Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Car Counts!

Would like to thank chuck for taking over and giving us a place to race this season. However as many others have stated the 100 dollar fee is rough. Not only is it 100 dollars to race but 30 to get into the pits, 20 to get a transpoder if need one or go out and buy one for yourself for a few hundred dollars. So just for the day your looking at either 130 or 150 dollars to race that day. Not to mention the fact you need gas to get to the track. I know lots of guys are coming from jersey or up schuykill county way. How much does it cost them for the day to get back and forth. That extra 35 dollars to race that might be the differnce of racing or not because some guys may need that 35 dollars to get to the track that day in gas. Plus not to mention you need gas in the race car to race. I know I wouldnt mind paying 100 dollars entry fee if that included my pit pass for the day. Maybe If you wanna keep charging 100 entry fee guarentee the top 5 will be paid out not based on how many cars. Even if 5th place is 30 dollars at least the driver will feel somewhat better at the end of the day that they at least got there money back for getting into pits. If there is 30+ cars or more and more can be paid out there is great but at minimum top 5 should get paid no matter what the car count is for entry fee being 100 dollars.

Also as a 4 cylinder driver watching the first part of the big car and vintage race from the grandstands on the front strech was tough and heard some complaints from people in stands why the enduro didnt get on the track til almost 2 pm. I think the vintage guys need some better communcation on when starting where to line up and what not. Seen alot of them just driving around as flaggers and others were trying to get them lined up. Also dont let kenny water the track so much before there warm ups and first race. It was way to muddy for those guys for the warm up part of there show and it took them awhile to run it in. The enduro is to start at 1 so have the vintage mods be on the track at 1230 for warm ups and have there first race at 1 followed by the enduro. Perhaps the vintage drivers should be ready in there car so when our meeting gets over they can head right out to the track to start there warm ups. That gives them 20 minutes or so until all enduro drivers are ready for transpoder check time. During the transpoder check give the vintage tome to make a few small changes and get back out ready to race there first race and get lined up in a decent matter.Try to keep things running smooth to keep the fans happy in the stands and they will keep coming back.

I think there is a good thing going on at granview once a month on sundays with some small adjustments I think it would be a great thing and get back to car counts being 30+. Also chuck I like your idea of having an open comp race at end of the season and open the rules up like susky does so you can have multiple cars from multiple tracks. With a track the size of granview you do not need the most motor to win so i think an open comp would be good after our regular 6 race season. John #66

I'm still rebuilding!! I hope to be ready by the June race??? I was in attendance at the first race and think it went well. It was a bit chaotic in the beginning slowing things down and not staying on schedule. It didn't matter to me, but that could lead to some upset fans and drivers who may have travelled farther to get there?? I think moving the cars eliminated some wrecks and didn't effect the "tempo" of the race. I saw some obvious rough riding that didn't get called. Overall, I think it was a good day!! Keep up the good work Chuck!!
    Shawn Naftzinger
    Rustyboltz Racing #16N
    "Old School!"

As of the 2013 racing season opening team 32 was looking forward to running Grandview shows. Team 32 ran into extreme difficult times. Due to that i have decided not to race the 2013 season. There is A very SLIM chance that team 32 will come out at the end of the season but i dout that very much. I have talked to many drivers why I am not going to be there, it was extremely hard for me to talk about it. I have also talked to Chuck Eckert, Joe and Erin about my issue. My goals for the 2013 season is to help the 36 Justen Steigerwalt and the 44 Joel Pilgert. If it would not be for my difficult situation team 32 would be racing the 2013 season. Entry fee was not an issue for me. This was not easy for me to put my personal issue on this forum for everyone to see but enough is enough. GOOD LUCK TO ALL DRIVERS AND CHUCK ECKERT FOR THE 2013 SEASON Sincerly Joe Kunkel
    Last edited by team32; 05-02-2013 at 08:14 AM.

Hey chuck few ideas to maybe get a few more fans and few more cars over the season. I'm not sure who gets the money for the spectators but maybe you could offer on the saturday night before the show bring last night stub and get in for 5 dollars instead of the normal 7. Also maybe talk to kenny and he would let 3 or 4 drivers bring there cars and park down in the turn 1 area they have set up to help spread the word of enduros at grandview.

Sorry for what ever issue you are having. But glad you are still part of the equation and helping out. phil

Hope all works out for you car32.
    Gary Lileck

Good luck to you team 32. Maybe you can join us as a driver at the end of the year

i was a racer some of you no me.its great what chuck has done to keep everyone racing.my problem was when he said no ladies class and my daughter wanted to race. i sold my car and bought a go kart for her.i think a reason that people dont show is it is not advertised.not just the racing paper but you have to get local papers and tv in on it.the elite dirt karting seris is going thru the same thing and there paying 1000 to win but no one in the stands. they have some great racing

Advertising in the area paper or local radio station is definitely a good idea. There are still MANY folks who don't participate in social media.

But as I stated, Grandview does plug the enduro races well. People are made aware of it. We need more competitors to get involved, and to accomplish such a thing, you need more fans. $7 adult general admission to the grandstands is a bargain. Everyone needs to stress that admission price, you can't go wrong.

And then there is weather. We really need Mother Nature to work with us next Sunday. Lets hope for the best. This next race is very important. Good participation on both ends is what we need.

I've often said the past "do us a favor and tell your neighbor". Spread the word. 200 total laps plus two features for vintage cars, only seven bucks.
    Gary Lileck

I know I'm fairly new to Grandview but as for someone who isn't local, I'm from NJ alittle over an hour away, if there was a way to get some local businesses to offer sponsorship to some of us unfortunate poor people such as myself who lives kinda far away. Or even the local drivers who just don't know anyone out there. If I had a business or had family or friends who did, it would be easier for sponsorship, but I don't. And if I had a business myself, I would help others. But I'm just a poor stay at home dad who just loves to race. And I doubt anyone out here who doesn't really know me is gonna sponsor me since I'm not a sprint car or modified weekly driver. I think this might help be an incentive for people who can't afford it 100%. Maybe bring up the car count for new drivers or ones that left who can't afford it anymore? Every little bit helps. Just throwing this out there. Either way I'm racing if I can afford it or not, lol.
    MadButcher #04

Thread Information