Thread: Red Flags (Suggestion)

Red Flags (Suggestion)

When a red flag is flown and all drivers come to a stop would it be possible to broadcast over the one-way radio why the red came out. This way all the drivers will be aware that for instance there is now a dead car sitting off of turn 4. That way we don't have a bunch of drivers flying into the turn without knowing and causing a mess.

p.s. This is not meant to start a dead car debate.
    "Taken To School"

There are pros and cons to doing this. Pro, it will make the driver aware of the situation. Con, this is supposed to be an Enduro, drivers are supposed to be ready for anything...if we let you know what lies ahead we are not helping you work on your endurance skills.

It's very rare that I have seen a dead car hit on the first lap after the green came back out...
    Erin Cutri
    NEETS Official: Co Promoter
    Email: bartleye2@hotmail.com
    Cell: 570-878-0769

You should know that the red flag was for something. So to cover your ass be extra careful on the 1st lap after a red. As this is also a time when cars decide not to restart. Just a tip from Ironman.

phil

Exactly my point. Thank you, Phil.
    Erin Cutri

I totally understand your point and follow it. it's just that there are some drivers who may not
    "Taken To School"

I know this but we can't cater to a few when we focus on the majority. That would be like opening a can of worms...this is meant to test the drivers' skills...

Also, if we call out what is going on at that red and warn the drivers to avoid it and don't call out when there is a dead car on the track on the restart or during the race it will cause a whole slew of problems/complaints. The radio is for black flag use for the driver and for stopping/starting as there are parts of the track that have flaggers that are not visible everywhere...this is for safety purposes...or in my case for using the wrong frequency to yell to Joe lol.

Drivers must be fully aware of their surroundings and therefore must use their skill to avoid the obstacles that may be present whether on the first lap or the last...
    Erin Cutri

Not to open a can of worms, but if the track was cleared we wouldn't be having this discussion, cars would be salvaged, & you wouldn't have pissd off driver that have to re-build mid season. You took the time to stop the race, it wouldn't be much to clear the track. What happended to you were going to clear the track if cars were in the groove??? 88 was clearly in the groove!!! Just my opinion

Thread Information