Thread: The Answer

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Petey......you of all people know what we've been through with speedway promoters.....whether it be during Erin and my time at the helm of NEETS or before us.

You want an answer... the only one I have to give is that we don't have a chance to make up the race(s). We all lose here, Petey. I know I would not make money (profit or points fund money) at any race we could still have at Wall this season based on the current car counts, but it is not about that.....I'd gladly host the event at my expense and let everyone EARN their championships; however...it is NOT my speedway. I do NOT have the option to host any further events at Wall.

So, as Erin already stated....WHAT OPTION DO WE HAVE? What do you think should happen here?

Do you want me to freeze the points and points fund until we can have a championship race either back at Wall in the future or at another asphalt venue? Would that be fair to people who may or may not still be racing at that time...or even just not racing enduros anymore?

Do you want me to flip a coin for it? What am I flipping the coin for...who gets what position? How is that fair to the guys who at the very least did earn themselves their current position?

We have had 7-race seasons in the past... We advertised a 9-race season this time...2 got pulled. It is the same as the events at Grandview THIS YEAR... We got rained out TWO times and everyone had already paid for wristbands and registrations...Kenny gave us two additional races instead of just saying "tough luck". We got the chance to race 8 times, however it took us 10 attempts to get it done. That is the difference in PA and that is why we have had continued success above all at Grandview.

Petey, I understand your frustration....believe me I DO! But what do you expect to do to right this wrong....outside of hosting a race at Wall?
    ________Joe the Photo Guy
    {_NEETS_}_____________www.neetsracing.com
    Co-Promoter____________Email: joe@neetsracing.com
    Webmaster_____________Cell#: 267-767-4923
    Photographer ___________Nextel: 168*153450*1

Also....you asked what the problem was between promoters.....last race was August 18th and now it is October 16th.....

Car Counts...period...

Cliff spent more money on insurance for the day than both divisions brought in. How do you expect me to wiggle more racing out of a guy that is losing money on our events? I wanted to host this last race even if it would have cost us some racing in between...the September event...but this was a shock to me too that we've lost our championship event. We were cut off without notice.
    ________Joe the Photo Guy
    {_NEETS_}_____________www.neetsracing.com
    Co-Promoter____________Email: joe@neetsracing.com
    Webmaster_____________Cell#: 267-767-4923
    Photographer ___________Nextel: 168*153450*1

Thread Information