Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: To those who were affected!!!

To those who were affected!!!

After pat hires tried to take me out on lap 50, i lost my power steering, i tried my best to stay off everyone, sorry to all that were involved especially ray 2ez/824, i just lost it when i hit you on the front stretch, i was really tired, i never wanted a race over so bad before. Try running 100 laps with no power steering it was no fun!!!!

First Chuck, Im not a Hires fan but...... did you remember the 3 or 4 times you hit the wall with nobody near you ! Not bashing you but you are your own worst enemy. you have a fast car but most times you take yourself out of contention

Did you even read this post. I told everyone that i had no power steering, for 100 laps, that stuff will happen. This is not the road runner class, we dont have a tracky track to run on until we run it in. Then you get people the intensionally turn you (hires), he had his engine floored, he pushed me down turn four.
    Last edited by Erin C; 10-15-2012 at 10:10 AM. Reason: removed one statement...sorry.

Thanks Chuck for the sorry. To others may seem to be nothing but to me it's big. I was slow and in other peoples way. others tried to run threw me and push me. To those it was crap. i stayed low and out of the way. this is why what you said chuck was nice. i blew right front tire that put me out not the hit. just letting you know. ray 2ez

Hey Ray! I think that was the most laps you have finished all year though! If it was a regular race you would have made it to the end
    Erin Cutri
    NEETS Official: Co Promoter
    Email: bartleye2@hotmail.com
    Cell: 570-878-0769

Thanks Erin. Waiting for my laps to see how many laps I made and how fast I was. Which was not very fast. But had fun.

Hey Chuck I understand your pain, no power steering sucks. how do your arms feel, mine are sore and I didnt run nearly as many laps as you did.

My response to you

Quote Originally Posted by CAPTAIN View Post
    After pat hires tried to take me out on lap 50, i lost my power steering, i tried my best to stay off everyone, sorry to all that were involved especially ray 2ez/824, i just lost it when i hit you on the front stretch, i was really tired, i never wanted a race over so bad before. Try running 100 laps with no power steering it was no fun!!!!
    This is Pat Hires not Rick Latza to Chuck if you don't know what happened then you will probably get spun again.I didn't try to take you out i did.Notice i didn't get on here and say my power steering went out.You will come back on here with another exuse but i'll let you know what you did.In turn 3 there was a car dead with only 2 lanes .Me and another car were 2 wide going into the turn when you tried to make it 3 wide .You slammed the side of my car pushing me into the inside pushing him into infield.You over drive you car and never make a mistake it is always something wrong with car or the other guys fault.I learned that move from you .I watched you do that at least 20 times over the years.Just watch some of Garys videos. I'm sure lot of guys are glad what i did to you.That was the first time i ever purposely took anyone out at Granview. Most drivers call you a dirty driver i agree. P.S. If you would like to call me feel free my number is 267-278-3752 anytime till 10
    Last edited by Erin C; 10-16-2012 at 07:42 AM.

Taking a brief step away from doing the points....I'd like to interject a second....

First off, Chuck has done a good thing here and a bad thing...the good thing is apologizing to drivers for hitting them. As Ray stated, to some it may not be a lot, but to him it does mean something. A lot of the drama on/off the track can be resolved from talking and apologizing...admitting you made a mistake to another driver goes a LOT farther than just waiting for them to retaliate and then earning a "friend".... The bad thing you did, Chuck, was break your own rule....you posted on the forums after YOU said you didn't want to anymore.... LOL!

Before this whole thread turns into a post-season "rape" of the Captain....let's put things into perspective....

Russ said it best, Chuck you are your own worst enemy.... Your car is good, you are good.....but the things that have happened in the past mostly could have been avoided. I know YOU know how to handle your car well enough that, aside from power steering issues, if something happens it is either intentional or uncontrollable (track conditions). I know I've stood up for incidents on the track...I've been called out numerous times by other drivers who believe I am favoring you, but you and I both know I won't play favorites if you do something intentional... The incidents that happened this season that were ruled "RACING INCIDENTS" by our officials were ruled as such based on our perspective views. All drivers, you all need to remember that what you see is usually just what is right in front of you....we have several officials that are usually watching the same incident happen from several different angles. We may not always make the right decision, however if the majority of my officials are calling it a racing incident and not intentional...you need to have some faith in our decisions.

Now Chuck, I'm not going to stand up for you all the time...that would be playing favorites. There are times that you will have to take responsibility for your actions. Mainly, I have this to say: You drive a good/hard line on the track...when some one gets in your way though, you cannot expect them to move for you. You have to find a way around their car, CLEAN, without pushing them out of the way or pinching them into a dead car. Know that there is a limit to how much you can use the bumper before it is considered rough driving. Keep in mind that if every time someone you have had issues with in the past gets next to you, they either get spun out, shoved into the wall or a flat tire, then eventually something will have to be done about you.

One thing I would like to point out...Pat DID push your car at one point early on in the race somewhere between the backstretch and turn #3........he jammed your bumper back into it's "nearly" right location. It was sticking out about 18" and we were about to black flag you for it and you were running up front.

As for the issues between drivers....and this applies to EVERYONE.....
    If you have an issue with someone....talk to them about it. Don't let it get out of hand. Don't wait until it gets to the point where I need to get involved. Be the bigger man and apologize, EVEN IF YOU ARE NOT WRONG.... "Hey, I'm sorry if I did something to tick you off on the track, but I don't want an enemy out there, can we set aside our issues?" If someone approaches you with this type of introduction...respond calmly and friendly...there is no need for added stress between drivers.

Chuck and Pat....Pat's got his number listed...call him, Chuck.... I know things can be worked out. You two are both great people and, Chuck, we both know that you'll never win an argument here on the forum! LOL!

That's my 30 seconds of input.....
    ________Joe the Photo Guy
    {_NEETS_}_____________www.neetsracing.com
    Co-Promoter____________Email: joe@neetsracing.com
    Webmaster_____________Cell#: 267-767-4923
    Photographer ___________Nextel: 168*153450*1

If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

Can not dispute the facts. phil

First of all talking to pat is like talking to the wall, he never listens and all he wants to do is run over you (verbally) and anything you say against him is just wrong. Second of all, this incident happened after the red flag, my car was beyond the 88 in the middle of three & four, i was coming out of turn three, if you watch the video you see me directly behind hires until the middle of the back stretch i went out to pass him not knowing there was a dead car sideways on the track. I could not see through hires car. When the video comes out you'll see that pat had half a track lead on me & i chased him down and was trying to pass him, why would i chase him down for the lead and then intentionally hit him. If i knew the 88 was there things would have been different. At the 48 second mark on the video you can see my front end go down, which means i was on the brakes and reacted the best i could to avoid hitting the 88. If you think i went out with the intensions of taking anyone out of the race do you think it would be hires???? I did my best with what i had. At that particular time i had power steering, it was about two laps after the spin when i lost steering, i never said that the hit with hires was because i had no power steering. This was a racing incident, i did not see the dead car until it was too late. Mr hires, lets get the facts straight, you stated you took me out on purpose, well the way i see it you took yourself out, i finished the race, where did you finish???

To Mr Hires, I want to know if you thought about this...what if the driver you purposely hit got hurt, now has tons of medical bills, can't work to support his family? Would you foot the bill because you caused it?? Chuck has 4 kids, would it be fair to them if this happened? Also, I have heard many people and drivers talk about your driving style...how you don't use your brakes in the corners instead you use their car, how you slam into them to get them out of the way. Everyone seems to talk about everyone anymore, personally I am sick of hearing all the nonsense, I come to have fun and watch the races. Now my big question is...he admits he did this, he admits it was on purpose, he admits he retaliated so what happens now??? Does he get away with this and if he does what does it say to every other driver??? You might say who cares it was the last race, well then what do you think is going to happen every last race if you know nothing is going to happen.

I don't have time to post a lengthy reply....but, my response to the above posts is this...

Chuck, looking at the video, I don't believe you intentionally hit Pat. Everyone can re-watch this video and notice the #3 and #44 ahead of Pat and Chuck...#3 was nearly nose to nose with the #44 when he made the same move...HE ESSENTIALLY PUSHED the #44 to go low so he could avoid the dead car. The difference was that when chuck did it, Pat and he were NOT nose to nose, Chuck came down into Pat's rear door basically....#44 had the chance to move lower since he saw the #3 racing next to him. Pat could not see (without the use of a mirror at least) that Chuck was aside him yet still out of view.

The correct action here is that Chuck should have let up earlier, he did not have position on Pat to expect him to move over...Pat could not see the nose of his car until possibly the last second. Now, as I said before, Chuck runs a HARD LINE and I know Chuck won't let off if he doesn't have to......the outcome is as such and we would have ruled that a racing incident....

Christine.... I know what you are saying and I'm not trying to brush it off like it's the last race deal.... Pat would have received a black flag for a cool down lap since Chuck went around and was able to keep racing. He did not get the black flag since he was disabled on the track after that point. At most, I can only take a lap away from him after all is said and done. ...and that will happen.

An extra note here......we took a single lap away from the #7 LAST RACE due to rough riding, that was discovered post-race in a video review...it took him from 10th to 11th. We do review things when there are issues...

Ok....gotta get back to work!
    ________Joe the Photo Guy
    {_NEETS_}_____________www.neetsracing.com
    Co-Promoter____________Email: joe@neetsracing.com
    Webmaster_____________Cell#: 267-767-4923
    Photographer ___________Nextel: 168*153450*1

I would have let checked up earlier if i knew there was a dead car in my way. I did not know the 88 was there until it was too late. I was told after the race that the 88 was sideways up against the wall & someone put it in neutral and coasted it down the track. I do not know if this is true or not, but if it was out of the groove entirely, we wouldn't be having this discussion, i would have passed hires, & the race continued. You cannot control something you cannot see. I had a camera in my car facing front. Get dave to post the video and you'll see what i saw!!!

Thread Information