concentration hard fought battle for each position. Now 25t was " crashed " out but was it a racing incident as the cars stacked up before the start line or intentional ? I did see you walk over to a Chevy and have a short discussion. Only one driver really knows .Go ask him. phil

Quote Originally Posted by Philter39 View Post
    I personally had a great time . It was a full concentration hard fought battle for each position. Now 25t was " crashed " out but was it a racing incident as the cars stacked up before the start line or intentional ? I did see you walk over to a Chevy and have a short discussion. Only one driver really knows .Go ask him. phil
    Phil don't get me wrong I completely understand what your saying. Everyone was stacked up at that point but the same incident happened a few laps before, granted I probably should have stayed away from him the second time. All I remember is him coming down the track fast towards me. Truthfully I cannot remember if we made contact or not but whatever happened at the moment caused me to hit the inside wall, locking my steering and shooting me up into traffic. The first time, he came down the track, hit me into the the rookie 51w and almost took both of us out then. And that's not the first time something has happened with him this year. I have had numerous occasions when we made contact from him driving all over the track. I know I'm not perfect and I'm not saying I make mistakes but it got ridiculous yesterday. I try to race as clean as possible. And so do you and all I get is pushed around. It's not right

Well you do race cleanly. Just remember who you really do not want to race near and race accordingly around them. They normally do not finish the race. I would go talk to said driver and get his view point. As you comment you do not remember. See what he has to say. And he may give you more space in the future. I do hear your frustration. And have been there. Just remember .We do this for fun.

phil

Once again Phil, I agree. I am completely in this for fun. That's why I'm up set about it. But oh well, it's racing. And yes I will have a talk with him next time and we'll go from there.

Thread Information