Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Answer

The Answer

Subject: Re: Neets at Wall
    Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2012 19:04:58 -0400
    To: richardpetey@msn.com

News to me too! But that's what it's been like all year long.... Cliffs family is answering for him and doing whatever they want.... Cliff and I were trying to work something out but I can see his family is once again not interested in what cliff and I are doing..... I'm sorry you had to hear about it this way.... Really sucks that I had to hear about it this way too....

Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 11, 2012, at 4:20 PM, Richard Petey <richardpetey@msn.com> wrote:

Joe,
    What the hell is going on? You knew about this and told no one!
    I'm so disappointed its unbelievable...................
    UNCLE PETEY

To: richardpetey@msn.com
    Subject: Neets at Wall
    Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2012 14:49:42 -0400

Hi Richard,
    Yes, we answer all our emails! NEETS will not be running at Wall for the remainder of the year. That is the final decision between Cliff and Joe Cutri. This is a matter between the two of them, unfortunately it is out of our hands. So sorry for the inconvenience we may have caused.
    We would love to have you as a regular next year, and welcome you to our Wall family!
    If you have any other questions feel free.
    Thanks
    Emily Krause

-----Original Message-----
    To: ckmotorsports <ckmotorsports@aol.com>
    Sent: Thu, Oct 11, 2012 8:32 am
    Subject: New message via your website

You have a new message
    via: http://www.wallspeedwayracing.com

Message details:
    Email: richardpetey@msn.com
    Date: 11 October 2012
    Subject: Final NEETS point race

Maybe the first e-mail I sent didn't get to the wall stadium address!!!!! I read on your site that you answer all your e-mails, hopefully that is true! Please, communicate with the NEETS promoters and try to give us a last points race date. The drivers in this series would greatly appreciate it! I am considering running full time in a division at Wall Speedway next year! Just asking for a little consideration from both promoters in this matter! THANKS.................UNCLE PETEY
    Last edited by richardpetey; 10-16-2012 at 11:53 AM.

This was a surprise to us as well...this was not the final answer between Joe and Cliff (as stated in the email) as Joe and I were waiting on an answer still...their last conversation ended at trying to pick a date for the championship event.

Joe has a press release he will be putting on the website with all the information, he had put something up on the NEETS Facebook Page, and had announced that the Wall points are final as they stand right now.

We wish there were another way but unfortunately there is not as we were left in the dark regarding this as well.

Joe has tried to contact Cliff over the last several days to hear it from him that this was the decision with no answer/return phone call or email still.

Petey, Thank you for posting the email reply you received as we haven't heard so much as a peep and this was the first we heard of it when you had advised us of this email you had received from Cliff's Daughter.
    Erin Cutri
    NEETS Official: Co Promoter
    Email: bartleye2@hotmail.com
    Cell: 570-878-0769

If you make the Wall points final without giving the top 5 a chance to compete for the championship you'll be no better than the people at Wall..............
    As far as I'm concerned "it ain't over" until some driver earns it.............................
    Even a flip of a coin would be better than what your doing to the drivers..............
    UNCLE PETEY.......................

Our hands are tied! If they say no then it is no, we don't own the track, we can't just show up and expect to have a race...like I said, Joe has been trying to contact Cliff trying to see what is going on and why this email was sent without talking with him about it first when their last conversation left off with trying to find a date.

If they won't allow us to have a final points event at Wall, then what option do we have?

How does this make us in the wrong when we weren't given any option to make it right???? Please explain this to me because I am so shocked/baffled by your statement.
    Last edited by Erin C; 10-16-2012 at 12:46 PM.
    Erin Cutri
    NEETS Official: Co Promoter
    Email: bartleye2@hotmail.com
    Cell: 570-878-0769

Honestly, Petey....I'm trying to think of a way to answer to this post, but Erin has summed it up as best as I could put it.
    ________Joe the Photo Guy
    {_NEETS_}_____________www.neetsracing.com
    Co-Promoter____________Email: joe@neetsracing.com
    Webmaster_____________Cell#: 267-767-4923
    Photographer ___________Nextel: 168*153450*1

Why would you be so shocked? Put yourself in any of the drivers positions who were promised 8 races....................
    The last race was on August 18th its October 16th..........Please! I mighta been born at night but not last night..............
    I don't know what the problem was between the promoters..........but as usual, the drivers, crews, etc suffer.............................
    I heard rumors about a problem between NEETS and Wall the next day after the race.................you had 2 months to make it right............
    UNCLE PETEY....................

Petey......you of all people know what we've been through with speedway promoters.....whether it be during Erin and my time at the helm of NEETS or before us.

You want an answer... the only one I have to give is that we don't have a chance to make up the race(s). We all lose here, Petey. I know I would not make money (profit or points fund money) at any race we could still have at Wall this season based on the current car counts, but it is not about that.....I'd gladly host the event at my expense and let everyone EARN their championships; however...it is NOT my speedway. I do NOT have the option to host any further events at Wall.

So, as Erin already stated....WHAT OPTION DO WE HAVE? What do you think should happen here?

Do you want me to freeze the points and points fund until we can have a championship race either back at Wall in the future or at another asphalt venue? Would that be fair to people who may or may not still be racing at that time...or even just not racing enduros anymore?

Do you want me to flip a coin for it? What am I flipping the coin for...who gets what position? How is that fair to the guys who at the very least did earn themselves their current position?

We have had 7-race seasons in the past... We advertised a 9-race season this time...2 got pulled. It is the same as the events at Grandview THIS YEAR... We got rained out TWO times and everyone had already paid for wristbands and registrations...Kenny gave us two additional races instead of just saying "tough luck". We got the chance to race 8 times, however it took us 10 attempts to get it done. That is the difference in PA and that is why we have had continued success above all at Grandview.

Petey, I understand your frustration....believe me I DO! But what do you expect to do to right this wrong....outside of hosting a race at Wall?

Also....you asked what the problem was between promoters.....last race was August 18th and now it is October 16th.....

Car Counts...period...

Cliff spent more money on insurance for the day than both divisions brought in. How do you expect me to wiggle more racing out of a guy that is losing money on our events? I wanted to host this last race even if it would have cost us some racing in between...the September event...but this was a shock to me too that we've lost our championship event. We were cut off without notice.

A refresher for the minds.....

Frankenduro Race Dates:
    Originally advertised to be held on October 28th along with the Spooky Spectacular, October 27th.
    Mahoning scheduled their race on the 27th and Wall re-scheduled the Spooky Spectacular to October 20th
    Cliff and I agreed over a phone conversation as soon as I knew about the change that we would run on October 21st
    NEETS suddenly disappeared from the Wall website and the facebook event page with Factory Stocks and 4-Cylinders in place
    Cliff explained, on the phone, shortly after I discovered this that Diane had scheduled the event without checking with him first...
    We did not settle on a date...... We had the option to keep the original date, October 28th.

I said to Cliff, if we run on the 28th, you face the possibility of losing money again. I mentioned that the FS and 4-Cyl classes were running a NON-POINTS event on the 21st, so why can't they just get bumped? ....I did not get an answer.

Monday through Wednesday, I emailed Cliff and we went back and forth about coming up with a finalized date....

Thursday night, Petey I got YOUR email. Erin and I checked the Wall site and the rest of our scheduled dates had been removed...including the Turkey Derby Enduro date and a Factory Stock and 4-Cyl event had taken our place on that Sunday as well.

We got replaced. We got jipped... Anyway you cut it, we lost out. Us, the drivers, their fans, etc.....we all lost ou

I don't mind losing a championship to my NEETS fellow drivers but not to a promoter(WALL)...........
    If you really want a FAIR way of settling this dispute, figure out your average car count per race and then calculate who could of possibly won the championship with a double points race and let those guys share the money(if any) and the title...............
    I'll even buy the damn trophys ................
    UNCLE PETEY................

Looks like car 97 Lee Allen is first in points . Would that not make him the driver with the most points ? Sounds fair to me .phil

Keep in mind that many championships don't get a final race (or even sometimes 2) due to rain-outs and such. I do understand your frustration Uncle Petey, finishing second by just four points, but many of us respect you for your victories and past championships and know that you will always be a title contender at any given speedway. Unfortunately, this is a situation where nothing more can really be done. NEETS worked hard to get these race dates, fortunately there were at least 7 events. You can't blame NEETS for their efforts.
    Gary Lileck

Petey, If you didn't let Howie drive your car that one time you would have been the Champ.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

It isn't about another championship its about the principal...........................
    NeetsSpectator: Are you trying to tell me "no good deed goes unpunished"?......................
    Its about promoters pride and greed! Their lack of respect for the drivers and the series!....................
    I would give up my 2nd place points(gladly) to anyone if the promoters agreed to have a last race.............enough said!!!!!!!!....................
    UNCLE PETEY............................

Quote Originally Posted by NeetsSpectator View Post
    Petey, If you didn't let Howie drive your car that one time you would have been the Champ.
    Seriously??? That's what friends do for each other and you have no clue about their past history. That was a freaking low blow
    Ms. NEETS/Registrations
    Enduro Racing Ain't for Sissies

Thread Information