Racerhub.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Another Great Read by Brian Danko

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Another Great Read by Brian Danko

http://briandanko.speedwaylinereport.com/.

I figured this would be a good conversation starter from someone who has been around this Tour for a long time and is as passionate about the Modifieds as we are. I remember coming on this site Sunday night after getting home after a race, and numerous threads about the race, people's opinions, congrats to the winner, etc. I'm honestly amazed that sometimes it takes half a week, and sometimes not at all, before a thread about the weekends action pops up. Even then it may get a response or 2 and that's it. I know you still have guys like Long Island Mod Maniac, and UticaMike that are passionate about this sport and help and do what they can, but where is everyone else that used to have some entertaining and enlightening discussions on this board and others? Not a complaint, just an observation. Enjoy the article-thoughts?

I have been thinking the same as you winston, this site has gone a lil dead lately. I was fun reading peoples opinions and all after races but if it's not long island or new jersey races it's left alone here for the most part.

Maybe Facebook & Twitter have taken some of the input. I miss it also. I'm not on any of them so don't know for sure.

I see random posts on FaceBook, but the way FB works things are scattered all over the place!

As for me, it's really simple. In the 1980's and 90's, I used to go to most of the races on the tour. Then, in 1999 I lost the job that I had for 20 years do to corporate downsizing. From there, I lost 3 more jobs in 5 years for the same reason. I took on a series of low paying jobs just to get by but it was impossible to attend many races off of Long Island. In 2005, I got a driving job that only paid me $10/hr, but did pay medical benefits and I kept it for 5 1/2 years. In that time, I got no pay raise and eventually they couldn't afford to pay the benefits. In june of 2010, I was 65 years old and had a horrible job with little chance of getting a better one, so I have had to limit my racing excursions to Riverhead. Now, I am living on Social Security and a very small pension , so it isn't easy for me to travel for many races. Since I can't go to the races, I really can't comment too much on them. As far as the races that I do go to, such as the Riverhead tour races, I enjoy sharing my observations and hope to continue doing so. I don't bother much with social media, so I rarely see anything on Facebook and yes, I would love to see more discussion here.

Quote Originally Posted by Winston View Post
    http://briandanko.speedwaylinereport.com/.

I figured this would be a good conversation starter from someone who has been around this Tour for a long time and is as passionate about the Modifieds as we are. I remember coming on this site Sunday night after getting home after a race, and numerous threads about the race, people's opinions, congrats to the winner, etc. I'm honestly amazed that sometimes it takes half a week, and sometimes not at all, before a thread about the weekends action pops up. Even then it may get a response or 2 and that's it. I know you still have guys like Long Island Mod Maniac, and UticaMike that are passionate about this sport and help and do what they can, but where is everyone else that used to have some entertaining and enlightening discussions on this board and others? Not a complaint, just an observation. Enjoy the article-thoughts?

Not allowed to have an opinion without getting spanked.

I just found some people annoying with all there doom and gloom, why bother when i can sit and chat with people like long island who actually go to track

I'd love to see more chit chat on here. I try to post and contribute when I can, but time is a big factor when posting and also getting to races.

YOu have to admit, that Acadia did liven things up with his "fact based" rants, but it does get a little sleepy here.
    Pork Roll is very important to me. Please respect that.

2010 Touched Trio Top-5 Standings:
    Linda 1st 381 points
    Tbax 2nd 380 points
    Axel 3rd 327 points

2010 WAS NOT the same for Axel...

I wish the races were televised, I'm in FL so unfortunately I never get to watch them.

Thread Information